My Lady

The Confession

“Sehunniee!”

   Oh crap. Sehun knows that voice all too well. Why is she here? She’s supposed to go to her grandparents’ and only come back tonight. Now that she’s here, she’s gonna get the wrong impression. Oh, no!

   “Did you hear that?” Krystal looks up from her book and asks him.

   Blinking a few times, Sehun awkwardly replies, “What? H-hear what? I didn’t hear anything. Did you hear anything? If you did, I think you heard wrong as there was nothing to hear, because you know, I didn’t hear anything.”

   Great, now he’s just crapping — something he does when he is in a nervous situation — making things even more suspicious than they were before.

   “Sehunniee!”

   Krystal’s eyes open wider, “There it is again. I didn’t hear wrong. I think someone’s calling your name.”

   “No one’s calling me, psh,” he waves a hand in front of Krystal’s face and makes a face as if Krystal’s being ridiculous. “But I’m suddenly feeling thirsty,” he says, getting up. “I’ll be right back.”

   With that, he dashes out of his room, down the stairs and not to his surprise, Sulli is already there in his kitchen.

   “What are you doing here?” he asks.

   “What do you mean? I can’t come here?” Sulli asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

   “No, no, no that’s not what I meant,” he quickly corrects when he realizes how his statement sounded. “I mean, I thought you were at your grandparents’ and you’ll only be back tonight.”

   Sulli puts down the box of cookies she took from his refrigerator earlier and crosses her arms. “Okay, tell me what’s going on. Why are you being all edgy and weird?”

   Damn it! Nothing can go by Sulli. This girl knows everything about him and if there is anything wrong with him, she’s always the first one to figure it out. That is why this situation is very, very bad now. Still, he has to try his luck.

   “I’m not edgy,” he retorts.

   “You are twisting the hem of your shirt, so that means you’re trying to hide something.”

   Sehun quickly lets go of his shirt and coughs out, “I am not hiding anything.”

   Just that second, Krystal strides into the kitchen saying, “I wonder what’s taking you so—” she stops when she saw Sulli.

   Sulli scoffs as she takes in Krystal’s outfit. Sehun looks at Krystal and curses inwardly. Of course, Krystal had to spill her coffee earlier on and he had to lend her one of his shirts. And because she’s wearing shorts and his shirt is too big for her, it looks like she’s only wearing his shirt.

   “Sulli this is not what it—”

   “Oh, I get it now. Looks like I’m not invited around here. Sorry to disturb your…whatever you guys were doing.” Sulli walks around the kitchen counter and grabs her bag that she put on the dining table earlier on and dashes out of his house, ignoring him completely when he tries calling her name.

   But if one thing he didn’t miss, that is Sulli’s hurtful expression when she saw Krystal.

   “I…uh—I didn’t know she was down here,” Krystal awkwardly says when he sits down at the counter and rubs his temple.

   “It’s okay. It’s not your fault.”

   “I’ll just get my things. We can continue another time. And maybe we should do this at a library or something next time.” Without hearing his response, she quickly darts up the stairs and not long after, she is out of his door.

   A few months ago, he dated Krystal for a while. But then he realized that it never felt right with Krystal and even when they were having a date, he kept comparing her every action with Sulli’s.

   If Sulli was here, she would’ve ordered the burger.

   If Sulli was here, they would be watching an action flick.

   If Sulli was here, he could’ve held her hands as they skate because she is terrible at it and he has to guide her.

   After almost a month, he decided his relationship with Krystal was going nowhere so he had to end it. Krystal wasn’t surprised when he admitted that he’s in love with Sulli.

   “I know,” Krystal had said. “Most of the time we’re on our date, she’s all you talk about. And you’ve never looked at me the way you look at her. I have to admit that I am jealous. Not jealous because it’s her you’re in love with. I’m jealous of her because I really want someone to love me just like how you love her.”

   They remain friends after breaking up but when Sulli asks why they broke up, he lied and said that it was Krystal who ended the relationship. He knows that it’s bad to put the blame on Krystal but he was scared of telling the truth and he was desperate. Thank God, Krystal was fine with it.

   So, last week, Krystal and him got paired up for class project and that is why Krystal is here today. He didn’t tell Sulli about it because every time he mentions Krystal’s name, Sulli’s mood will change. He knew that Sulli won’t be around so that’s why he suggested to do it at his house. But now, he’s really regretting his decision because the look on Sulli’s face just now was like a punch to his guts.

   Taking out his phone from his pocket, he dials their best friend.

   “What’s up?”

   “Dude, I messed up.”

   “What did you do?”

   And so he told Luhan everything that had just happened.

   “Whoa, luck must really hate you, dude.”

   Rolling his eyes at Luhan’s answer that is definitely not helping him at all, he suddenly receives another call.

   “Wait dude, I got another call coming in,” he says before switching to that call.

   “What the hell, Sehun!” the caller greets him.

   Suzy.

   “I thought you love Sulli so why did you sleep with Krystal!”

   “Hold up there. I did not sleep with Krystal.”

   “Then why was she wearing your shirt only, coming out from your room? I’m really pissed with you now. If only Sulli’s not crying and I have to console her, I would’ve run by your house to kick your .”

   “What do you mean, Sulli’s crying?” Oh crap, this is worse than he thought. “Where is she? I have to meet her now to explain.”

   “I am not telling you where she is now and I will not let you meet her!”

   “Listen, Suzy. I did not sleep with Krystal. I’m still a freaking , for God’s sake. I was doing a project with Krystal and she spilled coffee on her shirt so I had to lend her mine. Come on Suzy, you know I will never hurt Sulli on purpose.”

   Suzy gets quiet for a while before saying, “You are a ?”

   Sehun sighs. “Out of all of my ranting, that was the only part you heard?”

   “Is that really what happened? I was shock to hear at first too. I mean, I know there’s no way you will be doing something like that to her but the way Sulli said it…you can’t not be suspicious.”

   “I know, my luck was just really bad. Please just tell me where she is and I’ll meet her. I’ll explain everything to her.”

   “No, you can’t do that.”

   “What! Didn’t you just listen to what I said?”

   “I did but I don’t want you to just explain to her. I want you to do your best to get her forgiveness and make a huge and awesomely romantic confession.”

   “You what?”

   “You need to confess dude, or I will not be on your side in this situation and continue letting Sulli believe what she believes now.”

   “That’s blackmail!”

   “That’s life. Seriously, if you don’t do this now, you can risk losing her. It’s really up to you, you know. So, are you in? If you are, we have to tell Luhan.”

   Suzy does have a point, but what if this thing between him and Sulli doesn’t work out? It’ll be impossible for them to remain friends if their romantic relationship ends horribly. He loves Sulli so much that he doesn’t want to risk losing her. But the problem here is that he can’t stand the sight of Sulli in another man’s arms too.

   “Sehun?”

   “Yeah, I’m still here.”

   “So, how? What is your decision?”

   Sehun stays quiet for a moment to reconsider his decision but finally, he answers Suzy.

   “Count me in.”

 

 

This has never happened before. It has been two full days since Sulli last spoke with Sehun. Before this, they had never even gone a day without talking. It is almost impossible to not talk to her number one best friend in the whole world. But now that this is happening, she can’t help but feel extremely depressed about it.

   Why hadn’t Sehun called her? And every time she tried to call him, or meet him at his house, it went straight to voicemail or he wouldn’t be around. She knows that the way she left his house on Friday was bad and she did hear Sehun calling her name many times but she couldn’t control herself. If she were to respond and stay there a second longer, she would’ve broken down right there and then.

   The pain she felt when she saw Krystal in Sehun’s shirt, coming down the stairs from his bedroom was the worst kind of pain she has ever experienced. Even when her parents divorced right after her beloved grandmother passed away, the pain wasn’t as bad as this. Because through the entire ordeal, Sehun was always beside her, holding her hand and giving her his full support.

   She knows that she shouldn’t have any feelings for Sehun but you can’t choose who you fall in love with. Although all of her girl friends had encouraged her to confess, telling her how her feelings are not unrequited, she still refuses to do so. The reason is simple: she’s afraid.

   Afraid that a single confession can ruin her whole friendship. She is too selfish and she doesn’t want to lose Sehun. If she has to settle to being his friend for the rest of her life, let it be, as long as she can always be with Sehun.

   However, there’s a problem with that situation.

   No matter how she tries to deny it, every time Sehun has a new girlfriend, her heart breaks.  She’s only human. Sehun is one of the best looking people at school and of course, with a face like his, he has a lot of girls going after him, flirting with him. However, the reason for her liking him is not because of his looks. He simply has the best personality in a guy she can ever hope for.

   When she tripped down the stage in forth grade after performing a dance routine and became everyone’s topic of discussion, Sehun diverted their attention by doing something sillier, which was to “accidentally” fart out loud in the cafeteria.

   However, despite the fact that girls constantly come up to them to flirt with him, he never encourages any of their advances whenever she’s around. If it were up to her, she would’ve asked them to scram off and take a claim on him. It’s not that simple though. So she just has to endure it every single time.

   The sound of her phone ringing suddenly brings her back to reality. Hoping that that might be Sehun calling, she rushes to her table to get it, accidentally knocking over her two plush toys that were innocently resting on her bed.

   To her disappointment, the name displayed on the phone is not Sehun's.

   “Hello?” she says to the phone.

   “Sorry, Sulli. I know you are still waiting for him, but it’s just me,” Suzy says on the other line.

   Of course, her other best friend, the one who is not oblivious to the fact that she’s head over heels in love with that guy, would know how she’s feeling. Funny though, Sehun knows everything about her, except the most important fact: that she loves him.

   “It’s okay. So, what’s up?” Sulli asks.

   “Okay, you might not be up for this, but Luhan oppa and I are planning to go to Lotte World. I was wondering if you want to join us?”

   Lotte World? Dang, that’s like her most favorite place on Earth! But going there is only fun when Sehun’s around. It’s a must for them to go there every year, just to have fun. They do all the crazy things there together. Each year, they have to make a new memory of them there. And besides, if she’s going there with just Suzy and Luhan, she will feel like an annoying third wheel and that is definitely not fun.

   “Yah, so you want me to tag along with your date?” Sulli asks.

   “Of course not, you silly! I actually am bringing my friend’s cousin along. He’s a sweet boy and he’s really cute too! I was thinking that we can do a double date! Just forget about him, already. You reject every guy that comes your way just for what? Him to disappoint you?”

   Suzy’s right. He doesn’t even call her for two days! Maybe he’s too busy cuddling up with that Krystal girl. Sulli decides right then, she has got to move on. First step is always the hardest but she has to start at some point.

   “This boy, you say he is cute and good looking right?”

   “Of course. Such a charmer, that one.”

   “Okay. Pick me up in fifteen minutes.”

 

 

“Are you freaking kidding me now?”

   Sulli is standing at the entrance of Lotte World, along with Suzy, when Luhan approaches them with… — wait for it — a kid! Yes, a freaking kid! More specifically, a ten year old kid.

   “That,” she points to that kid, “is your friend’s cousin?”

   “Yes!” Suzy beams. “Isn’t he just the cutest?”

   Sulli has to admit. That little boy is cute but for real though!

   “He is. But Suzy, you don’t think that you forgot to tell me one teeny tiny fact?”

   Suzy looks at her innocently, “What fact?”

   “The fact that he is only ten! Ten!

   Suzy chuckles sheepishly. “Oh, haha, that. Yeah, I might have missed that. Sorry.”

   Sulli is about to choke her best friend but a voice calling, “Noonaaaaaaaaa!” rings in the air.

   Suzy beams at the cousin, “Hey kiddo! So this is Sulli noona, and she’s your date for this evening.”

   “Really?” the boy’s eyes widen, and he looks extremely elated.

   Sulli can’t help but think he’s just so adorable. Okay, maybe spending time with a cute little boy and help push her misery away. It won’t be a romantic date, but it’ll be an enjoyable date regardless, she’s sure.

   “Hey there you handsome boy. What’s your name?” she greets the kid.

   “Daehan! My name is Daehan.”

   “Okay, Daehan, let’s get to our date! Do you want to go with Suzy noona and Luhan hyung, or do you just want to go with me, the cool noona?”

   “Just you, noona!”

   “Alright-y, then! It’s all set. Now you lovebirds can go away,” she gives the couple the judging look before turning back to little Daehan, “What should we do first?”

   “Swing Pang Pang!” Daehan exclaims.

   But that’s the first ride that she will ever get on whenever she’s with Sehun. It’s like a mini version of the spinning tea cup. Aish, you stupid, Choi Sulli! Why are you thinking about Sehun? This is just about you having fun now. Get him out of your brain already.

   “Okay, let’s go.”

   And off they go to the Swing Pang Pang.

 

 

“That was so much fun!”

   Sulli can’t agree more. Yes, Daehan got a little carried away and spinned the cup a little too fast but hey, it was fun.

   Suddenly, Daehan tugs on her shirt.

   “Noona?”

   Sulli looks down and asks, “What’s wrong?”

   “I heard from Luhan hyung and Suzy noona that noona is sad. I don’t know why but I want to make you feel better, noona.”

   Awh, is this kid serious? Why does he have to be so cute?

   “Hey, how can I be sad when I’m with you?” she asks.

   “Of course you’re not sad when you’re with me but you’ll be sad later on when you are not with me so, I have an idea!”

   Sulli’s eyebrows furrow. What is in the kid’s mind now?

   “What idea is this?”

   Daehan holds his chin with his thumb and forefinger, making the pose as if he’s in so much thoughts.

   “I’ll get you a single rose for every time you get on a ride with me!”

   “Wh-what?”

   “I said, I’ll get you a sing—”

   “I know what you said, kiddo. But what I don’t understand is, why?”

   Daehan shrugs, “Because I want you to enjoy this date with me and not be sad.”

   Sulli can’t help it. Suzy was Goddamn right! This little kid is a charmer. There’s no way she can say no to him. However…

   “That is really sweet, Daehan, and I really appreciate it, but there’s no way I can take your money like that, Daehan-ah. I’m not going to let you spend unnecessary money on me.”

   “Noona! How can you say that? I don’t mind spending my money on you!”

   “I know, but Daehan-ah, you—”

   Suddenly, without warning, Daehan starts wailing. Yes, you heard that right. Wailing. Not crying.

   “Hey, hey, don’t cry,” Sulli tries to coax but to no avail, he’s not stopping. People are starting to watch now and Sulli doesn’t have any choice but to just give in.

   “Okay, you can buy noona flowers.”

   Instantly, the wailing stops.

   “Good! Now let’s go to the flower shop and I’ll get you the flower,” he beams happily, the crying all but gone.

   Wow, this boy! Sulli has to admit, this kid really is impressive. A charmer and a darn good actor.

 

 

So that’s how their day progresses. Daehan will pick a ride, and right after, he will get her a rose. There is one weird thing though. Sulli can’t help but think that every ride he picks, it’s a ride that Sehun and her enjoys so much and never fail to ride on whenever they come here.

   But then again, a lot of people have similar interests so this must be just coincidence. Maybe the rides they always ride on are the top favorites among all of the visitors. And once again, stop thinking about Sehun, Choi Sulli!

