Epilogue: All Bases Cleared!

Home Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six months after the World Series Championships:

BREATHE JIYONG!!! BREATHE!!!

“What are you waiting for? Isn’t this the moment you’ve been hoping and wishing for the longest time?” I fought with myself as I stood in front of the bathroom mirror inside our bridal suite.

I suddenly felt the need to breathe in air as my chest began to tighten a little.

NO! This can’t be happening to me!

Soon enough I started to catch my breath.

“Darn this ing asthma!” I said in between my intake of air. My hand rubbing lightly at my chest.

“Oh God please! Not on my wedding night!” I prayed intently.

I scurried through my personal things and searched for my shaving kit where I’ve kept my reserved lifesaver. And the minute that I’ve gotten hold of it, I held it inside my mouth and pressed it once. I waited for another few minutes until my breathing started to even.

And when my chest finally felt lightened, I turned to face myself on the mirror again. I righted my new boxers shorts that my wife DARA (Yes! She’s finally mine!) gave me as her wedding present so that I could say my goodbyes to my favorite tattered one. I checked my reflection on the mirror again.

“Ji! What’s taking you so long in there?” I heard my wife asked from the bedroom.

“I promise you, I won’t forget our night this time.” She clearly added for me to hear.

OH !!!

Darn it! I entirely forgot about that! One of the biggest lies I’ve ever told in my whole life. Just to refresh your minds, Remember at Seunghyun hyung and Bom’s wedding? When Dara really got drunk? Remember when I told her that something happened between us that night? I know you all do.

Well, I actually forgot to tell her that nothing really happened that night. That we didn’t do “it”.

How could I possibly forget not to tell her?

I guess I was so caught up with the things that happened during the past six months. After the game Dara and I flew to Canada and told her parents about our engagement and had personally/formally asked for her hand for marriage from them. We stayed there for almost two weeks. And then, I got busy with work and the preparation for our wedding.

Dang! I should have opted for a simpler wedding. If not only for the insistence of my parents to have a grand one, Dara and I could have settled for a more private one. Maybe then I would have had more time with her. And maybe remembered that one little detail that I forgot to admit to her.

“What now, Jiyong?” I asked myself.

It’s not as if she wouldn’t know that she’s still untouched after we do it tonight. If I’ll be able to breathe well!!!

“Jagiya! I’m waiting!” I heard Dara’s call loud and clear.

“I’m almost done here, sweetie.” I called back.

“Okay, hurry up. Time’s a ticking!” She replied.

I walked towards the bathroom door and opened it slightly.

I saw Dara under the sheets staring at the wedding band on her finger. And then I closed the door back quickly and carefully.

“How am I suppose to tell her now? She might say that I tricked her.” Well technically, I did. But my intentions are good. That would have to count right?

But what if she gets mad at me for leading her on with my great lie? Am I about to be thrown out of the room on my wedding night?

This is not good! Not good at all.

“Jiyong!” Dara called again.

God help me. Please!

And with that last prayer, I willed myself to step back inside the room.

“What took you so long inside the bathroom?” She asked me with a pout on her lips.

“I,Uh, brushed my teeth.” I answered dumbly. Yeah right!

“For thirty min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter