01- Chapter 1

Shattering Hearts

Holidays were gone and lessons resumed as per normal. School is still a bore to me and it seemed like I am always the first one to understand my teachers' words. Don't get me wrong, I'm forced to have tuition out of school and that tells why I'm more of a slacker in class. "We will be having a transfer student to join our class from tomorrow onwards. If you guys want to see or know more about him, he's in the office right now. You can have a look but please do not scare him off, and be kind." Mrs. Jung, my favorite teacher, was being interrupted by the noise made by the other students who were dashing out of the class to see the transfer student. Not to mention, the stomping footsteps were loud enough to make me deaf. I stood right there silently, still in my seat when almost half of the class have rushed to the office. I guess she allowed that anyway, the lesson was about to end before she even announced the issue.

Mathematics has always been my favorite subject and I'd totally flare up if there were any jokers who interrupt the lesson without a formal and appropriate reason. Oh well, I didn't tell you I am the Chairperson of the class, did I? I was appointed to be one because of my academic results and manners, to be very honest, I don't think I'm up to it, but still. Obviously, my classmates who kept interrupting the lesson just for their toilet or water breaks pisses me off the most. Surprisingly, I would never get mad at Jongdae and my clique that consists of 7 other girls, because they are the ones who actually helped me when nobody was willing to. Maybe it's just me and my face, well then, I'm sorry for being born with a super unhappy and inapproachable face, looking really fierce or rather I should say, people would not want to talk to me because I always have the same facial expression.

Having Jongdae in my life is practically more like I am constantly surfing on a tsunami wave, it's full of ups and downs. Jongdae is the only guy in my school, at least for now, who made me felt all kinds of different emotions just because he had done lots of silly things to see my different reactions. I am of course close to him, he'd always be the very first person to know about my problems, be there for me and even promised to keep everything to himself. Where else can I find such a sweet guy? He's a nobleman who has a crush on me, yet I'm just being me, the silly and easygoing girl who only knows how to study, and didn't know about his intentions after all he'd done for me. How silly of him.

Thankfully, Mathematics lesson is the last lesson before the school day ends, and to be honest, I was silently hoping Jongdae would be free for the rest of the day. I actually made plans to hang out with him. "Jong, would you like to go to the same old place again? It's been a long time since we talked about everything." I was asking and packing my books at the same time. "Of course, anywhere you want to, you call the shots because you're the princess," he replied with a wink, I thought that he was disgusting and cheesy but he was obviously ecstatic. 

"Oh stop you little piece of sh*t, you're making me sick. Don't make me puke on you, ." I rolled my eyes and chuckled, walking down the stairs with him catching up from behind. We were walking very quickly because we had to get to the restaurant earlier, I didn't make reservations though. I planned to quickly return the classroom key but something caught up. I felt someone staring at me, very intently, I could feel and see it when I look at my right side without turning my head. Is that called side eyeing? Well, whatever, I have no time for vocabulary now. "What are you staring at?" That question came out stricter than ever, it wasn't really my style of talking. I would be polite at my first meeting with anyone but I definitely do not like it when people stare at me in silence.

"Ruyi, he's Kris. That transfer student who is joining us tomorrow onwards!" Jongdae definitely tried to lift up the atmosphere, but oh well, at least he tried. Things were getting awkward. I didn't look at him yet, but he was still staring. The tension in the atmosphere was really strong until I broke the silence. I turned my head as if I was filming a hair shampoo commercial and faced the guy who couldn't stop staring. He was confused with my attitude towards him, after all, it was our first meeting so he must be wondering why am I being like this. Nonetheless, I have to do it because I'm responsible to introduce him to the class tomorrow. So annoying.

"Hello. Nice to meet you, I'm Kris, and are you Ruyi? I heard that from..him just now." that tall boy was actually smiling and talking to me while pointing at Jongdae. How dare he smile like that after staring into my soul for 3 freaking minutes. I was irritated. I told myself that all the guys are the same, they tend to be friendly to you before "attacking" you. One of the bad points if you're good-looking, they go for your looks before your personality and if your personality is , you both can gladly say goodbye. I wasn't falling for that, because I don't think I'm pretty anyway, not even close.

I didn't reply to Kris. I left the office after giving him a final look that almost screams "I'm done here" and walked out of the school, half skipping, acting I'm all fine. Jongdae quickly caught up from behind and asked me questions as to why I ignored Kris when I am always so polite to the others, I glanced at him for a moment and gave him a weird look. I was hiding something and he knows, he can totally see through me, as in, my mind. Well well well, I was actually .. panicking.


 

A/N: 

Hello! This is my first fanfic so please excuse my bad writing! I promise I will improve! :-)  Comments make me want to update more, yeah? -winks-  Spam me as much as you want, I won't mind.  Do spread this fanfic if you think it's nice! It'll definitely help me a lot. 

love, 

taobokki.