Focus

Asymptotic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

"What period is math?"
  "First."
  "." Junghee drawls, slouching more into her plastic arm chair. Her uniform blouse rides up her back but her sweater masked the bare skin that peeked beneath it. "Did you do the homework?"
  "Of course," Gwiboon states matter-of-fact-ly as she ruffled around her bag for her math notebook before giving it graciously to Junghee. "You're such a nerd." the elder states while grabbing the given notebook.
  "Well, this nerd saved your from getting kicked by Mrs. Kwon." Junghee scoffs.
  "Yeah, anyway- what the hell happened in number two?" it was now Gwiboon's turn to scoff. "Firstly, you plot X before Y. Seriously, how did you pass first year?"
  Junghee and Gwiboon were best friends. It was pretty obvious. From the way they walk to and from school nearly everyday, - except Mondays and Wednesdays (club days)- the fact that they have the same hobby of shopping, or the fact that they've broke the world record of sleeping over at each other's house for more than necessary. They were definitely platonic, never once thinking of the possibility that one of them with fall for the other. Once, they've dated guys, Junghee with Jinki and Gwiboon with Minho. They broke up with them at the same time - afternoon of a windy June day.
  Their parents explained that they met each other during their first day of Elementary. Their sir names were the same so they sat adjacent to each other in their classrooms. When Junghee's crayon broke the first day, Gwiboon was the only one to give her one from her own box - though she gave her a different shade of green, it was still green right?
  "Junghee, would you like to explain why X, in number three, is negative?" Mrs. Kwon asked, her snooty facial expression making the girl in question cringe.
  "Uh, because it's not positive?" Gwiboon nudged her waist painfully, "I-I mean because..." Gwiboon silently mouths the answer, "the... There was a Negative... Sign... outside... The parenthesis?"
  "Good answer, Ms. Kim." she praised, Junghee shyly smiling. "Now if only you, Junghee, knew the real reason, then Gwiboon would not have helped you again. Please be seated."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter