[loveym] I am the man.

❛ trigger's one-shot shop • • • The Magical Wand ♔ --OPEN & HIRING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tittle: I am the man.
Casts: APink Bomi, EXO Luhan, Infinite Hoya.
Author: Meila Kim
Request by: loveym

 

Bomi giggled as she puts the last flower into the vase and brings it to the table. “Perfect!” She said to herself as she tidies the table a little more. She takes out her cell phone and starts typing.

 

From: Bomi

To: Luhan

Come here quickly! I have prepared something for you!

 

Bomi takes a step back and admires her work. She notes that she should take out the bubble tea out from the refrigerator soon before Luhan arrives. Today is his birthday and just like how it works for the last two years of their relationship, she has prepared a lot of food. For this year’s celebration, she wanted to have a proper dinner with only the two of them and thus she decided to set dinner on her place.

Beside that, she wants to avoid the dangers outside. Bomi and Luhan both work as secret agents and everyone know how dangerous their live became even since they started their work.

Bomi is going to her bedroom to change her clothes when her phone rang. She doesn’t need to look at the caller’s ID to know it was Hoya. He always calls her when she is busy with Luhan and their dates.

Hoya, being her bestfriend, doesn’t even look at the time whenever he needs her. He is an agent too in the same company as Luhan and Bomi knows well that he has a higher position than Luhan and it makes him busier than Luhan. Hoya is wise though, he never wants to have a girlfriend. When Bomi asked him why, he would flash his smile before answered her, “Because, Bomi, I don’t want my girlfriend to live a roller coaster live with me.” That answer will usually lead them into a long discussion.

“Hello?”

“Yah! What are you going to do today?” The bubbly voice on the other line makes her to frown. This man probably has been out of his mind.

“Can’t you greet normally?” Bomi scoffs. She has been in her room, looking through the dress inside her wardrobe. She groans softly as she realizes that she doesn’t know what to wear.

“I can but unfortunately, I don’t want to! Anyway, can we go to watch new movies? It’s boring to be alone!”

Bomi bites her bottom lip as she takes out one of the dresses and turns around to the nearest mirror. She nods in satisfaction when she looks at her reflection. “Nope, I can’t. Today is Luhan’s birthday and we’re going to have a dinner date. Find yourself a girlfriend, Hoya. You can’t always drag me to keep you accompany.”

Bomi can hear Hoya’s groan and his rants. Bomi giggles slightly as she tries to change her clothes and keeps holding to her cell phone at the same time.

“Hoya, I better go now!” As soon as she’s finish with the clothes, she hung up.

Right when she puts down her cell phone, the front door creaks open. She doesn’t need to think twice and hurriedly goes to the front door. Luhan, still in his work suit, is struggling to free himself from his shoes.

“Baby deer!” Bomi’s voice startles Luhan as he stops his effort and takes the time to look up at her.

He grins up at her. “Hey, darling.”

Bomi comes closer to him and ignores the fact that Luhan still has his shoes on as she hugs him tightly. “Happy birthday!” She whispers to him. Luhan chuckles as he pats her back. All of this time he also silently tries to let go of his shoes.

“Thank you.” He whispers back. Bomi pulls her head and gives him a peck on the lips.

 “Hurry! We have to celebrate your birthday!”

She pulls his arm and he easily gets dragged by her. She makes him to sit tightly on the chair and hurriedly goes to take the birthday cake and the bubble tea which has been cold enough for Luhan’s taste.

“You’ve prepared a lot!” Luhan said as he stands up to help Bomi taking the bubble tea from her hand. His eyes sparked as he focused on the bubble tea.

As they sit and face each other, Luhan is unable to hide his smile. “I can’t wait to eat everything!”

Bomi giggles. “Make your wish and blow the candles. Hurry!”

Luhan doesn’t need to be told twice as he blows the candles in a second. Bomi claps her hands enthusiastically. “What was your wish?” She asks as the smoke has subsided now.

“It’s a secret,” Luhan said, smiling to her.

 

Bomi glances on her watch. It has been half an hour and Luhan hasn’t shown up. They’re supposed to have a dinner together. Bomi has ordered a place in Luhan’s favorite restaurant and he should have been there half an hour ago. He has promised her to get off work early that day.

