Chapter Twenty (E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Twenty

The Perfect Dress

 

Taemin taps Luhan's shoulder making him turn to him “Hey, I overheard you said that you will going to the mall. Do you mind if you can drop me off?” Taemin ask and smile.

Luhan lips went to a thin line, he wanted to say no however he didn’t want to cause more drama “Yeah sure meet me at the parking lot in 20 minutes. I have to change, since I will be seeing my girlfriend” Luhan smiled at the world girlfriend. He couldn’t believe that Suzy was finally his, this was something Luhan dreamed of.

Daniella goes home changes into a pair of skinny jean and puts on one of Sehun shirts. Daniella took the keys to her Volkswagen beetle and drove to Cloverdale mall. Daniella tripped a couple of time s as she got out the car and went into the mall. Daniella called her mom wanting to know where she should meet up “Hey where are you?” Daniella ask her mom.

“We are at Forever 21 dear, and I have a surprise for you” Mrs. Oh said and hung up. Daniella was annoyed that her mom had a surprise for ‘I hope she didn’t pick out my dress’ Daniella thought in her head. Daniella went through the mall until she hit Forever 21 shop where she saw her mom.

Daniella walks into the store only to be shock to see Taemin and Luhan helping Suzy shop for a dress “What are two doing here?” Daniella had her arms cross as she judge the two holding out dresses.

“Well you brother wouldn’t give me a ride, but I am here to help my girlfriend choose a dress” Luhan said which made Daniella cringe at the ‘Girlfriend’.

“You?” Daniella turns to Taemin and raise an eyebrow.

“I thought you may need help since Luhan will be helping his girl” Taemin said making Daniella a little flush.

“Ohhh. . . is this a confession? do you want Daniella to be your girl” Mrs. Oh squealed.

“NO!” Both Taemin and Daniella shouted. They looked at each other making them blush and turn away.

“Let’s just get this shopping trip over” Daniella said, she then turn the rack and started to go through the different dresses.

Suzy and Luhan where together going through different style of dresses. Luhan would shake his head when he didn’t approve of the dress and then carry everything for Suzy. At times he look back at Daniella and see her smiling happily, it would make Luhan breath heavily. Luhan turn away close his eyes for a few moments, when he open them he say Suzy smiling talking about the gossip at school ‘I Love Suzy’ Luhan had to keep repeating to himself.

“Okay why don’t you both go into the changes room and try on those dress” Mrs. Oh cheered. Taemin handed Daniella the dress and waited for Daniella outside the changing room. Taemin and Luhan sat on the sofa waiting patiently for the girls.

First Suzy came out with a blue sweet heart neckline dress, emphasizing Suzy . Luhan become speechless as he checks out Suzy long legs and her cleavage. Luhan eyes slowly avert to Daniella who walks out in tube gold dress “Wow,you look hot!” Taemin said making Daniella smile.

“Ladies these dress are just to revealing” Mrs. Oh then pushed Suzy and Daniella back into the change room. Suzy and Daniella kept changing there was always someone who didn’t like one of dresses. Everyone agreed that Suzy should were a white long dress it was perfect for her innocent image.

Daniella was left for no dresses to try on, Mrs. Oh suggested for the boys to pick out more. Both Luhan and Taemin came back with one single dress. Mrs. Oh took the dresses and headed back to the change room “Mom is that  you?” Daniella called.

Mrs. Oh knocked on Daniella change room door “The boys picked out these for you” Mrs. Oh said and swung the dress over the door. Daniella took a hold of them and viewed them ‘One of them Luhan picked’ Daniella thought, little did she knew that she was smiling.

Daniella quickly changes into long lace peach dress with an open back.(dress) Daniella smiles big and twirls round “I think this is it” Daniella nods, she then opens the door and her mother sees her.

Mrs. Oh gasp and smiles “Honey you look absolutely beautiful” Mrs. Oh said. She then dragged Daniella outside the change room making all heads look at her. Daniella saw how big Taemin was smiling making her smile too. However when she look at Suzy she notice her siting on Luhan lap, Daniella quickly averts eye contact with Luhan.

“Daniella you look beautiful in that dress” Taemin said.

“Change, I don’t like it” Luhan said sternly. Just then Daniella knew it wasn’t the dress Luhan picked and that he was unhappy. Daniella went back into the change room and put on the other dress, it was a simple black dress with long sleeves, however it had a big long slit going up the leg.(Dress)

“He knows my style” Daniella laughed “To bad I have to dress what my mother likes” Daniella said to herself. She then changes back to her regular clothes and went out the change room “I choose this dress” Daniella said.

“Yes” Taemin said a little too loud and he cheered to himself. Luhan glared at Taemin, Suzy notice and pulled his sleeve.

“Why don’t the two of you find a restaurant for us to have dinner” Mrs. Oh said. The girls went to the cashier and paid for their dresses. Afterwards Suzy got a text from Luhan were to meet, the girls headed to the restaurant.

