.

The destiny plan

They say that I’m impossible to avoid, that if I say something it has to be done and nobody can argue with that. Well, they are right. And one of my work it’s kind of complicate, but I have to admit it was one that I will never forget.
They was still very young when they met, the childhood friendship got stronger and without noticing it was already love, a very strong one, and I realized that it was too easy, I couldn’t leave them love each other just like that, I have to – no, I must to do something to turn that story much more… I don’t know, maybe more interesting? So, here we go…
It was a very cold night, in a room which only some candles provided a little light to the room. Near the window it’s possible to see a woman, in a red dress which she knows that it fits perfectly in her, staring at the city through the glass wondering if it’s the best idea. When the door opens her heartbeat starts to quicken and a man appears through the door. He just looks at her and when their gazes met he gave her a very lovely smile, that smile she loved the most.
“You came, I’m so happy that you came… and Gosh, you are beautiful in this dress, I missed you so much. I wanted to see you so much.”
“I know, I missed you too, but you know even though everything has been clarify it’s not as simple as you think, I’m still married Hae. And even though I loved you in the past I love my current husband, and don’t forget that you are still married with her.”
The hope that he had suddenly disappeared when he remembered about her, the one who did the possible and impossible to separate him from his lover, the woman who destroyed a friendship just to steal the man her friend was in love in order to have him only for her. But the feeling spoke louder, the passion they had and still have took over the room and when they knew, they were just one body and one soul, loving each other like there’s no tomorrow.
“Hae, I missed you so much, really I have never forgotten about you, about us, about our past. But- ”
“ – but?”
“But, as I said, I’m married now and for more impossible that it looks I love my husband. I can’t leave him just as simple as like that. I hope you understand.”
“ I know, I understand you, but can I at least hold in a hope that you one day will be mine again?”
He knew, he knew her very well, there was no need to answer, and with that the woman left the room without looking back, because she also knew that she couldn’t stand looking at those chocolate brown eyes once more.
But I had planned more for them this story was far from the end. That night was enough to put more turbulence for them... and with that one month later…
“Su? Are you all right?”
Kyuhyun was the man every woman could dream to be their husband, he has money, good look, love and a smile that melt everybody’s heart. He for the whole life only loved two women; his mother and his wife. Of course he knew that his wife was keeping something from him as he also knew that she doesn’t love him as much as he did. But at least he could have her by his side, and not the one she loved in the past.
As I said before, their fate could be simple… and I know I look mean now, but at the end I hope you understand me.
“Hey, are you fine? Do you want to go to see a doctor? Please tell me what’s happening.”
“Kyu, you know that I love you right? Please promise me that you will never leave me alone? You know that I never intend to do anything that would hurt you, right? Please promise me---“
“--- hey … shhh… calm down. You know you can count on me, shoot whatever is bothering you then we are going to the hospital… deal?”
“---”
“Sorry? What?”
“I’m pregnant… and it’s not yours…”
A dead silence hang up in the bathroom, even though he knew that she was hiding something it was hard for him, even he loves her so much that he could do anything for her it still was hard for him. A child that she was carrying wasn’t his, and he knew who the child was.
“Who…”
“I’m sorry… I really am sorry, I didn’t want to… it wasn’t my intention, never was… you that, right? Please believe…”
“Do you know? I knew, I knew that you were with him that night because I saw you, even though it hurts me so much to know, I’m happy that you told me the truth. Do you think am I being so stupid to believe that one day you will love me back?”
She wasn’t a bad girl, and those tears that she never saw coming from him before hurt her too much, she loves her currently husband even still loving the other and that mixed feeling always leave her confused, lost in her own despair. And I know that it’s my fault making such good person suffer so much, but I just hope that in the end you would understand me.
“No, I don’t think like that… it’s just because you are such a good man, and as I said I love you, I never deny that before. And now I just wanted that this child was yours… but it is not, and I don’t have the heart to lie to you and I never lied to you. You know that… I hope you know that. It’s that I’m so scared, I don’t want to be alone and I can’t find him… please forgive me…”
Even though he is hurt, he hates those tears it was his weakness. The only thing he could do was give her a comforting smile, and hug her to assure that she was never alone, to assure her that even the child not being his, he would love it as his.
