Café of Memories

After A Storm, A Rainbow Appears

   Today marked my one year anniversary with my boyfriend Sehun. We were head over heals for each other, or so I thought. Not too long ago, my best friend told me that he was cheating on me but I didn't believe her, and I was a fool for not doing so. Sehun and I were in love, he would never do that to me. It seemed impossible.

   One day as I was running errands, I walked past my favorite café and sitting there by the window was my boyfriend drinking coffee. I was about to enter to say hi to him but I stopped myself. As I was about to walk in, a girl came up to his table and greeted him with a kiss. Not on the cheeks, but on the lips. She definitely was not a family member. When I saw that awful scene my instincts told me to run, which is precisely what I did. How could I have been so stupid? Actually thinking that I would have a successful relationship with the most popular and the most handsome guy at work. Why didn't I listen to my best friend?

   The very next day, I ended our relationship. I would have done it sooner but I didn't feel like seeing Sehun's face. While I was telling him what I saw, he pretended that he didn't know what I was talking about which irritated me. When he finally admitted that he did what he did, he said it meant nothing to him and that he wanted to be with me. He even tried kissing me, and by doing that he earned my handprint on his face.

   That incident happened about three months ago and ever since then, we haven't talked or seen each other, even at work. At first it was difficult, but eventually I got over him.

   Today I decided to hang out at my favorite café. I haven't been there since that day. I've been avoiding it as much as possible because it brought back painful memories, but I won't let those memories get in the way of my favorite coffee anymore! I missed my coffee terribly!

   I ordered the usual white chocolate latte with whipped cream and sat myself at a table near the window. I occuppied myself with a book, and before I realized it it was raining heavily. I couldn't possibly go home now, not yet. I continued to read and as time passed it got harder to focus due to the people crowding into the little café.

   "Miss?" I heard someone call. I took my eyes off of my book and in front of me was a tall, slender, and handsome man. "May I sit here? Every seat seems to be taken and it doesn't seem like the rain will stop anytime soon."

   "Sure. Go ahead."

   I'm not good at starting conversations so I resumed reading my book. I tried to concentrate, but my eyes decided to play the letsfocusonthestrangerinstead game. They naturally focused their attention on the stranger, like they had a mind of their own. I saw him stare outside in deep thought and without any warning, he turned his gaze towards me and he caught me staring at him. My nervousness took over and in embarassment, I swiftly covered my face with the book. Good job. He now thinks I'm a weirdo!

   "My name is Kris by the way." I slowly lowered my book and he flashed a welcoming smile, causing me to ease up a little bit.

   "I'm Han Byul. Nice to meet you." I returned a smile.

   From then on everything went smoothly. Actually, you could say it was perfect. We got to know each other and in the end we exchanged numbers. When the rain finally stopped it was already dark and we parted ways. As I was walking back to my apartment, my phone vibrated. It was a message from Kris.

   "I had a great time talking with you. Perhaps we can do it again sometime." -Kris

   I was smiling down on my phone before I realized it. I probably looked stupid but I didn't care. I haven't felt this way since Sehun. Kris and I ended up messaging each other the whole night. I ended up falling asleep around 2 o'clock in the morning.

---

   Weeks passed then months, but we still stayed in contact with each other. We would sometimes meet up at the café during our lunch breaks and during that time, we got really close to each other. One could say that everything was going well. During this time we already had a "thing" going on. We weren't boyfriend and girlfriend, but we didn't see other people either. It's not that we didn't want to, it was because we refused to.

   The last time we met up he invited me to his friend's party and I gladly accepted. Not going to lie, I was nervous because the party was at a club and I don't go to clubs very often. And I wasn't really familiar with his friends. I've only met them once.

---

   My room was a mess! Clothes were scattered everywhere! I pretty much took out every piece of clothing out of my closet because I couldn't find a party appropriate attire. It took me a while, but I finally found an outfit at seemed decent enough for a party. It was a short dress, but not too short, which I paired with high heels.

   A few hours passed when someone knocked on my apartment door. When I opened it, Kris was standing there dressed to party. He decided he would pick me up since he didn't want to risk the fact that I might get lost. Or at least that's the excuse that he gave me. We went downstairs and he hailed a cab.

---

   We arrived at the party and he introduced me to some of his other friends. We then sat down at the bar and he ordered me and himself a drink. I ended up liking the drink so much that I ordered about 4-5 before taking a break. Kris drank too, but not as much as I did.

   We danced on the dance floor for the longest time, and I could not take it anymore! The alcohol was messing me up and the high heels were killing me. Kris dragged me back to the bar and sat me down. He looked at me while I sobered up a little. I had my head down on the table but I could feel someone staring at me.

   "What is it?" I asked in a drunken voice.

   Kris stiffled a laugh. "Nothing." He reached for the strands of hair in my face and tucked it behind my ear. He continued to stare at me while he patted me head. "Why don't I take you home. You've had too much to drink."

   As I was getting off of the bar stool, I lost my balance. Darn you alcohol! Good thing Kris was there. He caught me by my waist and helped me stand properly, or at least he tried to, but my legs wouldn't cooperate. He ended up giving me a piggy back ride until we got a cab, then we went back to my apartment.

---

   The morning light seeping through the crack of the curtains woke me up. I felt someone's breathing and something heavy around my waist. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Kris's face next to mine with his arms wrapped around my waist. By the way did I mention he was SHIRTLESS?

    I quickly shot up in surprise. I tried calling his name, but he refused to wake up. I yelled his name near his ear, and he quickly shot up causing our heads to collided.

   "What was that for? It's too early." He grabbed my waist and pulled me back into bed next to him. I could feel his  bare, muscular chest against my back, and the heat he radiated was like an invitaion to fall back to sleep.

   I grabbed the nearest pillow and hit him with it. "Wake up!" It seemed to do the trick. He let me go and I sat up. "What are you in my bed, shirtless?! What happened last night?"

   "Well, you know..." He smirked.

   "Don't tell me... We..." At that moment I didn't know what to think or say. All I could do was stare at Kris in disbelief. Of all the times, I had to be drunk! Then, he bursted out laughing.

   "You're so cute when you make that face." He placed his hands on my cheeks and gently planted a kiss on my forehead. "Don't worry. We didn't do anything. I would never take advantage of you while you're drunk."

   I was sort of glad that nothing happened, but I was still confused on why he was on my bed, shirtless. I didn't need to ask him, he already knew what I was going to ask.

   "When I brought you back home last night, you asked me if I could stay with you and of course I said yes. When I was waiting for you to fall asleep, I ended up falling asleep. And why am I shirtless? Easy. I got hot when you were sleeping on me, so I took my shirt off."

   After he explained everything I didn't know what to do, so I laughed and threw another pillow at him. He dodged it and he pinned me down on my bed. I was caught off guard and he was hovering over me, I didn't know what to expect next.

   Kris planted another kiss on my forehead and looked at me dead in the eyes, still being pinned down. "I know that we're together and all, but I want you to be mine officially. So will you be mine and only mine, forever?"

    I answered him by kissing him on the lips repeatedly.

   "So I take that as a yes." He moved the strands of hair away from my face and placed his hands on my neck. He grinned and kissed me passionately. "I'm so glad I met you." He said in between kisses.

   "Me too."

_____________________________________________________________________________

I apologize if you didn't like it. And the ending. Oh goodness the ending. Yeah~ Sorry for that I'm not good with endings.