Everyone was at the table silently viewing the menu “Luhan do you want to order the tofu seafood pasta?” Suzy ask making Luhan cringe at the word tofu “Please” Suzy ask. Luhan smiles awkwardly and nods.

The waiter comes by and ask about their order “I will have the double bacon cheese burger with a side of union rings, on and a coke as well” Daniella handed the waited her menu.

“Daniella don’t you think you should be choosing something healthier like fish tacos or what Suzy is ordering. You want to fit in that dress right?” Mrs. Oh said making Daniella roll her eyes.

Suzy laugh “Did you Daniella, she has abs. Tell me what is your secret! How do you eat so much but keep that perfect figure” Suzy leaned toward the table.

“I play soccer which burns a lot of the calories and I keep my muscle” Daniella said. Luhan looks at Daniella, he holds his breath as he swears he could feel his heart beat skip a beat.

“Honestly you and your brother always outside playing that ridicules sport. You are a young lady, you should be learning etiquette and going to tea parties” Mrs. Oh said

“Mom!” Daniella said out loud.

“Honestly where is your brother, what has he been up to? I haven’t seen him in weeks, he calls me all the time but then he always says he is busy and hangs up” Mrs. Oh started to rant.

“Mom seriously, can we drop the topic about him” Daniella didn’t want the others to know that Sehun was her only brother, and that Daniel is not her twin brother but her. The food finally arrives making her mom shut up and enjoy her clam chowder soup.

Daniella takes her hamburger and takes a big bite out of it. Everyone seems to be enjoying their food except for Luhan who hates the tofu and the octopus legs in his pasta. Daniella sees Luhan distorted face, she cuts the half of her burger and puts it on Luhan plate “Have mine” Daniella said.

Luhan happily took her half the burger and started eating it. Suzy was definitely not pleased to see Daniella share her food with her boyfriend. Suzy stabbed her pasta hard and ate her food silently. It was once again silent at the dinner table again “Have a really big treat for you boys in November” Mrs. Oh said and wiped with the napkin.

“Mom what are you planning” Daniella question her mind.

“Well we had such a great car wash fundraising that we decide to give the soccer team and education experience” Mrs. Oh smirked as Luhan and Taemin look clueless “That is all I am saying” Mrs. Oh said. Mrs. Oh stood up and went to go pay for everyone meal “Do any of you boys minds taking care Daniella now, I have to go China. My husband is having a business party which I have to attend” Mrs. Oh

Mrs. Oh left the four outside the restaurant “I drove here, so I can go home by myself” Daniella smiled, she then bowed and turn around.

“Wait” Daniella turns around to see Luhan walking closer to her. Daniella heart started to race ‘Is Luhan coming home with me’ Daniella ask herself. Quickly Daniella starts to get sweaty palms and her cheeks started to turn pink “Taemin go with Daniella and then I will pick you up at her house” Luhan said making Daniella hurt.

“Don’t bother I’m a big girl” Daniella turns around she quickly walks away and heads to the parking lot. Daniella gets her keys out of her bag and unlocks the door, she gets into the car and lets her tears run down her cheeks “Luhan has Suzy, he is not yours” Daniella has to tell herself.

At home Daniella goes to her room, her friends quickly joins her “Oh my god, let me see the dress you bought” Leo shouts. The girls lay on their stomach on Daniella bed, Leo stood up as they waited for Daniella to come out of the closet.

Daniella slowly took her time, she walked slowly out of her walk-in closet. She heard gasp and raise her head “That dress is perfect” Kayla said. Daniella watch as Leo mouth drop and didn’t say anything. For once Leo was actually speechless.

“That black dress somehow reveals so much even though it covers your whole body” Leo said. Daniella smiled as she remembers paying for the dress Luhan picked. Knowing her friends reaction, she knew she had picked the right dress. Luhan picked showed her personality at the end Daniella was more than happy to pick it.

Daniella turn to face the mirror, she smooth out the dress and exhaled nicely “You guys I don’t think I can get over Luhan” Daniella confesses to her friends. “But I can’t think about us like that. He is dating Suzy and I have to concentrate on the game for next week” Daniella picks up the dress and goes back into the walk-in closet to change into her pj’s.

Afterwards Daniella hops onto her bed and snuggles with her friends “Daniella I think I may like Taemin more than just a friend” Ashley confess.

“He is a good guy Ash, you should go for it” Daniella said making her friend relieved. Ashley didn’t want to betray her friend, but then again she knows that Taemin like Daniella.

“Leo, I guess it’s just you and me” Kayla whined but Leo hugged Kayla tight.

Daniella could not stop thinking what happen today with Luhan helping her when she got hurt then him choosing the perfect dress, and sharing her dinner with him ‘I want us to be a couple, we make a perfect couple’ Daniella thought to herself as she then drifted to sleep.