Chapter Twenty-Four(E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Twenty-Four

England Trip Part One

 

By winning the game against North University, the team was given a chance to go on an amazing field trip. Mrs. Oh, with the help of her club fundraised enough money for the whole team to go to England. The team would be able to learn about the great history of soccer and get to practice with professionals on a professional field.

The boys were all waiting at the gate for one of their team member “Honestly what is taking him so long” Tao was tired of waiting. He crossed his arms and huffed impatiently. The one who they were waiting for was Daniel; the team didn't want to wait any longer since the plane was ready for them to board.

Daniella had to go home and get some clothes for the England trip. She also had to make up a plan that would allow Daniella to be in England without her mom worrying. Daniella had told her mother that she was going to England to see one of her childhood friends. Of course, when meeting her mother she had to dress as Daniella but then had to change back to Daniel. Which is why it took her such a long time to get to the airport.

Daniella was surprised at what her mother gave to her when she visited her office. Mrs. Oh handed her a letter which said 'To my lovely girl' Mrs. Oh thought it was an appropriate time to give the letter to Daniella. Daniella had a good picture what the letter was about and stuffed it right into her purse.

Daniella didn't have enough time to read the contents as she was in a rush to dress up as a guy and needed to get to the airport. Daniella got out of the taxi quickly handing the driver her money. Daniella ran with her suitcase to the front gates. Everyone saw 'Daniel' running towards them, they cheered with relief “Finally lets go!” The Coach said. Everyone showed their passports, then boarded the plane.

“Yo dude, I though you weren’t going to make it on time” Luhan was happy to see his friend. Daniella showed the passport to the worker and walked away from Luhan, leaving him confused. Luhan showed his passport and followed right behind her. Luhan saw 'Daniel' putting her suitcase above the seats in the compartment “Hey dude” Luhan called. Luhan put his suit case with Daniella's and sat next to her.

Daniella still didn’t know how to act around Luhan. Luhan had told Daniella to stay away from him, but he didn't think that also meant 'Daniel' as well. I should be mad at Luhan. Daniella remembered the argument they had in the morning. One part felt like her heart was ripped out of her chest. However Daniella knew Luhan did nothing to 'Daniel', although, he had crushed Daniella. I’m so confused, I should just ignore Luhan and focus on something else. Daniella thought.

“Hey” Daniella looked up and saw Taemin sitting next to her. “So are you excited to speak English again?” Taemin excitedly asked. Daniella turned her head to face Taemin, she gave a big smile and nodded. “Do you know what we have to see? the London eye!” Taemin stated.

“Oh yeah, the view is supposed to be spectacular” Daniella clasped her hands and giggled. Daniella's mood started to brighten up when she wasn't thinking about Luhan. Both Daniella and Taemin continued to talk about the things they were going to do in England. Luhan tried getting into the conversation, however Daniella kept her back to Luhan, ignoring him.

When the flight attendant passed by with food for their lunch, Luhan asked Daniella to pass him some salt. Daniella just carelessly flicked it onto Luhan’s lap. “Thanks” Luhan said sarcastically. Daniella rolled her eyes and ate her meal in silence.

Afterwards, Daniella tried to watch a movie to ignore Luhan. But then she felt something heavy on her shoulder; when Daniella turned her head, she saw Luhan's head on her shoulder. Why me? Daniella sighed heavily, she looked back at Luhan. Little did Daniella know she was smiling. Why can’t I just stop these feelings I have for you? Daniella thought. She bit her lip as her hand reached for Luhan's head, she started parting Luhan's hair. Daniel;a started to get drowsy as her eye lids closed. She slowly fell asleep, her head rested on top of Luhan’s.

When the plane finally landed, Taemin saw Daniel;a and Luhan sleeping on one another. Taemin  laughed out loud, he took out his phone and snapped a couple of photos before he tried to wake the two up. “Daniel” Taemin lightly shook her shoulders “wake up~” he cooed. Daniella started to move her head, when she opened her eyes she immediately shoved Luhan's body.

Luhan hit his head on the side of the plane “Ow” Luhan woke up unwillingly, he then rubbed his sore head. Luhan's eyes finally adjusted to the view. Luhan saw 'Daniel' getting up and grabbing his bag from above. Taemin chuckled at the two and followed Daniella out of the plane What was that all about? Luhan frowned.

The team traveled to the hotel and waited for the coach to give them their designated rooms. Some of the guys sat on the coach while some had small talks in a circle. When the coach came back, he partnered everyone up and gave them a certain room number.

Daniella and Luhan were called together to be partners “” Daniella whispered and looked away. I can’t do this now, I can't be close to Luhan. I need time, I need to stay away from Luhan. Daniella thought “Hey Lay” Daniella called.

Lay turned and smiled “Hey Daniel what's up?” Lay said as they both walked down the hallway together.

