round one

bean bag collection

1. eunji (9muses)/boa delicate (spica)- damien rice

kwon boa is the daughter of a pastor, she grew up running through the pews and singing her heart out in the church choir.

park eunji is the product of a broken home.

they meet in confession, boa is having a hard time with her uality and eunji is just looking for some place to sleep.

it's quiet, and for a moment boa thinks she's having a religious experience when she hears a voice back- but it's female and it doesn't quite boom through her the way she grew up expecting it to.

'like who you want, a gender doesn't decide the person inside.'

'who is that?' boa gets up, apprehensive as she pulls back the curtain and sees a dimly lit profile.

 

2. yura (girl’s day)/jisook (rainbow) hot patootie bless my soul- rocky horror picture show

jisook is possibly the worst dancer yura has ever seen, she throws gangly limbs around without any shame and yura almost calls it endearing until jisook starts doing the sprinkler.

'i thought you wanted help with biology?' yura asks, not sure what her purpose really was at this point - she wasn't even good at biology.

'auditions for the school play are coming up soon,' jisook says as she does a dramatic spin - nearly totalling her flowery bedroom light in the process, 'do you want to audition with me?'

'i don't even sing,' yura murmurs, shoulders tensing as the sax gets louder.

 

3. yenny (wondergirls)/jea (brown eyed girls) you won't see me- the beatles

it's somewhere around the third phone call that yeeun starts to think professor kim gave her the wrong number and it's about three shots later (with some prompting from yubin) that she's calling up and whining about her need to talk to professor kim.

'i need... professor kim's number,' yeeun mumbles, putting her phone on her forehead, 'i need to speak to her itsanemurgincy.'

'what is professor kim's first name? what university does she teach at?'

'you sound like a robot, where's professor kim~'

'kim seongsanim~!' yubin chimes in, grabbing yeeun's phone her face, 'she looks like an eagle with the eyes of a beagle-'

it's not long before yubin and yeeun are collapsed in a heap, shrieking with laughter and there's nothing but a dialtone coming from yeeun's cellphone and then hyelim is storming in, hair mussed from sleep.

'do you guys even know what time it is?' hyelim asks, yawning and rubbing at her eyes groggily.

'we need to talk to professor kim~~' yeeun whines, 'i need to ask her out.'

'is she one of your professors?'

'art history~'

'her contact details should be in any past assignments she's mailed to you, call her in the morning, go to sleep,' hyelim pulls yubin up from the floor and yubin slings her arms around her shoulders and the two retreat to their shared room, yubin cackling loudly.

of course, yeeun doesn't listen to lim's advice, instead she's crawling for her laptop and opening up her email and wondering if she's really some kind of idiot, how did she even get into university - sure enough the number's there.

three rings and yeeun's not sure if it's professor kim hyojin or her voicemail speaking but she's pretty sure she's just proposed but it's probably the first proposal in history that ends in, 'why won't you see me?!'

 

4. jiyeon (glam)/hyunyoung (rainbow) aliens exist- blink 182
hyunyoung is about 90% sure that jiyeon is weirder than jackson and that almost definitely makes her an alien.

jiyeon sometimes squeaks when she talks to hyunyoung, eats unidentifiable things and she's almost certain she saw her floating that one time in the school gymnasium.

'jackson, i think jiyeon is an alien.'

'do you have definitive proof?'

'she squeaks a lot and eats weird food-'

'not enough to go on, what do you have for lunch?'

'kimbap, but jackson seriously i saw her float once!'

'i wonder where she keeps her mothership,' jackson rolls his eyes and hyunyoung decides she's not friends with him anymore, he's useless.
--

'kyuhyun, i think jiyeon is an alien.'
'she's just mean, you know she hit me once.'
hyunyoung is about 2674% sure he's thinking of the wrong jiyeon and informs him as much.
'there's another jiyeon?'
'yes.'
'why are you telling me?'
'you're friends with yesung.'
'we have a professional relationship i'll have you know-'
'everyone knows, but listen. cho kyuhyun, i saw her levitating and she gets all squeaky when she talks to me.'
'we should tail her home.'
'that escalated quickly.'
and sure enough it did, because hyunyoung is caught in the bush outside of jiyeon's apartment block and kyuhyun (the useless ) made a speedwalk for it.
'hyunyoung? what are you doing here?' jiyeon voice hitches on her name, but she helps her up and hyunyoung notices she's kind of blushing and her hand is clammy and-

'are you an alien?'
'are- what?'
'are you an alien?'

