Chapter Twenty-One (E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Twenty-One

Winning

 

Daniel for the past week has been close to Luhan. It was the only way Daniel could be close to Luhan without the drama of being Daniella. They would have three meals, work out and study together. However it was hard for Daniel to be happy when Suzy will come late at night to visit. Luhan  asked Daniel to leave for a bit.

Daniel didn’t know exactly what they were doing, and it didn’t help that Daniel thought about the worst scenario. When Daniel came back Suzy was gone and Luhan would be in the shower. Daniel quickly change his clothes and head to bed.

Daniella notice how much Luhan will be cheerful in the morning; but once they make eye contact it was like Luhan went back to his normal behaviour “So what happen when Suzy was here” Daniel asked.

“Don’t worry nothing scandalous, we just kissed” Luhan said with no emotion.

“You don’t seem happy, aren’t you glad that Suzy is your girlfriend?” Daniel ask.

“Yeah the best” Luhan got up and left. Luhan walked away, he needed time to think. Luhan looked at his friends playing soccer, he remember the day when Daniella played against him. Luhan takes out his wallet and looks at the picture of Daniella “It’s too late, I probably ruined my chances with her” Luhan then puts the picture back into his wallet.

It was finally the day of the game; everyone was in the change room, waiting to go out and start the game against Northern University. The guys were excited to finally to have a match. The coach came in with his clip board and Kris next to him “Alright guys this is it, I will be making changes after this game. So this is your finale and only chance to impress me” The coach hollered.  

Daniel stood up straight, he started to get a knot in his stomach. This was his only chance to get onto to first string and then go up against Eastern University. Luhan nudges Daniel making him jump in surprise, Daniel notice everyone was already out on the field “Come one lets go” Luhan called for Daniel.

Both jog their way to the middle of the field, Luhan looked into the crowd. Luhan waved to Suzy who on the bleachers cheering for Luhan “Your girlfriend came to cheer you on?” Daniel ask as he too wave to Suzy.

“Yeah” Luhan said and smiled, when Daniel looks at him he couldn’t feel a bit hurt “Is Daniella going to be here to cheer you?” Luhan asked. Daniel lips went into a thin line ‘He thinks about me’ Daniel said to himself, but then Daniel remember who he was at the moment.

“No” Daniel said, he then ran to the bleachers and waited for his coach instructions. The team thought it was going to be an easy win, however Northern University got some really good new players. Since Daniel was second string, she couldn’t play right away. Daniel had to wait until one of her team members were either hurt or exhausted to play on the field.

It was already half time and the guys were losing four to two. The guy waited in the change room, ready for the coach to start yelling. That was exactly what the coach did when he slammed the change room door and threw his clipboard to the wall “Last year we dominated that team out there Six to Zero and now we are LOSING!” The coach yelled.

“DANIEL!” The coach yelled making Daniel stand up “You are switching with Tao” The coach then left the change room.

Tao look at Daniel with such hate “Ge- He can’t do that” Tao whined to Kris.

“Sorry Tao but you kept falling behind literally” Kris shrug his shoulder and left the change room. This was the time Daniel has been waiting for, all the time spend improving his strength. Yes Daniel was fast and had amazing skills with the ball. However Daniel did lack the strength of a guy, but over the past month Daniel had improve a lot.

The referee blew the whistle making both teams go at the ball. Kris instantly takes the ball and ahead towards the opposing team net. Kris passes the ball to Luhan who was wide open, but once Luhan got the ball someone kicked the ball right under him.

The guy heads towards the net where Lay stood there as goalie.  Daniel runs straight to the guy and use his quick skills to switch the ball to him. Then Daniel power runs to the goals net, there are two guys charging at him. Daniel could have kicked the ball to Taemin but he decided to go through. Daniel jumps when the two guys try to get the ball, Daniel is free and kicks the ball making it go right into the goal net.

The crowd cheers loudly as Daniel raises his arms. Luhan hugs Daniel cheering with the team around him. ‘Daniella’ Luhan thought as he smells the familiar scent. Luhan looks at the crowd hoping he sees the girl, but he could only see Suzy cheering.

The game starts back up again, with the help of team work Daniel was able to score another goal, as well as Taemin and Luhan making them win the game six to four. Everyone headed to the change room cheering and fist pumping one another.

The coach comes in with a big smile “Great job everybody, I will like to have a celebration tonight. Everyone meet at the front gates at six pm” The coach said leaving the team confuse and excited.  

The guys started to strip and change, Daniel stood there. He saw Luhan pull down his pants, he couldn’t but look. Daniel quickly turns around and grabs his bag, he then runs outside the change room where he saw Suzy waiting “Daniel what wrong? Your face is all red!” Suzy pointed out.

Daniel turns his head to the side and curse “I-I got to go” Daniel quickly leaves the scene and heads to the dorm to change and take a shower. In the shower Daniel could not get the picture of Luhan package out of his mind. “Ahh, stop thinking about it!” Daniel shouts at himself. Daniel finishes his shower and changes into simple jeans and sweater.

When Daniel goes out the washroom he sees Luhan grabbing his wallet and keys “Hey ready to go out?” Luhan ask and Daniel nodded, he kept silent as he too grabbed his wallet and keys. “So Suzy said she has a surprise for me tonight” Luhan nudge Daniel but he was only silent “Have you know ever. . . “Luhan and Daniel walk out of the school building.

Daniel looks at Luhan and smirks “Yeah I have” Daniel said. However Luhan is silent making Daniel question if he ever slept with a girl “Have you?” Daniel ask’s.

Luhan swallows hard “No I haven’t, I want to do it with the one I love” Luhan said making Daniel heart melt.

“That is very sweet Luhan, whoever the girl is she is lucky” Daniel said and pats Luhan’s shoulder.

“You don’t think it is Suzy” Luhan said making Daniel but his lip. Of course Daniel did not think Suzy was right for Luhan. Suzy once confess that she fell in love with Sehun when the first meet. Daniel did not believe that Suzy would just sleep with Luhan. Daniel could tell at class Suzy will sometimes whisper her brother name, also that she would always get more excited or happier when his name was brought up in the conversation.

“Look Luhan, just don’t give up on finding the perfect girl. I know you like Suzy but do you love her?” Daniel said making Luhan question himself. ‘Do I love Suzy? What is Love?’ Luhan ask himself.

Both Daniel and Luhan were at the front gates waiting for the teacher. The guys see a school bus pulling over to the side, the driver honks a couple times. The guys all head over to the bus, there coach opens the door surprising them all “Hungry guys” The coach questions.

The team hops onto the bus, Daniel sits next to Luhan. The two don’t say a word to one another, Luhan looks out the window while Daniel talk to Taemin. Luhan takes out his phone, he looks through the picture on his phone he notice he has none of Suzy but all of Daniella.

‘Suzy is my girlfriend’ Luhan said to himself, Luhan clicks the option to delete the photo. Luhan sighs heavily, but for some reason he just couldn’t do it.