Beside You.

Where You Are

+

"Juneo-yah, where are you?"

"Beside you", Junho replied with a scoff, coupling it with a roll of his eyes and an overall expression that conveyed how unimpressed he was with his hyung's joke.

Hyung joked a lot with him, he , sang to him, played scenarios with him, anything fun hyung could think of, he would do to him. Junho reacted the same way to hyung's antics; mostly his reaction contained pursed lips, judging eyes and a sunken one-hip stance, perfected with his arms crossed firmly against his chest. With a quick glance even a stranger could tell this kid didn't like the other at all.

But how wrong they would be.

Truthfully, deep down, Junho adored his hyung, deep deep down, and honestly, deep deep deep down, Junho needed his hyung, he needed Minjun, with his stupid jokes and his stupid smile and his even stupider hugs. 

Minjun chuckled faintly at how unimpressed Junho looked with his joke, his eyes glinting a bit as he looked at younger before slinking his arm around Junho's tense shoulders, "Of course, beside me! Exactly where you belong!" 

Junho looked even more unimpressed (if possible) at his hyung's words, which just made Jun.K chuckle even more. There wasn't a moment in his time of being around Junho that he didn't find this kid's reactions fascinating. It was as if, he thought, Junho was oblivious to the fact that his hyung could clearly tell how much Junho faked his distaste.

How unaware Junho was, of how easy his emotions were to read and how unfortunate for him that Minjun, as it happened, was a master of reading the ripples of thoughts that Junho's forced expressions displayed; his anger, his fear, his happiness, each feeling a unique wave in the mirror of his expressions.

"How can you say I belong beside you..." Junho grumbled as he sank against Jun.K's side, slowly giving into the half-caress of his elder. "That's such a stupid thing to say." 

Minjun furrowed his brow as he looked at the other curiously, sensing that Junho was less in the dmood for his jokes than usual. He paused a moment, surveying the cold look on his younger's face before breaking the silence between them, "I'm being serious, you belong beside me, Junho-yah"

Junho blinked a few times in soft surprise, the seriousness of his elder's eyes locked on his made the words burdened with a deeper meaning. Junho's heart suddenly thumped harder, pushing hot blood around his veins and greeting his cheeks with a gentle red glow. He wasn't imagining all this, was he? This wasn't (another) cruel joke his mind was playing on him like that last time in the car when Taecyeon caught him his hyung's name softly in his sleep and for a month about it? 

Jun. K's lips curled into a softened grin as he watched the reaction on the younger's face, he would've continued watching if it weren't for his concern that Junho's head might explode from overheating due to the confused look on his face. With a loud clear of his throat, Minjun enticed Junho back to reality. Quickly Junho tried to mask his emotions by playing his poker face and stared blankly at his hyung before mumbling in his usual bored tone, "Sorry hyung, were you saying something?"

Jun. K rolls his eyes at the weak effort and leans in closer to Junho, cupping his face. Minjun's long slender fingers held his younger's soft plump cheeks as he closed the distance between them, leaning in close to Junho's ear, his gentle breath hitting of the shell of his younger's ear causing Junho to shiver slightly. "I said", he murmurs softly, his voice like liquid velvet pouring into Junho's mind, "you belong beside me."

Junho's eyes widened during the process, so much so that the iris of his eyes had never been so visible before. He was shocked, baffled, completely confused and yet his heart thumped hard against his ribs. His face was burning up enough from having his hyung's warm hands upon him, but between the words and the soft sensation of Jun. K's breath on his ear Junho felt as if he was in the middle of a fire, his face reddening to a deep crimson. He could hardly believe what was happening because it felt so much like the daydreams and fantasies he had thought out so many times between them. Junho's mind felt jammed full of nonsensical words and nonsense for what felt like hours, yet only a few seconds had passed. Minjun breathed out a voiceless laugh against Junho's ear and pulled back to look at him, still cupping his face tenderly. The elder's soft brown eyes lingered on Junho's, studying them quietly before murmuring somewhat amused to himself, "You don't believe me, huh kid?"

Junho's mouth opened a fraction and closed just as quick, like a fish gaping for water. He blinked rapidly as he looked at his hyung, wanting to pinch himself to make sure this was happening but was too stunned to move a muscle for fear the dream would fade away. Minjun was entranced, he had never seen Junho so taken off-guard before, he was so used to the feisty brat that it almost felt unnatural to be seeing such a soft side to his friend yet it was a side he treasured to spectate. Junho's eyes looked at him helplessly, seeking an explanation to what his hyung's words really meant. Jun. K smiled a bit before murmuring to him gently, "Maybe this will make you believe me..." 

Junho barely had time to think about his hyung's words before he felt the sensation of Minjun's lips pressing hard against his. He blinked fast before melting against the warm feeling spreading through him, his eyelids falling softly shut as he eagerly pressed his lips back. Junho's hands reached instinctively, grabbing tightly onto the front of his hyung's top.

He had found where he belonged, where he always belonged, where he was always meant to be.

+++

"Juneo-yah, where are you?" 

Jun. K called from the bedroom, it was morning and the bright sunshine  soaked through the thin white curtains covering the wide window panes which separated them from the bustling cityscape. The soft padding of bare feet against the warm wooden floors and the gentle chaffing of white cotton sheets, a soft giggle as arms slipped around arms around bare waists before the sweet sound of a kiss on the cheek and the rare gentle whisper of a boy in love, "Beside you~"