 

5. aj (u-kiss)/gayoon (4minute) don’t take your guns to town- johnny cash
'you listen to too much country music,' gayoon informs aj one night, duvet covering her nose.

'are you discriminating against country music?' aj asks, mildly offended.

'no no- well. yes. do you need to listen to it... when we... i mean it's kind of a mood killer.'

'what are you talking about?!?!' aj sits up, clapping to turn on his light (because of course he would have a clapper).

'are you kidding me? have you ever listened to the words?!'

'... nooooo?'

gayoon leans across his chest to grab his ipod, starting the johnny cash song over once more.

there's silence for three minutes and gayoon thinks aj might be tearing up a little.

'i just... i thought it had a good rhythm.'

 

6. chen (exo)/yezi (fiestar) (jongdae is not a) smooth rider- dave matthews band

tales!verse

jongdae and yezi dated for a grand total of 134 hours, it started on a monday during the summer holidays and ended when yongguk popped his head through yezi's doorway to ask if she wanted anything to eat.

jongdae was about 80% pantsless, whatever that meant and he was almost positively completely out of yezi's bedroom window but he hadn't anticipated the sudden foliage and he definitely had forgotten that yezi's room was a floor up.

yongguk is gone for about a minute, but then he's got the rest of his small mob and inexplicably chanyong has a bb gun and he keeps shooting at jongdae (though he appears to be night blind because somehow he shot out the bedroom light.

it's dark, except for light from the corridor and jongdae is yelling for his life.

'she seduced me! with her hair flips and she bit my ear and she even told sera she liked me-'

'jongdae, you can come inside.'

'can you guarantee my safety if i do?'

'... jongdae, we're not going to anything.'

'but chanyong... and his bb gun.'

'i thought you were a robber.'

'why did you call everyone?!?!!'

'because... you're in a tree pantsless and it's hysterical?'

'oh, right.'

 

7. minzy (2ne1)/yoseob (b2st) wild child (or the one where yoseob forgets it's actually halloween ok)- the doors

*tales!verse

maybe it was because his father raised him as a baby elephant (okay, his father told people that he was raising a baby elephant.) but yoseob is realising he might be somewhat terrible with people - or at least with minzy because whenever he talks to her he seems to suffer from mental shutdown.

he'd actually been raised perfectly normally, staying with his cousins seojoon and yugyeom -

but when he was around minzy you could barely tell.

but maybe she was the problem because she made chanyeol get a bit strange too, though his weird didn't really ever switch off.

'hey elephant's child,' minzy smiles, crouching down to where yoseob was lazing in the sunlight. she's wearing an eyepatch and a pirate hat and yoseob thinks maybe her weird was finally affecting her too.

yoseob's hands are clammy and something flashes through his mind, yugyeom's hands after talking to yerin for literally a second - but it never happened to seojoon when he spoke to hyorin so it couldn't be... but his cheeks feel kind of hot too and yugyeom does that when you so much as mention yerin's name (or whitney houston oddly enough) - does he-

'do i like you?'

minzy doesn't quite know how to reply to that.

 

8. wooyoung (2pm)/iu shiver- maroon 5

wooyoung thinks jieun might be dense, even when he kisses her forehead and the cameras are packed away she just laughs and tells him she's relieved all that's over. he tries again.

'jieun-ssi, do you want to go get some coffee?' wooyoung asks, lips pulled into a tight smile as he puts his hand on her shoulder.

'are you treating?' jieun asks,  eyes sparkling. wooyoung nods.

'i'll go tell pd-nim to get everyone together-'

'no, i-'

god damn it.

 

9. junho (2pm)/jun. k (2pm) meg white- ray lamontagne

junho has admired minjun for a while, his striking eyes and his strong voice and broad shoulders and i guess really when junho says admired he means thought about in bed and there are really quite a few people junho admires so maybe it's a little more.

they've been friends for years, junho calls minjun's dad by his first name and sometimes even calls him vodka breath if he's feeling sassy enough. sometimes junho wonders what it would be like if there was something more.

they're walking their bikes back from school, taking the scenic route. they stayed late, music class running a bit late and then there was that joint detention for defacing a picture of teacher kim but that's irrelevant.