It’s supposed to be one of their romantic dinners where she will have him to tell her how he loves her and a lot of cheesy stuffs. But Luhan has practically ruined the night with his tardiness.

“Five more minutes!” She said to herself.

And five minutes passed and he still doesn’t come. Bomi sighs. It’s not like Luhan to come late on their dates. She has always threatened him to never come late on their dates and Luhan has taken it seriously. Except for work which is an emergency thing.

Her phone suddenly rings. She looks at the caller’s ID and gets surprised as Hoya’s name appears.

“Hoya!”

“Hey, Bomi.” His voice isn’t as excited as usual and it tickles Bomi.

“What happened? Why are you calling me?”

“Well, you see… We had a drink earlier, Luhan invited me, I swear!”

“And…?”

“I think he drank too much. He slipped and fell down. Uhm, Bomi, the doctor just said that he broke his arm.”

Bomi doesn’t need to think twice as she rushed to take a cab and goes to the hospital. “That stupid Luhan!” She hissed as the cab started slithering on the road.

 

Bomi rushes toward Hoya whom was standing in the middle of the alley. When he saw her, he gave her a faint smile.

“How is Luhan?”

Hoya says nothing as he points out to one of the doors in front of them. “In there.”

Bomi nods as she quietly opens the door. But before she gets into the room, she turns around and almost in whisper mouths him, “Sorry to trouble you, Hoya.”

She shuffles through the room to where Luhan is laying. Luhan looks like he screwed up a lot as Bomi approaches him. She sighs and ruffles her head. Luhan has never been able to take much of alcohol and it seems like he is testing himself to cross his limit, again. Bomi suddenly wants Luhan to quickly wake up so that she could nag him.

Because of the alcohol it takes longer for Luhan to wake up and when he does, the first sight he saw was Bomi who has fallen asleep while waiting for him.

A smile crept onto his face. It feels weirdly comfortable to have her falling asleep from waiting of him. He’s going to move his left hand when he suddenly feels a shot of pain that he isn’t able to resist in his bone.

 Bomi’s eyes flutter open when she heard someone screams in pain and in the next second curses. She sits upright when she has regained her consciousness. In front of her, Luhan is holding his arm and hissing in pain as he tries to keep his arm unmoved.

“You have never done things right.” Bomi said as she stands up to take a glass of water for her.

Luhan’s only reply is his whimper. Bomi ignores it completely. As she sits back on her seat, she watches as Luhan whines about his pain and how he wants to go home. Bomi gets irritated by the way he acts and suddenly, the anger explodes into a nag.

“You’re really useless! Whining because of a small pain! Are you a man? Oh wait. I don’t even remember if you are!”

Luhan blinks his eyes confusedly to Bomi’s statement.  Although so, he manages to answer her by saying, “Of course I am a man.”

Bomi lets out a mocking laugh.

 “Really? But you have never acted like a man in this relationship! This kind of scene should have happened to the woman, not the man! I have always taken a lead in our relationship and I guess it makes us to switch role completely huh?”

Luhan’s face darkens but he only gives her silence which makes Bomi’s anger to come out even more.

“I should have dated someone like Hoya. We both know he’s going to fit me well.”

Bomi  wants to laugh as she uses Hoya’s name. They once discussed about her close friendship with Hoya and Luhan even admitted that he thought Hoya could fit her better than him. It once became a joke between them but now it seems like a right time to make their joke as a weapon to torture him.

“Bomi!” He gets alarmed once Hoya’s name gets into the scene.

“I’m not kidding, Luhan. Maybe I should break up with you and go around dating Hoya.” It’s hard to contain her laugh and keep a straight face but she’s proud to say that she’s succeed.

It’s her first time to tease Luhan like this. It has crossed their line but it’s worth it. Her anger has made her to have this urge to punish Luhan and to torture him. Beside, she wants to know if he will try to win her over or not. She knows Luhan, he’s a hard working man and if he wants her, he will work hard for it. It makes Bomi curious on how he tries to win her.

“I will go now. Take care of yourself. Bye!” Bomi quickly stands up from her seat and heads straight to the door.

As she’s going closer to the door, Luhan stops her with his silent question.

“How can I convince you to stay with me?”

She giggles inside as she turns around and faces him. “Try to win my heart then before I become Hoya’s.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter