♪ Drunk by amusingmurdermachine

Midnight Sonata Cafe | Reviews and Recommendations [Archive]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

♪ Music: Love love love by Epik High

 

Drunk 

by amusingmurdermachine 

 

Type: One-Shot
Featuring: EXO-K, f(x)
Characters: Chanyeol, Krystal, D.O, Baekhyun
Pairing: Chanyeol x Krystal
Theme: angst, romance
Completed? : Yes.

 

Title:

Short and simple. I would say it fits the story. But, it is lacking in that it might give off the wrong vibe and it's just to cliche. Upon first glance, I would say that the title, alone, may not attract too many readers because it gives off the vibe of abuse and despite, in which there are a ton of those in the AFF world. If given the chance, the story has a lot of potential and we see a different side of the title. But, that's an IF. Most readers, including myself, would normally glance at the title and move on to look for a story with an eye-candy title. 

 

Description/Forward:

The idea of including what Chanyeol thought about every gulp he took was incredible. The fact that you explicitly showed each gulp gave me a mental picture of the sad, sullen figure trying to cleanse his sorrows in alcohol. Krystal's name being in the midst of his thoughts already hinted at the characters, so that was a plus. 

 

Originality/Creativity:

I can't say the story is original as I have seen multiple stories where alcohol is involved. Showing Chanyeol's resistance to growing up and yearn for things to go back to the way it used to be, was a twist from the mundane idea of the use for alcohol, so that was definitely a plus. Also, the OTP was unique as well because I haven't seen too many Chanstal fics.  

Please log in to read the full chapter