'i really think he looked better with the beret, i don't get why he was so upset,' minjun rambles, 'he's the one who insists on putting on a french accent.'

junho laughs, they both do and somehow minjun's hand brushes against junho's thigh and junho isn't quite sure what overtakes him but he practically pounces on minjun (who is unsure of the situation, is he going to kiss him or mug him) - but then junho's looking down at him and their breathing is a little heavier from sudden exertion and maybe this was all junho needed because something's are just better in your head.

junho places his palm squarely on minjun's chest and smiles before hopping up and grabbing minjun's (far superior (it had a basket)) bicycle and hightailling it out of sight.

'yah! lee junho!'

(another situation that was better in his head, because junho certainly didn't expect wooyoung to pull the same move and then actually have the balls to kiss him.)

 

10. seunghyun (ft island)/bora (sistar) julianne- ben folds

*tales!verse

'you look like guns and roshes,' seunghyun slurs, sure that he's got the dark haired girl totally sold with his smoothness.

'you literally are burning my eyes with your breath, go away before I call security please.'

'i just meant you're pretty, you're jinwoon's sister right? boa? bomi? bora? it's bora right?'

bora nods and seunghyun throws his fist in the air.

'do you find jinwoon pretty?' bora asks, looking mildly amused.

'i actually do. he's like. insanely attractive.'

'you're seunghyun right? junhyung's brother?'

'he didn't rob you or something right or date you- but wait, your name is bora not bara.'

and seunghyun's sure it's because of pity that she's offering to drive him home, but he likes to think that she likes to think of him and maybe sometimes he's shirtless or doing a little dance and-

'you're thinking that out loud.'

.

'pity.' that bora finds him strangely endearing.

 

11. taeyang (big bang)/minha (9muses) she's leaving home- the beatles

yongbae has recently taken to wearing a blue floral dress around the house, it's tight and it belonged to areum when she was about seven.

she's not quite sure how to cope or feel about this, but she thinks her friend minha is even more perplexed.

'is youngbae oppa okay?' minha asks areum one evening and areum can't really say, he's always been a bit off but this was a new brand of strange.

'minha please,' yongbae wheedles, pitch of his voice uncomfortably high, 'call me eonni.'

--

it's about 1.37 am and there's a empty box of oreos between the two girls and endless questions hanging in the air.

'do you think he'll go for hormone replacement therapy?' minha giggles.

'i hope he goes shopping to upgrade his wardrobe,' areum chuckles.

they're quiet for a bit.

'it's a shame, he's really cute.'

suddenly minha's phone illuminates the room and she answers before her ringtone even begins to play.

'hello? oh, mom? is everything okay?' minha sends an apologetic look areum's way.

after a while she hangs up, 'ah, looks like my mom's coming to fetch me - my dad's in hospital.'

'is it serious?'

'nothing too major, but my dad's a wimp - whenever anything like this happens he always feels the need to assemble the family i'm so sorry - I'll hopefully see you at school tomorrow.'

minha gathers her things and areum lets her out, giving her a hug as her mom pulls up in the drive way - she can see soyoung in the car waving and areum waves back, rushing back into the house - minha's sister was something else.

--

'you're not wearing your dress anymore,' areum yawns as she pours milk into her cereal bowl.

'i was going to do my great reveal- where's minha?' yongbae asks, looking around the room.

'she went home last night, what do you mean great reveal?'

'nothing,' yongbae crosses his arms, ears bright red.

'tell me.'

'there's nothing to tell.'

areum kicks yongbae's shin as hard as she can and clenches her fist, 'tell me or i'll tell everyone at school about the dress.'

'it's just. you know how in the dramas the lead pretends to be something they're not - like a different gender or something and then everyone falls... in love with them-'

'are you actually kidding, tell me the truth.'

yongbae is silent and areum realises her brother really is that lame.

 

12. kyujong (ss501)/ailee sweet wanomi- bill withers

 

'come here girl, come here,' kyujong makes sloppy kissing noises as he slides around the wooden floors of his apartment, searching for his lion-dog.

'ailee, come on girl, come let's go to bed~' kyujong coos, now on his hands and knees.

'ailee~ ailee~~'

there's a knock at the door and he stops mid coo to crawl towards the door convinced it was his dog knocking - and in a sense it was because she was in the arms of his attractive neighbour... who happened to share a name with his dog.

'i think this is yours,' ailee says, setting... ailee down in front of kyujong - she skitters off into the house and straight to her food bowl and kyujong straightens up, clearing his throat.

'thank you so much...'

'did you... name your dog after me?'

'what? no? would i even be a human if i-'

'stalker,' she says with a smile and kyujong is about to whine in reply but his puppy pout is

only seen by the white wood of his door.

'my dog is older than you! it's impossible!'

--

kyujong is lying in bed, staring at the ceiling and he's kind of wishing he'd thought of a better name for his dog. like wanomi. why didn't he call her wanomi.

 

13. nichkhun (2pm)/kai (exo) anthem- blink 182

*tales!verse

jongin isn't quite sure how nichkhun became his responsibility, but before taemin left with a trail of cusses he'd flung nichkhun in his general direction - of course he'd misjudged the strength of his shove but now jongin is tugging the long legged thai boy out of the pool before he drowns because he's "paralysed".

taecyeon helps drag him inside to the nearest empty sofa, and nichkhun reaches out after him but he leaves - eyes trained on a ghetto dancing yubin.

'jonghyun is that you?' nichkhun asks, resting his head on jongin's chest.

'nope, his dongsaeng,' jongin corrects.

'oh hey suga,' nichkhun sits up and ruffles his hair and kisses his cheek, (is he this close with yoongi hyung???) 'is that kid brother of yours still dating his twin? doesn't guarantee pretty children.'

there's so much wrong that jongin doesn't actually know where to start, so he doesn't. he plays along.

'they broke up about ten minutes ago.'

'oh right, i was there. taeminnie was taking care of me, i called him mom,' nichkhun let out a cute(?) gurgle and laid back, head on jongin's lap.

'how drunk are you?'

'i'm about as drunk as i like minho.'

jongin winced.

'is it that obvious? i guess it is. minho kept feeding me strawberries though. with vodka in.'

'sounds like he was finally going to take advantage of you.'

nichkhun petted jongin's face, index finger staying on his nose for a little too long.

'jonginnie, why didn't you say it was you,' nichkhun whines and now there are two fingers on jongin's nose. and jongin is wondering how even when he's babbling a fierce amount of nonsense and possibly crying a bit (and he has a mini marshmellow stuck to his earlobe) that he's still so attractive.

'how do you know it's not my twin boyfriend?'

'because your twin boyfriend- you're not really related right? he threw me at you. well he threw me into the pool. i felt like a mermaid.'

jongin takes this moment to put his hand on nichkhun's face and hush him to sleep and somehow it works - right up until nichkhun pops up and smashes his lips against jongin's and jongin finds himself going with it.

nichkhun pulls back ever so slightly and grins (and god damn it he's even attractive this

close up really???) before... 'this is my jam- DIBI DIBI DAY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DIBI DIBI DAY AHHHHHH DIBI DIBI DAYYY AYYYY.'

 

14. youngsaeng (ss501)/eli (u-kiss) johnny- system of a down

tales!verse

'sunggyu, when did you learn to bake?' youngsaeng calls as he walks into the kitchen, when there's no response he takes a moment to heap a few brownies onto a sideplate.

'is anyone home?' youngsaeng calls, but his voice is echoed and then the front door slowly creaks open.

'hi, i'm here to see jiyeon she stole- my heart, hello mr sunggyu's father,' eli bumbles.

'youngsaeng, call me youngsaeng- do you want a brownie? jiyeon isn't home right now but i hope everyone will be back soon-'

eli didn't really bother listening any further after food was mentioned, and with hamstercheeks he says, 'these are delicious did you make these?'

youngsaeng takes an experimental bite before nodding, 'sunggyu made them, but they've got quite a unique taste? i wonder what he put in here?' he takes another bite and eli takes this moment to set his brownie aside.

'oh dear.'

--

'jiyeon keeps sitting on my hand,' kyuhyun complains from the backseat.

'your friend keeps putting his hand underneath my , sunggyu,' jiyeon deadpans and punches kyuhyun on the arm.

'why do you always have to revert to violence! sunggyu your sister is abusive swap with me!

jaekyung let me sit on your lap!'

