Final

Playing Around Part II

Zitao parked his motorcycle in the car park and noticed that a certain blonde was already waiting for him to come to school. Beside him, were a couple of his friends that Zitao had yet to meet, but it wasn’t like he wanted to. It was only his fifth day at school and he already got some unwanted attention from too many people that included Kris and his friends, but also his ex-girlfriend.

His ex-girlfriend was completely convinced that it was his fault they had broken up and decided to get her revenge as much as she could. Of course, it kind of was his fault since Kris had fallen for him hard on the first day, but it had nothing to do with him.

Yet, she didn’t seem to care. Already he had had his share of insulting messages on the internet and rather stupid rumours getting made up involving him.

Not like he cared though.

Zitao actually found it quite hilarious that she was so into Kris that she was willing to ‘fight’ for him. He didn’t want him in the first place but it was no harm in letting the boy try to woo him. It was quite fun actually.

Moving off his motorcycle, he removed the helmet and ran his fingers through his hair. Today as well, he was clad in leather which he just happened to be obsessed with. Looking over at Kris, he smirked before walking over to him and tilting his head.

“Sup.” He said, nodding to Kris who just looked love struck.

Well, he didn’t even respond to his greeting. All he could see was Yifan’s eyes roaming his body and staying at particular places that he really shouldn’t have been looking at in public.

But once again, Tao was just flattered.

Kris’s friends were just smirking at him too, as if they had heard about him and were dying to meet who had their friend so messed up in the head.

“Um, Kris?” Tao repeated, trying to get a coherent response out of the other.

“Oh sorry.” Kris said, scratching his head a little. “How are you this morning?” He asked, smiling with all teeth as he stared at him. The motorcyclist just stared with his eyebrows raised as the silence filled the atmosphere between them, and it was almost too awkward for him to bear.

Turning around on his heel, he was about to walk away before he felt Kris take a hold of wrist and hold him in place.

“Wait!”

Zitao let out a sigh before he turned back around, staring at him and his creepy friends that were still smirking at him. Kris turned to his friends and held out his hand to motion to them before he began introducing them one by one.

“This is Kai, Chanyeol and Sehun.” The boy said, smiling before turning back to the younger that looked pretty unamused and bored from the entire situation.

“Right.” Tao said, shrugging his shoulders and forcing a smile.

“Um, so, are you free tonight?” Kris asked, shoving his hands into his pockets and moving forward, grinning at the motorcyclist as he tried to show off his charms and cool. He watched as the other pretended to think about it, before shaking his head and pursing his lips. “No?” he asked again, and Zitao chuckled at the dejected look in the other’s face.

The younger let out a sigh before he moved forward and placed a hand on Kris’s shoulder, looking pretty much sympathetic. It seemed the other thought he was absolutely perfect and that Zitao was just going to let him find out everything about him.

No, he was going to make the other work for it. It was day three out of seven and it seems Kris thought it was going to be easy.

Nope. It was going to be hard.

Zitao wasn’t a social person in the first place, it was only out of a complete miracle that Kris had caught his eye. It was only because Yifan had interested him just a little that he started this little game.

“I can’t, I’m doing something with someone else.” He said, shrugging his shoulders as it was nothing.

The blonde’s face was soon drained out of colour.

“You’re going out with someone else?” He asked, ignoring the snickering of his friends behind him. “But…”

Zitao interrupted him.

“I never agreed I wouldn’t date anyone else Kris. I gave you a week to learn everything about me.” The boy said, trying to explain it clearly. “I’m not going to make it easy for you, Yifan, try hard. And then maybe you’ll pass my test…”He said, winking at him before he turned around and gripped onto his helmet, walking into the school and leaving Kris rather gobsmacked behind him.

Kai was the one that moved up to him and patted his friend on the back. All the time he was trying to stop himself from laughing.

He had to try and offer some support.

But it was really just too funny. Laughing, he cleared his throat before staring at Kris.

“You’ve really found yourself a keeper huh?”

Kris glared at him before shrugging him off.

Knocking on the door, he was really hoping that his instincts were right in case he was about to be made a complete fool of – and he didn’t want the first impression that these people get of him to be something like this. Taking a deep breath, he smiled brightly and kindly as the door was opened and an older woman stood there with a smile of her own on his lips.

“Can I help you?” She asked in a slightly cheery voice. Kris knew that this was the point to find out whether he was about to be made a fool of or not.

“Uh yes. Is Zitao here?” he asked, continuing to smile warmly.

“Oh yes. One second dear.” The woman said, smiling before shutting the door and obviously going to get her son. The blonde let out a deep sigh as he just smiled kindly.

Oh he was so glad that Zitao was lying about have plans with someone else that night.

As he waited, he looked around and tried to calm his nerves.

He had never been this stressed before asking someone out. This boy was really getting to him. Tapping his foot, he let out a deep breath before running his fingers through his hair to try and calm himself. However, his nerves got the best of him as he saw the door handle begin to turn before the other opened the door.

Standing there was the lust of his life, dressed in silly panda pyjama bottoms with a plain white shirt on. The other didn’t look as tough as he did when he was at school, and Kris couldn’t wait to tell him how adorable he looked.

“What are you doing here?” Tao asked, his eyes widened at the other’s presence in front of him.

“I’m here to take you on a date.” Kris said, grinning. The other stared at him in disbelief that he was even here. All of a sudden he was very aware at what he had on.

Looking around outside, he grabbed onto Kris’s shirt and pulled him in.

At least in Kris’s head this was a success already.

Once the front door was shut, Zitao sighed and scratched his head, not expecting the other to just show up like this and not believe him.  Kris grinned before he looked around the hallway they were in, and smiled at the nice interior. This felt like a very homely home. Moving forward, he placed his hands on the other’s shoulder and smiled at him.

“Did I surprise you?” he wondered. The other boy pursed his lips before shaking off the other’s hands.

“Maybe…” Zitao whispered, pouting. “…I’ll go change.”

As soon as the other turned around and ran up the stairs, Kris knew that he had reeled the other in just a little bit more. Chuckling, he moved forward and saw Tao’s mother and father sitting on the couch.

The woman turned around and smiled at him.

“Come in!” she said, motioning for him to come closer. “What did you say your name was dear?”

Kris could tell that the older woman was lovely. Just the way he already felt very invited into the other’s home was rather amazing. Sitting on one of the empty chairs, he turned to them and smiled.

“My name is Wu Yifan ma’am.” He said with a gentle smile.

“Oh you have such good manners!” The father suddenly said with a pretty genuine smile himself.

“Thank you Sir.” Kris said.

As they were all chatting, Zitao was in his bedroom desperately trying to get ready. Not in a million years did he expect the other to suddenly show up at his door after telling him he was technically going on a date with someone else.

That kind of shouted commitment to him and it was something he really appreciated in a guy.

So now he had to find a perfect outfit.

Rummaging through his clothes, he tried to think of something that would make Kris drool more than usual.

Yes, he liked leather, but it wasn’t so appropriate on a date of sorts.

No, he had to dress in something a little nicer. Zitao pouted when five minutes passed and still couldn’t find something suitable to wear. Thankfully, someone knocked on his door before entering and smiling at him.

“Are you going on a date son?” His mother asked, smiling at how helpless her son looked at the moment. When Zitao nodded and sighed, she moved over to him and looked at all the clothes. “Okay, let’s get you something nice to wear.” Zitao grinned at her before standing up, feeling much better to know that his mother was here to help. She was rather great at picking out the perfect outfits. After all, she had a perfect instinct about things like this.

Kris chuckled and continued to watch the football game on television that he and Zitao’s father were currently bonding on.

Apparently Zitao wasn’t a football fan, and his father was glad to have someone to watch it with. There were getting right into the game before they heard two sets of footprints move down the stairs.

Standing up, he watched as Zitao entered, looking particularly handsome.

The boy had on simply black skinny jeans and boots, a denim black shirt and his hair was actually styled straight, his fringe just reaching his eyes. It was a different look but Yifan had a feeling he could get addicted to the other dressing like that.

“Ready to go?” Kris asked, grinning at the other who was actually blushing. Tao looked at his parents and felt that they really shouldn’t be involved in this.

Nodding, he moved over and grabbed Yifan’s wrist and pulled him outside.

When they were outside, Tao shut the door and let out a deep breath. Looking at the other who was just grinning, he rolled his eyes and moved down his pathway. The blonde chuckled and followed before he realised that the other was about to walk right past his rather nice car.

“Tao?” he shouted, and the other stopped and turned around.

“What?” The boy asked, looking rather annoyed. Kris chuckled before he pointed to the Mercedes and grinned. Zitao looked at the car and realised what was going on. “Oh…” he whispered before getting into the passenger seat.

Moving around and getting into the driver’s seat, he shut the door before staring at the other.

Who got uncomfortable pretty fast.

“What?” Tao asked, eying the other suspiciously.

“…Nothing.” Kris said before he kick started the car. “I’ll tell you later once we get to where I’m taking you.” He whispered and the younger boy looked at him with curiosity on his expression.

“Where are you taking me?”

“It’s a surprise.” Kris said, winking at him.

“Whatever.” Tao said, putting on his serious personality again which was pretty scarred considering the other had seen him in his panda pyjamas. It kind of ruined the whole bad boy look. Of course it was something he really only wore at school so people wouldn’t get interested in him, but now Kris was exempt of that as well. But it still kind of made him smile. “Is it an interesting place?” Tao asked but the other just shrugged, obviously he wasn’t going to give it away any time soon. Nevertheless however, Zitao did like surprises more than the next person.

Soon enough, the car was slowing down and parking in a practically empty car park before Kris cut the gas. Taking off his seatbelt, he turned to the other and motioned for him to get out of the car.

Zitao did as he was asked and moved out, looking around him as he did. It was simply an empty park with one simple bench.

“What are we doing here?” He asked, turning to Kris who was now standing at the boot of his car, gathering a few things out of it.

“Just go sit on the bench, be there in a sec.” Kris said without looking up.

The younger boy took a deep breath and shrugged, moving over to the bench and sitting down instantly. Looking up at the night sky, he smiled at how pretty it seemed – the moon was rather big. The air wasn’t that cold and he actually felt pretty at piece.

Suddenly the other was sitting beside him. Just before he was about to turn and face him, he felt something getting placed over his shoulders.

“What—…”

Zitao was about to speak before he saw a large blanket covering both his and Kris’s shoulders. It was weirdly sweet. Biting his lip,  he didn’t want to see too happy yet, he had a feeling the other had something else up his sleeve.

The older moved down and picked something else up before opening it and holding it near enough under Zitao’s head.

“Want one?” he asked rather seductively, winking at him.

Zitao looked down to see what exactly he was being offered and he saw freshly made strawberries that were now half covered in hardened chocolate. It was a very cliché, but it was just rather beautiful that the other actually prepared this. Picking one and placing it at his lips, he looked at the blonde before taking a bit and letting a slow moan leave his lips at the delicious taste.

It was the exact sound that Yifan wanted to hear – and of course it made his heart fasten a little because of it. Leaning down, just once more, he brought up something that made Zitao look at him completely confused.

“…A paper and pen?” he asked, it kind of ruined the romance of the situation.

“It’s to jot down everything I’m going to learn about you.” Kris said, nodding as he took off the cap of the pen and writing Zitao’s name at the top of the paper. “Is that alright?”

The younger boy stared and laughed all of a sudden.

Now he had to admit that the other was pretty darn adorable. Taking another strawberry, he nodded to the other’s question.

The blanket was a nice touch, Zitao thought as he moved it tighter around him.

“Okay, so, may I start?” Yifan asked, waiting for the nod that came quickly. “Okay, so, when, Zitao, is your birthday?” He wondered, getting ready to jot down anything that came out of the other’s mouth just to make sure he aced whatever test the other was going to give him by the end of the week. Or tomorrow if he learned just enough about him tonight.

The boy his lips from the chocolate and turned to the other. Pursing his lips, he decided to just give the other answers he wanted.

Besides, he deserved it tonight.

“May 2nd.” He said quickly, picking up yet another chocolate-covered strawberry.

“Okay.” Kris finished writing it. “What is your favourite colour?”

“Hmm…” Zitao bit into the fruit before answering. “I’ve going to say… neon blue.”

Kris looked at him before chuckling. It was randomly specific answer, but at least it’d make it easier to remember. Thinking about other questions to ask, he grinned at the other before speaking again.

“What was the name of your first boyfriend?” he asked, making the other choke a little on his food.

Zitao turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

“His name was Baekhyun. Anything else?” Tao asked, smirking.

The older boy frowned when the other seemed to smile at the sound of his ex-boyfriend. It was something he didn’t particularly want to see. Sighing, he jotted the name down quickly on the pad (making the writing messy) before he got straight onto the next question.

“Favourite TV show?”

“Hmm… Supernatural.”

“Favourite food?”

“…It used to be pasta…” Zitao started before he looked out in front of him at the rather nice view. “But now I think its strawberries and chocolate.” He said, winking at the other who grinned at him, thinking he made an impact on the other’s life already. “I mean, these are some of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten in my life.” He said, eating another one immediately.

Kris was happy to hear that. It looks like his mother was right on going for some food to eat tonight.

Soon enough, it was getting pretty late and Yifan couldn’t even think of any other questions. Just now they were having a simple conversation about school and Zitao’s old one too, it was nice just so sit together.

Another thing was that they were now sitting closer than ever, their thighs touching so the blanket covered more of them.

The strawberries were gone.

And now they were sitting in perfect silence just staring at the sky which was dazzling above them.

Zitao took a small glance at Yifan and he could only smile a little at the other’s effort tonight. And he had to admit it too, it was working perfectly on him. He felt perfectly content at the moment, and it was nice to have someone trying so hard to get to know him so he could be with him.

Looking at the watch on his wrist, he sighed when he saw the time. They did have school tomorrow so it was probably not the best idea to stay out late.

He glanced at Kris and cleared his throat a little.

“Best get home now.” He whispered, and the blonde simply nodded before moving the blanket carefully off of them both.

They moved to the car and Kris quickly drove him home, the comfortable silence still lingering as they drove down the roads. It was nice, Zitao didn’t remember the last person he could do this with.

It was a special talent.

When he was finally at his home, the blonde even walked him to the front door.

Just like out of a romantic movie.

“I had a great time, Kris, thank you.” Zitao whispered, looking down at his own feet as he began to get embarrassed. It was difficult for him to be that nervous considering it really wasn’t in his nature. But the boy in front of him brought it out in him. “Um, I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye.” He only wanted this moment to be over faster so he could leave quickly.

Before he could enter the house, Kris quickly grabbed his wrist and pulled him back, placing his other hand on Zitao’s hair before he pressed his lips against Tao’s.

The younger boy was startled but he softly closed his eyes.

He guessed the other deserved a kiss.

Once they separated, Tao watched as Kris looked like the happiest man alive at that moment. Chuckling, he shook his head before he moved into his house and ran to his bedroom leaving Kris grinning like an idiot on the front porch. The blonde was now sure he could probably get Tao to go out with him.

Just like he knew he would.

Fin.


A/N: The second part y'all!