We made it

Finally we can rest.. In peace

AN: the words in italics is a flashback.  Here you go Enjoy :) 

---------------------------------------------

The eyes of a man slowly opened and stopped halfway. Tears still lingering at the corner of his eyes. It was as if the wind had changed its direction around the region of mouth which left the smile plastered on his face, not wanting to leave. He closed his eyes again, letting that tear to escape his eye. With them still closed, he turned towards the touch. The touch which even after all these years made him feel like he was this ball of energy which when let out, can travel across the entire globe as many times as he wishes, holding that source of energy in his arms.

If it was a dream, he would have closed his eyes forever and let his mind drift to the memory over and over again.

However, the two dark brown glossy orbs with a smile that was filled with adoration that he was met with when he slowly opened his eyes, he knew that it wasn’t a dream. No, it was much more than that, more than just being real. It was the feeling of finally being able to feel the fresh air in his lungs, and made his bones feel alive again.  It was if his mind felt lighter, a feeling of absolute serenity, like that one missing piece in him was filled and he can rest in peace. If he could, he would carry it to the next life (every other if they exist).

Yes, he, Lee Jinki, an 89 year old man, who is currently on his death bed due to lung injury and osteomyelitis.  And his soul repairer, Kim Jonghyun, an 88 year old man he has loved for the past 51 years.

50 years. 50 goddamn years of holding back. Half a century of wanting to just wanting slip his favourite piece of jewellery onto Jonghyun’s ring finger. If only people were more open to accepting same- relationships back then, well not that it is now, but they don’t mind same- it even if marriages aren’t respected.  Wanting to fulfil that man’s one wish, the only one that matters the most on his list. He still remembers the day when he felt accomplished and served his purpose his life as a human, that day, that special day, where he was in the hospital for yet another treatment. Jinki managed to convince his doctors and nurses to help him carry out his surprise.

 

He sat on the bed in his best black suit. Flowers on bed side. Beautiful garlands, a sweet setting overall. Nothing too fancy. Just trying to send a message of love across to the person it matters the most.

And that is when Jinki saw him.

“You need to breathe Jinki-shi. Breathe. In-Out, in-out”, Jinki wanted none of that. All he wanted was the time to slow down, as much as possible. But not too much which would keep his ‘bride’ at the doorway forever.

Lee Jinki’s last dying wish, to fulfil his love’s dream to marry the one who loves him to Andromeda and back. And Jinki was sure that 50 years was ample amount of time to gain the trust of a broken man and prove to him that was love for the younger was something unmeasurable.

On their 50th anniversary, every lover’s day to officially spoil each other, 14th February, Valentine’s Day, Jinki and Jonghyun are finally getting married. Although, in a hospital, everything about it brought joy to everyone present.

The white suit, made him look grand, not old. He walked down the aisle, the doorway. The wrinkles didn’t manage to hide the blush formed on his cheeks, eyes refusing to meet Jinki’s. He stood beside the bed, waiting for the priest to start the ceremony.

 Jinki managed to whisper, “See I told you would taller as you grow old!”

Jonghyun saw the smile on the older which made the wait worth it.  He just managed to mehrong to the older and smiled his warm smile.

…. “Yes, I do”, both of them repeated when asked.

“Now I pronounce you married, you may kiss”

The kiss made Jinki’s head flip and Jonghyun’s stomach dancing.

Oh yes, finally, married. Wish fulfilled. Promises were kept. Tears were shed. But mostly, the atmosphere was filled with joy and happiness. And that was all the two of them could ask for.

 

It’s been a year since they were officially married. And the rings were the reflection of everything their lives had been for the past 51 years.

Holding Jinki’s hand, Jonghyun had a smile playing on lips while tears flowed from his eyes which were locked onto Jinki’s. They refused to look away.

With a last nod, together in unison both of them said, “I love you”. After Jinki closed his eyes and while the doctors were recording the time, Jonghyun hugged the man, and laid down next to him. FOREVER.

 

Jinki and Jonghyun came into this world with a year’s gap, but their exiting the world same separated by a minute. The smile on each of their faces, and satisfaction assured everyone around them that they were resting in peace. Together and for always.  

----------------------------------

AN :  Okkie it is done. I am somewhat happy on how this turned out. 

I hope you guys liked it! :) 

Comments and feedback is really apprciated! :D :) 

Thank you *bows*