Regret

Tough Competition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan arrived home after a long day of practicing with his group and placed his coat on the wall hanger near the door. He slipped of his shoes and tiredly called for his wife. “Ara!” He waited for a reply and then followed the direction of Ara's voice. Luhan made his way into their bedroom and saw his beautiful wife lying in bed with a laptop resting on her lap.

 

“What are you doing?” He asked his wife in wonder while slowly making his way over to her side. Luhan sat beside Ara and peeked over the laptop to see what she was doing. “Are you looking at cat videos again?” Ara hummed, not even tearing her gaze away for a second from the fluff ball jumping though the screen.

 

Luhan pouted at his wife's behavior and sighed. Finally home after a long day and not even a kiss. “Do you want a cat or something?” He asked Ara while slyly scooted a bit closer to her for cuddles. Ara gave a curt nod, “I do.”

“Why do you want a cat?” Luhan threw an arm around his wife's stomach and rested his cheek against the side of her head. She finally shut the laptop and pushed it off her, turning her head to face her husband and giving him the welcoming kiss that he had been waiting for. “I want someone to keep me company while you're gone on tour.” Ara told. “I want someone to cuddle with.”
Luhan playfully scoffed, “That's why I was saying we should have a baby.”


This baby talk had been constantly brought up between the married couple for a few days now; courtesy of Luhan. He really wanted to have a baby after seeing s becoming parents and was eager to voice his desire to wife but it seemed that she didn't feel the same way. No matter though, Luhan would convince her one way or another.


Ara rolled her eyes and nudged Luhan teasingly, “This is just your cheap way to want a child.”
“What's so bad about that?” Luhan asked with a chuckle. Yes, Luhan was cheap and slightly shameless. He really had no problem pushing his idea of a baby into every parts of conversation he had with Ara. Every talk they had, Luhan would include a small jab to babies, even mentioning small deals to try and make his wife agree to his idea. Luhan, the baby face man, wanted a baby and he wanted one now.
 

Ara shook her head, “I'm not ready to have a child.”
“But I bet a baby would give you twice as much company than a cat.” He reasoned.
“And twice the responsibility.” Ara shot back. “And triple the work and a baby will take longer to get here.”
Luhan pulled out the pitiful pout card. “You don't want my child.” He dejectedly muttered, eyes downcast. Ara scoffed. She wouldn't fall for this act of his. They've been married for three years and dated for six, this method would not work on her. “It's not that I don't want a child, Luhan.” She gently explained.
“Then why?! It's been three years now. It's about time.” Luhan was whining now. This was usually how all conversations ended being like these days between the two. “I'm not ready.” Ara repeated. “But I do want a cat.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter