final.

tessellate.

 

 

tessellate;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "Junmyeon was blessed with a brain but he uses his heart instead."

 

Junmyeon reaches over to the side of his bed unconsciously, expecting to feel the gentle curves of his girlfriend's body as well as silky black locks that he always loved running his fingers through—instead he comes in contact empty sheets, cool pillows, and then he finally remembers that he packed his bags and stormed out of their apartment the night before. 

He informed her that he was offered a spot as an engineer at a software company to which she congratulated him for, quickly leaving the plate she had been washing back into the sink and rushing over with her thin arms wide open, water and soap suds dropping off her fingertips and onto the floor. However, once she was within a few feet he also told her that the nearest office was a three and a half hour car ride away. Meaning that if he decided to take the job, he'd have to move out of their place and find another one that would make commmute more convenient. That she had a problem with.

Junmyeon remembers how she cautiously asked if he'll actually go through with this, and once he nodded timidly, she broke. She took it as a sign of him breaking up with her, claiming that long distance relationships can never work especially when both parties have busy lives. Scattered around his mind were also memories of her throwing small objects at him, following each a string of swears that flowed out of her lips so naturally that he couldn't really believe that this is the same girl who was smiling at him brightly a few moments ago. Things broke, cuts formed, hair flew, tears fell, and he tried to calm her down because even though she can lose her temper he loves her. That is, until she screamed that he can just leave, and she can just as easily find someone to replace him.

And that single sentence is what made him rethink this whole relationship through. Junmyeon started to wonder if this was even worth it anymore when his girlfriend isn't even willing to attempt to stay with him, after all it would never hurt to try. She's selfish, he decided. It's always been like this—him always having to ask for permission with anything and everything—and he's getting tired of it. It's a repeated pattern of the same situations, same answers, same arguments, the same damn thing and it's awfully unfair and boring. Their relationship was based off of a complete tessellation of her own personal needs. He thinks of why the hell this had even managed to drag on for so long.

Junmyeon's phone starts beeping continuously, signalling a constant receiving of text messages. He tells himself that the rational thing to do is to ignore them because he's not stupid and he's sure that it's her, but there's an incessant whisper on the back of his mind telling him that just taking a single peek won't do any harm to anyone. So he gives up on the internal argument and throws himself to the other end of the bed to grab his phone, and the first thing he sees is her name "Soojung." He can't help but glance and scroll down, and he's welcomed with the sight of over thirty messages of her apologies and he also can't help the smile that starts to take over his face.

Because what he forgot about a tessellation is that while it's a repeating pattern, it's also two of the same molding perfectly together eternally.

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

IDK WHAT HAPPENED. 
 

( h a r l e q u i n. )