Chapter Seven (edited)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Seven

Trying to Make Friends

 

Daniella sat on her bed and look at her phone. It was already the afternoon and she already missed Lunch. Daniella takes the school map and notices the Sport department is close to the cafeteria. She grabs her wallet and papers and headed out the dorm. She quicken her pace not wanting to bump into anyone else and embarrass herself even more.

At the sport building Daniella found herself talking to the coach of the soccer team “You are very bright and young” The coach said making her blush. Daniella bows and thanks him “Are you sure you want to try out for the soccer team? the other males have more muscle” The coach said as he eyed Daniella making her felling a little awkward.

As the coach was eyeing Daniella all she thought ‘Please don’t look at me and find out I am a girl’ Daniella cleared and showed the coach the places she had played in the USA. The coach gave paper for Daniella to fill out.

After reading and signing the coach showed Daniella a duffle bag “Here you have a pair of sweats pants, T-shirts, your temporary uniform and a water bottle” The coach said as he open the bag and show Daniella everything inside. The coach threw the bag at her which she caught. "You need to go to the school main gym and get these filled out, you will have full access to the weights, swim pool and tracks to keep up in shape. Can I say you may need to start right away” The coach said, he then grab his clip board. “There will be a brief meeting in Tuesday morning, where me and my assistant coach and captain will give you locker and have a trial game were we would place on 1st  string or 2nd string. Alright that will be, I will enjoy to see you on the field” The coach said and Daniella nodded.

“Thank you so much, you won’t regret this” Daniella said and bowed. She headed out of the building and took out her phone, it is 6:23 pm. Her stomach grumble as she headed to the cafeteria. Daniella was amazed how large the cafeteria is but must of all it was buffet style. She grab a tray and place a bowl of soup on the tray. She then added a bowl of rice and Kimchi Buchimgae, Pink radish pickle, Spinach salad, Spicy dried squid strips and green bean sprouts.

Daniella took her full try and walk down the cafeteria trying to find a seat. She notice Luhan eating with his friends, it was a great opportunity for Daniella to get know a little better. Daniella takes her tray and sits next to Luhan, he  glared at her and harshly said “What are you doing here”

Luhan gets kick in the shin by Kris making Luhan wince in main.  “Well the café is full and I thought this will be a great time to get to know one another” Daniella said and smiled. She shoved a spoon full of rice and as much side dishes.

 Xiumin and Chen laughed “You sure do have a great appetite” Kris said.

Tao moves closer to Daniella and starts to pick at her food and eats it. Daniella slaps his hand making him give his puppy face “Yah! you have your own food” Daniella said as she hold her tray closer to herself.

“Kris ge~” Tao whined. Kris smiled and shook his head as he moved his tray to Tao.

Everyone kept eating but no one said a word. As it couldn’t get any worse Daniella phone went off. The boys all look at Daniella as her phone as it kept ringing to Toni Basil ‘Hey Mickey’ “Is that your ring tone seriously” Lay said as he choke laughing.

Daniella quickly answers her phone “Hey- No I don’t want to go shopping for bathing suites. Look right now isn’t a good time” When Daniella hang up her phone the guys left her at the table alone. She looks around and sees them walking outside “It was nice talking to you all” Daniella said and waved. Daniella continue to finish eating her dinner alone, but someone sat next to making Daniella a little surprise.

“You don’t mind do you? All the other tables are taken” The boy said and Daniella just nodded with her chop sticks in head. “The name is Taemin” Taemin said and stick out his hand. Daniella smiled and shook it “You know you have very nice smile” Taemin said. The table was silent again as both continue to eat their dinner. “So you too are trying out for the soccer team” Taemin asked.

“Yeah, are you?” Daniella asked

“Yeah, so I guess I will see you Tuesday morning right” Taemin asked and Daniella nodded. “Do you want to meet up tomorrow morning and practice” Taemin said with a smile.

Daniella bit her lip “Hey that would be great!” Daniella said. ‘This was the perfect time to practice soccer while trying out the outfit’ Daniella thought. “What dorm do you belong too?” Daniella ask

“Yeah it’s on the far end of the campus it’s a really old building” Taemin said with a small voice. He look down at his plate like as if he was ashamed.

“You’re here on a scholarship right?” Daniella lower her voice so no one can hear. Taemin nodded “Don’t worry it will be are secret” Daniella then stick out her pinky finger as the made a promise with each other.

“It was nice talking to you, I will see you in the morning on the field” Taemin said. Daniella took her tray and gave it to the cafeteria lady and then headed back to her dorm room. She walks in and finds a girl on top of Luhan his whole face “ah!” Daniella shouts as she then closes her “Yah- who do think you are bringing girls here. It’s against the rules!” Daniella shouted at Luhan.

“Who is this party crasher” The girl said

“My new roommate” Luhan said and then groan

“Out out out!” Daniella shouted with her eyes still close.

“Relax dude, maybe you need some y time” The girl said and trace her finger down Daniella chest.

“Don’t you dare touch me” Daniella snapped at the girl.

“What are gay” The girl said as she flicks her hair.

“Yah- you little ” Daniella shouted and was about to slap the girl but Luhan held her wrist back.

“Enough Sunny please leave” Luhan said. Sunny gave a peck on Luhan cheek and then left the dorm “where you seriously going to hit a girl” Luhan shouted Daniella making jump a little. Daniella just look away, usually guys don’t hit girls. But girls will hit another girl especially if they are out of line.  “Better not get comfortable, you will be gone tomorrow” Luhan said.

Daniella went up the stairs to her bed to rest while Luhan went to go take a shower. The door was unlock making the door wide open. When Daniella went her drawer to grab her pj’s but when she look to the side she could see Luhan in the shower. Daniella instantly turns away and blushes really hard. She run back to her bed and changes quickly before Luhan comes back.

The lights were dim as only the night light was on. Daniella texted her brother once again hoping he would reply back, but it seem he was still to busy to text back. Daniella hope that the next day will get better, she thinks back of Taemin and blushes. Little to say Daniella was excited to train with Taemin.