'don't drag me into this,' sunggyu grumbles from the safety of the front seat, 'we're home anyway.'

'there's led zeppelin blasting so loudly from inside i think i can see taecyeon's dad jamming to it in his bedroom,' henry says, covering his ears before getting out the car.

--

the sight the family (plus kyuhyun) find upon entering is like nothing they have ever seen before because it kind of looks like youngsaeng has covered himself in soft pink icing.

'what- i-'

'he keeps asking me to decorate him,' eli says, looking traumatised.

 

15. changseob (btob)/jongsuk/pillow a kiss to send us off- incubus

tales!verse

jongsuk wasn't really aware changseob had such sweet moves and he wasn't even going to ask where he had found the bra (he’s guessing boram's room though).

they're sitting cross legged in jongsuk's room, sehun has earphones in or he might not - he's probably just disinterested as usual- playing deaf.

'have you had your first kiss yet?' changseob asks, lazing back on jongsuk's bed.

jongsuk's ears heat up as he shook his head, changseob patted him on the shoulder - 'you'll get there, and when you do i'll teach you how to deal with... this.' he waves around jongsuk's bra wearing pillow.

'do you have anyone in mind though?'

'i think gaeunnie is really cute.'

'does she like you too?'

'about as much as hyunyoung likes jackson.'

'that's not a positive prognosis,' changseob winces, leaning forward, 'look, i'll show you how to get the girl okay. just follow these simple steps...'

--

step one: give her something nice

it's first break when jongsuk pulls gaeun aside, her hair is in a messy bun on top of her head and she looks so cute that jongsuk doesn't breathe for the first two minutes when he's with her and he passes out- but when he wakes up he notices the chocolate he'd been holding was gone. success.

--

'what was step two again?' jongsuk asks changseob and changseob shrugs, wiping food from his cheeks before wandering off.

--

step two: shrugging

'jongsuk did you put that thing in my locker?' gaeun asks, looking shocked. changseob must have had his back and gotten the chocolate to her.

jongsuk raises his shoulders and then drops them.

'oh it must have been someone else...'

step three: denial (all the cool guys do it)

'it's just, it's signed LJS so-' gaeun reaches into her pocket and pulls out a piece of mustardy yellow paper. she unfolds it and shows him.

there are some very terrible stick figures and some very messy hand writing but the letter is titled "u and me gurl we are hot property, let's move and it and make some babiezzzz $$$ love ljs".

was it still denial if he didn't really he do it? was this a trick? should he-

'oh yeah that was me, mmhmm,' jongsuk finds himself snapping and wondering who he has become right up until gaeun crumples up the letter and throws it in his face.

'i don't like guys who aren't cool enough to tell me they like me to my face!'

--

'sehun i don't know what to do, i messed things up because i listened to changseob-'

sehun blinks and starts yelling about juice, jongsuk flops back onto his bed- clearly no one knows about love.

--

'hey gaeun, about yesterday... i'm so sorry i-' jongsuk trails off, 'god i don't know what to say.'

'that would be because you're talking to a tree,' a voice from behind him says, a voice that belongs to actual gaeun.

jongsuk nearly flies up the tree in shock.

'it's okay i'm not going to beat you,' gaeun says, climbing up the tree to where jongsuk was - ushering him along the branch so the two of them could sit comfortably.

their legs are touching, so are their arms and jongsuk feels all warm and fuzzy inside.

'i'm sorry about yesterday, i like you a lot you see... i like you so much i listened to my cousin because he knows about girls you know... and it just. it was a mistake. please forgive me,' jongsuk mumbles and gaeun smiles.

'it's okay, i get it- we all make mistakes.'

gaeun puts her hand on top of his and jongsuk turns his head to kiss her.

step four: use your tongue

and for some unknown reason jongsuk follows changseob's last bit of advice and he gaeun's mouth - her closed mouth.

and then there's silence and then jongsuk is handing gaeun his backpack and his shoes and his lunch, 'i'm so sorry you can have everything let's just- you can have it all-'

jongsuk jumped down from the branch and walked right back home.

--

'how are things with gaeun?' changseob asks.

'do you even know anything about girls?'

'not really no, just that they get really mean once a month apparently. i don't get it because mom's mean all the time-'

'you're an idiot. actually no, i'm an idiot.'