1/1

crowning the princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CROWNING THE PRINCESS

“Sehun,” Jongin calls out softly, when she is done with her artwork. For the past half hour she has been working flowers into a crown, despite her friend snickering at her, telling her she was so old-fashioned, such a shigol girl. Jongin knows it’s not meant as an insult, rather it is Sehun’s way of telling her that Jongin is different to everyone else, to the people around Sehun. When it comes out of Sehun’s mouth, the word country bumpkin doesn’t sound so harsh

 

Sehun was born and grew up in Seoul, whereas Jongin only moved here, to Seodaemun-gu, not even a year ago. And while other girls don’t like to associate with the new countryside girl much, Sehun doesn’t seem to care. In fact, she has been quite clingy, claiming you’re mine when they bumped into each other two weeks into the school year. Jongin with her sociable nature couldn’t have been happier to finally find a friend among these stuck up city girls who made fun of her dialect and didn’t bother to get to know her (Jongin thinks her personality is quite okay and that it’s her strongest quality). No, those girls are too busy dollying themselves up and showcasing the newest watches, handbags, high heels and fashion to even glance sideways to a waving Jongin.

 

Sehun has fallen asleep, head pillowed on Jongin’s legs, the tanned girl realizes and she smiles, mimicking the soft expression on the other’s face. Jongin leans back against a tree, taking in breaths of fresh air. She enjoys the green space that paints the city in more natural colors far better than the signs and billboards of a huge metropolis do. What she has been missing the most is a place to breathe more freely and the feeling of grass tickling her bare legs, there, where it’s not covered by shorts and her dress. “Cute,” Sehun has said when they met up and smiled at the pink flowery patterns on the cream white chiffon, staring a little too long for Jongin’s taste. Jongin didn’t say anything in reply; just tucked a strand of long, black hair behind her ear, hoping the other girl didn’t catch her light blush.

 

Sehun in her washed out denims and black tank top, the acronym ‘gtfo’ running in a neon green across her chest, blond dyed hair cut boyishly short and piercings is quite the opposite of Jongin. She is the opposite of all their classmates, too. Sehun is what Jongin has always imagined a rebel to look like. Her personality is nothing like that though. Her appearance might not be the norm, breaking all of the school’s dress code, but inside, Sehun is just as soft spoken, gentle, and obedient like any other good daughter. If she wants to. And by now Jongin’s mother is convinced Sehun is not a trouble maker and bad influence to her own daughter. In fact, it is the opposite, because it’s Sehun who helps with Maths and Chemistry homework and greets Mrs. Kim with a winning smile, always bringing small presents when she comes over to Jongin’s house.

 

Sehun is quite an interesting person and Jongin admits she is more than glad to have found a friend like her. Befriending people in a city like Seoul has been much harder than she has thought, when everyone is so similar to each other, in style and behavior. It is difficult to run into someone as special as Sehun, but Jongin would never admit it openly. While Sehun is friendly, really, she can close herself off, too, when one directs words to her she doesn’t want to hear. And Jongin soon learns that it is words of affection that Sehun doesn’t like. It’s really a pity, because Sehun deserves a lot of adoration, as well as love, just as what every princess should be met with. And despite Sehun hating the label princess, Jongin can’t imagine any better title to match her friend.

 

Sehun, even with this haircut, still looks like a princess. Especially when she is sleeping, when her frown eases into a peaceful expression, a light smile even, she looks like the lovely girl she tries to hide inside of her. Sehun’s skin is white and smooth, nearly flawless with only a light scar on her cheek. It’s supposed to be a flaw, but all Jongin can think is how this imperfection makes Sehun even more perfect. It’s just human. There are a few light freckles, too, and they are cute, Jongin has always thought, but Sehun just shrugs when someone mentions them.

 

Sehun’s eyes are of a deep brown, calm and mysterious like the ocean. They give her a more mature look, fitting a queen more than a princess, but when Sehun smiles, they twinkle with happiness, so bright and lively with the mirth only a young girl, a princess can possess. And then there are those l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter