geek in the pink

me and you and seven hundred bad things

yonghwa is going to die.

he is so sure of it, he hisses it angrily to jungshin- over and over again, kicking up a fuzz at the very back of the line full of aspiring college students when jungshin kicks him hard in the shin.

“.” yonghwa barks, guitar jostling against his back as he hobbles to nurse his injury and generally looking ten kinds of pathetic all at once. jungshin eyes him, like he isn’t sure whether or not he should kick him again for good measure. he doesn’t, settling for flicking him right on his pimply forehead. one of them pops.

“why are you going to die?” he asks, deciding that humouring yonghwa is the most interesting course of actions right now. “because!” yonghwa’s arm flails vaguely towards the front of the line. jungshin frowns, clearly missing the point as he scans the area for anyone remarkable.

minhyuk sighs, clearly taking it as his cue to spill into the mess and points a little left of the leading senior students. “short legs, leather jacket, kind of also a professor.” he drawls in a bored tone.

jungshin follows the finger and then his eyebrows lifts as a horrible realisation dawns on him. “oh”. then his face crumbles into a strained grimace and he turns to yonghwa. “no,” he says, angrily, violently, and hellfire splutters alive behind him as he looms over yonghwa with murderous intent in his eyes.  

“no, jungshin please. i… we greeted him at the gate while we were waiting for you and he’s really nice and cute and he is really tiny and he’s a music professor andpleaseheissosweet.”

jungshin gives the unassuming professor another once over, obviously judging while yonghwa dies a little beside him.

yonghwa’s heart sutters and autumn passes in an unbearable blur.