The Gift

The Unexpected Gift

ever-so-lovely-design-blog-sketch-ferris

 

 

 

I love you.

Himchan sighed. It had been roughly 20 minutes of him walking with Yongguk. He had no idea of where they were heading to, and Yongguk wasn't any help either.

"Bbang, where are we going? I'm getting tired of this already..", Himchan said in a whining tone. But it was true, he was pretty exhausted.

"Just wait and see..", the slightly older said with a small smile forming on his lips.

Himchan didn't voluntarily agree to do this, it was Yongguk who basically dragged him into this situation. He just suddenly took hold of Himchan's hand as he was just reaching for the TV remote on the coffee table in front of the couch.

He was expecting a relaxing and calming day off but no, Yongguk just had to take him somewhere. By foot.

After a few more minutes, Yongguk saw a glimpse of their headed destination and a gummy smile formed on his lips.

"We're almost there. Now, I want you to close your eyes"

"What? You didn't even tell me where is the place we're walking to an-"

"Just follow what I say and you'll know soon enough. Here, take my hand"

The leader extended his left hand and waited for Himchan to grab it. Himchan didn't know whether to trust him or not, but something kept telling him that he should. With an exhale,  he reached out to hold Yongguk's hand and closed his eyes. He also blushed slightly when Yongguk tightened his grip on his hand.

Yongguk's heart practically fluttered and the feeling made him feel imaginary butterflies in his stomach. He was just so happy at the fact that Himchan trusted him on this, even when he just dragged him out without any explanations.

Yongguk began walking slowly with Himchan's right hand in his left. He would ocasionally take quick glances at the slightly younger boy who had both of his eyes closed. Himchan would soon know Yongguk's intention of bringing him here.

"Are we there yet?", Himchan asked Yongguk while still holding onto his hand.

"Just a few steps more and.. we're here", Yongguk stopped in his tracks which made Himchan stop too.

"You can open your eyes now, Chan"

As he finally opened his eyes again,  he was suprised to see where they were right now. Colourful lights flickering basically everywhere, people having lots of fun with bright smiles on their faces, topped with the loud sounds from all the rides and the people there. They were at an amusemenT park. Himchan then wondered why he didn't hear the loud sounds earlier.

"Why are we here, Yongguk?"

The exciting place didn't made Himchan forget about the thing that he's confused from the beginning until now. The reason why Yongguk brought him here.

"I want you to go somewhere with me"

After saying that one sentence, Yongguk took Himchan's hand walked towards a building not far away from the place they were standing a few moments ago.

"Here."

"What?! Here? Oh there's no way I'm going in there!"

Himchan tried to run but Yongguk was pulling him too strongly and it was really impossible for him to get away.

"Oh, come on Himchan~ You gotta go in with me"

Giving up on trying to run away, he turned around to face the bulding. Knowing Himchan is a wimp when it comes to haunted houses, he thought it would be the perfect way to get close to him.

"So, joining me?"

"I don't want to."

"Aww, Channie please?"

"Why do you want me to go with you?"

"Because I want to. Please Himchan?"

"I don't like haunted houses."

"Don't worry, I'll be at your side all the time"

Saying those words made Yongguk heart flutter again.

"Uhh.."

"Come on, please?"

"F-fine. But promise me you won't leave me?"

"Promise"

He finally convinced Himchan to go into the haunted house with him, great. Right before they went into the house, Himchan hugged Yongguk's arm like he was clinging onto for dear life. Well, that' probably what he's really doing.

"Oh why did I even agreed to do this.."

Being frightened more than ever, he buried his face into Yongguk's arm and just followed where Yongguk was walking.

"Is it over yet?"

"Yah, we just got in.."

They, or Yongguk to be more correct, walked through several rooms, filled with mannequins and other things you would usually find in a haunted house. He wasn't scared, instead, he actually felt really happy. Having Himchan hugging his arm and even snuggling his head to it made Yongguk more than happy.

Ghostly shrieks would constantly be heard in there and Himchan screamed every single time he heard one. He really didn't like this.

"Yongguk, when is it going to end?"

Himchan's voice sounded like he was going to cry anytime soon. Never thought he would be that scared.

"Don't worry, we're almost there"

Finally, they reached the last part of the haunted house before it was over. There was a corridor they had to walk past. Just when they were walking past it, one of the 'ghosts' came out from whoever knows where and started running towards them, startling Yongguk.

He ran, but because Himchan wasn't aware of this, he couldn't keep up with Yongguk and started screaming and tears were actually flowing down his cheeks when he did that. The 'ghost' the walked back to whatever the place was, leaving Himchan sitting the on the floor, sobbing alone.

Yongguk then quickly ran back to him and hugged the poor boy, gently patting his back. He then brought Himchan out and made him look into his eyes.

"Yah, why did you leave me?! You said you wouldn't!"

Himchan now felt a mix of the after effects from the haunted house and anger.

"Himchan, look at me"

He didn't listen and continued looking down. After a few more times he called his name, Yongguk lifted up his face himself by the chin. Then, he didn't something unexpected.

He leaned towards Himchan's lips and placed theirs together. Himchan widened his eyes in suprise of Yongguk's action.

He then pulled back and looked into his eyes.

"Saranghae."

That one word was enough to make Himchan widen his eyes more, if that was even possible.

"Are you joking?"

"If I was, would I do this?"

He then gave Himchan one more peck and faced him once again.

"B-but, how about the m-members?"

Himchan couldn't speak properly because of the slight sobs he made.

"We'll keep this just between us, how about that?"

"I-I'm not sure, b-but to be honest, I l-like you too.."

He said it and said the last four words silently, but Yongguk still managed to hear it.

"Wah, jinjja? You really do?"

"Y-yea.. I've been keeping it a secret fearing that you might've not feel the same towards me.."

"Well, now that that's not true, how about I make an apology for making you cry with some cotton candy?"

Yongguk pointed to a man selling cotton candy just a couple of metres from  them. Himchan gave a wide smile looking at all those precious cones of spun sugar. He loved those. Yongguk really knows Himchan at the back of his head, alright.

"Alright, I forgive you, Gukkie"

"Ehehe, thanks~"

"Oh, and one question. Why did you bring me here today? Yesterday was a day off too but you didn't go anywhere.."

"Oh, it's to celebrate your birthday, of course"

"What, my birthday?! Wait, that's tomorrow, Yongguk-ah"

"Silly, I know that. I just wanted to give you your gift in advance so that no one else could have you before me. You're mine and mine only, Kim Himchan."


Finally I'm done with this one heck of a failed oneshot. Tell me how you think of it, maybe? ;u;