Did you think that was enough? Well, I’m sorry to say but the mess has just began, because life is like that; always has the ups and downs and also times which just flows without much trouble. And when you think that bad things are over… BANG! I go into action again.
Five long years passed the child was born, she never saw her child’s and old lover again, but she never looked for him and the marriage was better and the love were strong than ever. But as I force of me, they would face the storm again.
That day wasn’t much different from others.
After Su’s son grew older and started studying whole day at school, she started to work at her husband company helping him in whatever he needed to. He wouldn’t be happier having his lovely wife by his side all day. That’s why she was at the front door of their office as she waits for welcome the new worker. But when she saw the man coming to her direction and recognize his face she almost had a heart attack. Actually both had it.
“Wh-what are you doing here?!”
“Well, it seems that I’m the new worker here. I’m the one asking what are you doing here.”
“What?! Didn’t you know that this is my husband company? I work here with him, because someone just decided to leave me, alone without any explanation. You
don’t know what I, no better, what we have to pass through because of you. I thought that I said to you that we needed to talk, I search for you like crazy and all that you did was disappearing.”
“What?! Are not you missing some detail of the last night we met? Are you seriously thinking that everything was my fault? Who were the one that just turn around and leave me without looking back? So, if you excuse me I have a new boss to meet. Have a good day.”
It also hurt me the way they act to each other, but it’s just because he couldn’t tell the truth and didn’t know the truth as she didn’t know and didn’t tell too. Well as I said I know its entire my fault.
The whole day pass and the awkwardness didn’t pass unnoticed by Kyuhyun who all he did was pretending that everything was fine. He knew he could trust his wife so if something is off she will tell him latter. But deep inside him he had a hint of what could be. And at night after the little one was sound sleep, Kyuhyun asked the question that was hitting him all day.
“Is he, isn’t he?”
“Sorry?”
“He is the real father isn’t he? The one you loved in the past and I know that he is keep inside your heart. You know you can tell me the truth.”
“How did you know?”
“I heard you talking and I saw the way you two act all day. But I hope you know that I didn’t know about it before.”
“Yes, I know. And I’m sorry.”
“Shh--- It’s ok; I just wanted to make sure. Do you intend to tell the truth? About the child?”
“I don’t know… I don’t know how he could react and what he could do. I don’t want to stress the child and neither you.”
“You that even I love the boy, he has the right to know as the boy. To be honest I think telling the truth would make your little mind a little bit more relaxed.”
And with the kiss, she was sure that her husband is right.
When the next day came, she asked her old lover to go grab a coffee, just for a talk to try cleaning the mess that was yesterday. He of course accepted.
“I’m… ehrr… want to apologized about yesterday, I know I was rude… but I thought all night and decided that you deserve the truth. The truth behind me not looking for you or even answered your messages. It’s that because---”
“---The child is yours.”
“Wh-what? About who are you talking?--- gosh, I’m a father?”
“…” the only thing she could do was nod.
“Does he know? So, is he five?”
“No and yes. He doesn’t know the truth and I think he is too young to know. Maybe in the future, but for now I think he is happy to think that Kyu is his father and I hope you understand. But of course you will be able to meet him. Well, if you wish. I won’t force you to do anything.”
“OF COURSE I WANT TO MEET HIM! HE IS MY SON! If I knew I would never leave you alone---”
“--- I wasn’t alone, my husband accept it. He is a very good man, he loves the boy and raised him as his.”
“I see… you still love him, right?”
“Yes, I do.”
As always silences hang up between them.
“Well… as I told you, the truth about me disappearing is because of her.”
“Her?”
“Yes, her. She discovered that I went to meet you that night. She knows about everything. Where did you live, who were you married, where he worked, lived… about everything and she starts to threaten saying that she would tell everything to your husband and ruin your life. I couldn’t let that happen. So I decided to stay with her, and we moved to Greece. But after a while she started to get really obsessive and madly jealous about everything. That was when she tried to attack a woman who I used to work with. I decided that it was better if I came back here and with her parents help we hospitalize her in a psychiatric clinic.”
“How is she now?”
“She is fine. Her psychiatry said that she is calmer.”
“I see… she must has suffered a lot. I know it seems crazy, but even after everything she had done, she was my best friend.”
“I know... you are such good person. That’s why I love you so much. I just wanted that everything had work out to us.”
That was when the woman’s cell phone interrupted them.
“Yes?”
“Su, where are you?”
“I’m at the café, in front of company. Why? Is something wrong?”
“Did you asked to someone picked up our son at school earlier today?”
“What? No, why?”
“He is not at school.”
“WHAT?”
“He is not at school. The teacher said that a woman came here and told her that you asked to pick him up earlier because he has an appointment.”
“WH-WHAT? I didn’t… I didn’t ask to anyone to pick him up. Gosh… doesn’t your mother picked him?”
“No, I asked her. She didn’t.”
That’s when the other man received a message. A video. Of course it wasn’t my intention to do an innocent child to suffer like that or his mother and specially the man who has just discovered that he was a father. But that crazy woman was really out of control and I couldn’t expect that she would go that far to accomplish her revenge.
After that everything happened so fast. The search, the torment. They found her and the child but it was too late.
When the mother and her old lover arrived where their son and crazy woman were they found both of them the child was already laid lifelessly on the ground. And just when the husband arrived the crazy woman pulled the gun and took away the man who even knowing that the boy wasn’t his son he accepted him with his all heart. And without any regret or any kind of feeling the woman just turned around and left them behind as nothing had happened.
Anger took hold of the man who has just discovered about the child and never had the chance to meet him, to play with him or just simply heard his voice or hold him. Without thinking he took his car and chase after her leaving the destroyed little family behind.
The mother sat beside her son realizing that he hasn’t any signal of life in him the only thing she could do was cry, and pity herself with the lost.
“Kyu! Honey! Don’t leave too, please… I love you… don’t leave me …”
“I---I l---love y---you too…”
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry for everything, I just wanted you to know that I love you, I always did. Just don’t forget that.”
“I won’t, you know… someday we will be happy again….”
And with that he gave his last breath leaving this world but knowing that it wasn’t the end yet.
I reserved more to poor woman.
Since that day she lost her husband and her son, she didn’t know about the other man he just disappeared again. The police said that he wasn’t with the crazy woman and she refused to say about his whereabouts. But she could sense that he was alive and he needed her help, so every day she looks for him and for almost 2 months she hasn’t given up. I saw the determination in her eyes and the love she has for him, I couldn’t do her suffer so much. That’s why when there were two days to two months of searching she saw somebody walking in the middle of nowhere with no direction and when she was able to see his face properly she knew that her search was over. And when their eyes met the said man mind started to pop up memories those memories which were lost in nowhere and he recognized the person he didn’t know that was searching for.
And as there wasn’t tomorrow their lips met again to say things which any words could explain. That’s when he realized that she was different.
“A-are you?”
“Yes, I just regret that he couldn't make it until to know about his child. He always wanted one of his.”
“Don’t you feel sometimes that the fate likes to play with us?”
“…”
“You know that I will protect this child and love him or her just like he did. It’s the least I can do for him. He was indeed a very noble man.”
“Yes, he is.”
After the reencounter I gave them a time to enjoy the time they never had. The time to the man thanks the other for everything he had done, time to them enjoy the family they always dreamed to have. But I knew that even so, they weren’t fully happy, not with all the regrets and sorrow. That was when I have the brilliant idea.
The family was enjoying the ride back home when suddenly a bus hit them, and without much delay from me they were reunited again. Somewhere where there is no pain, no sorrow, no regrets, sad tears or judgments. A place three adults could enjoy the eternity to share their love and happiness while one boy and girl play and run around them. Somewhere where they could finally be truly happy. Because I even mostly I appear to be cruel, I just want that people who deserve be happy. Just like them.

The End