“You're Taemin’s roommate right?” Daniella asked and Lay nodded “Me and Luhan aren't really getting along at the moment. Do you mind switching with me?” Daniella asked.

Lay laughed “Yeah not a problem but you should seriously fix your relationship with Luhan. You're roommates with Luhan back at the dorm, you shouldn't be mad at him.” Lay pointed out and switched room keys with Daniella.

“I know but for now, I need my space from him” Daniella headed to her room. She saw Taemin unpacking already. “Seriously that’s what you brought?” Daniella pointed to Taemin's suitcase which was filled with his PlayStation and games.

“I brought an extra controller, want to play?” Taemin held up the controller, waving it around. Daniella smiled and hopped onto the bed. Taemin set up the PlayStation while Daniella went through the different games. “So, tell me why you're here with your suitcase. Did you kill Lay, just to be with me?” Taemin gasped jokingly. 

Daniella threw the pillow right at Taemin's face. “I asked to switch with him” Daniella looked down and continued to go through the games.

“What did Luhan do?, I know that he acts like everything is fine with you Daniel” Taemin said hinting. Taemin bit his lip nervously. “I also know that you are Daniella” Taemin watched for Daniella's reaction, he saw Daniella bite her lip and clench her hands. “I've known for a while, one of your friends told me when she was drunk. I didn’t tell anyone, and I won’t” Taemin watched as Daniella relaxed a bit.

“And why did you decide to bring this up now?” Daniella questioned, afraid to make eye contact with Taemin.

“Because nothing happened to 'Daniel', however I’m willing to bet something happened to Daniella” Taemin smirked, Daniella looked back at Taemin. Daniella's cheeks burned and she started to turn red, hee heart started to race “You can tell me, aren’t we friends?” Taemin held Daniella's cheeks.

“Luhan led me on and broke my heart. He wants to be with me but he wants to be with Suzy more” Daniella started to get teary. Taemin hugged Daniella tight and rubbed her back, trying to sooth her. After a couple minutes Daniella started to laugh it off. “So do you promise not to say anything?” Daniella asked as Taemin nodded “Okay enough about this love fest, let’s play some games” Daniella took one of the controllers.

Taemin laughed “You sure act more like a guy than a girl” Taemin said earning an elbow to the side from her. “But you know, Luhan is your roommate what are you going to do about it?” Taemin asked.

“I have to figure something out” Daniella waved it off as she concentrated on playing the game. Both started to get into their gaming mood.

Xiumin and Chen came over to play video games. “I’m going to order some pizza” Daniella said as she called a takeaway to deliver pizza to the hotel. When the pizza came, Daniella went down stairs. She paid the pizza delivery guy. On the way up Luhan came into the elevator.

“Hey” Luhan said. Daniella didn't even glance at Luhan. “Why did you ask Lay to switch rooms?” Luhan asked but Daniella didn't answer back. “Hey Daniel look at me, answer me!” Luhan's voice started to rise. The elevator door opened, Daniella took her chance and quickly walked out. Why is Daniel mad at me? Luhan thought Is this about Daniella? I haven’t heard from Daniella since that morning. Maybe I should have replied to her calls and messages. Luhan pondered and then punched the elevator wall with anger.

Luhan went back downstairs to the patio, he took out his phone. Luhan went through his contacts and decided to give Daniella a call, however it went straight to voice mail. Luhan text Daniella ‘We have to talk’ Consequently Suzy called right after he text Daniella. “Hey babe” Suzy said sweetly over the phone.

“Hey isn’t it like two in the afternoon there?” Luhan asked and Suzy replied back with a yes “Have you spoke to Daniella?” Luhan asked wondering if Suzy forgave Daniella about the whole Halloween situation.

“No its as if she disappeared” Suzy said and Luhan hummed Is that why she never answered my call? Luhan asked himself “I think it's better if we both stay away from Daniella, I really don’t want her to ruin our relationship” Suzy spat.

“Y-yeah” Luhan stuttered “But I can’t stay away from Daniel, he's my roommate” Luhan stated hoping that maybe Daniella would visit Daniel. Technically he would still keep his word about not seeing Daniella. Luhan hung up on Suzy and walked back to his room, he looked at his phone one more time Daniella please call me back, don’t be mad at me. We made a stupid mistake, even though you regret it, I don't. I shouldn't have told Daniella to stay away from me. I can’t have Daniel mad at me as well. Luhan looked at his phone.

“Come on, go to bed already. We have to wake up early for the tour around London.” Daniella complained to the boys. When they  didn’t listen Daniella started to hit them with pillows.

“Okay, Okay, got it. Stop being a mom” Chen whined. Chen and Xiumin left the hotel room,and Taemin got ready for bed. It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

Daniella looked at the time and sighed. She closed her, eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Daniella couldn't stop thinking about Luhan as she replayed the moments she had with Luhan over and over again in her head.