   Now, they just got done with the Viking, which means that Daehan is dragging her towards the flower shop to get her the seventh rose. Daehan never lets her follow him into the shop and somehow, he had asked the florist in there to number each rose. She doesn’t understand what it’s for and when she asks him, he told her that he will tell her when they are done for the day.

   “Here you go, noona!” Daehan hands her the seventh rose.

   “Thank you, Daehan. Noona has to admit that I really am having a good time with you.” Sulli says, and she’s not even pretending. She really is having a good time.

   “It’s all my pleasure, noona! Now, there’s only one thing I want to do before we meet up with Suzy noona and Luhan hyung.”

   “Oh? What is that?” Sulli asks.

   Before Sulli can figure out what’s going on, Daehan immediately runs off.

   For a second, she just stood there but then when it hits her, what’s going on, she quickly runs after him.

   “Hey! Daehan! What are you doing? Hey! Come back here!” she yells but that kid shows no sign of stopping or even slowing down.

   “Daehan! When I come and get you, you’ll be so screwed! How dare you make me run! Yah, Daehan!”

   None of her threats scare the kid for he is not stopping at all, until he reaches the stage part of the amusement park.

   Sulli is about to reach him when suddenly, fireworks explode from behind the stage. About ten seconds later, the stage is lit up and five boys appear on the stage.

   What the heck is going on here? She was about to drag Daehan and leave when she sees the faces on stage. Wait, is that, Baekhyun? And Kyungsoo? And…Jongin, Chanyeol and…Suho oppa too? Aren’t they all Sehun’s dance team mates? What are they doing on stage?

   Just then, the sixth figure appears.

   “S-sehun?”

   Okay, this is so freaky.

   “Sulli-ah! There you are!” Suzy suddenly exclaims, appearing next to her.

   Sulli turns to look at her, “What’s going on now?”

   “Shh, just look on stage,” Suzy orders and automatically, her head turns towards the stage.

   “Hello? Testing, one two,” Sehun speaks into the microphone, attracting the nearby people. A crowd has started gathering around the stage now, trying to see what’s happening, when Sehun’s voice rings from the speaker again.

   “Hey Sulli,” he says, looking right at her. “This might be a shock to you and I hope you’ll stay to watch the performance until the end and I promise you, it will be worth it. Don’t you try to run away, Choi Sulli, because I know you would so I’ve specifically instructed that all the exits are guarded so that you are not able to escape.”

   Sulli rolls her eyes when she hears that but apparently, that makes the crowd laughs.

   Sehun quickly gets into position and two seconds later, the six of them start dancing and singing to a song called, “My Lady,” by EXO.

   Sulli cannot believe her eyes. This. She’s confused. She’s feeling too much at the same time now. Sehun’s right. She really feels like she wants to run but she can’t. It’s like her feet is glued to the floor. With each line of the lyrics being sung, she’s falling deeper and deeper.

   Is this for real? She pinches her arm and sure enough, it hurts. So this is real! Right after the song ends, Sehun proceeds towards the center front of the stage.

   “Do you still have the roses, Sulli?” he asks into the microphone.

   Sulli can’t help but nod.

   “Good, now you can rearrange it according to the numbers and line up the stems.”

   She does whatever he says, her mind still in a daze. And that is when she realizes that the stems have something written on them. She takes a closer look and when she tries to read it all, it says, “Do you want to be my lady?”

   “I think you can figure it out by now, what is said on the stems.”

   Without her realizing, Sehun already got off stage and is now right in front of her.

   “So, pretty girl,” he gets on one knee, holding a teddy bear that has “Sehun’s Lady” sewed on the front pocket, “what do you say? Yay, or nay?”

   However, to everyone’s surprise, but Sehun’s, Sulli knocks on his head and shoves his shoulder. He’s prepared for it so he manages to steady himself before he falls. Everyone else is in shock, thinking that he’s being rejected but he keeps smiling.

   One, two, three and … “Oh Sehun! Why did you do this to me?” Sulli pulls him up and hugs him so tight, crying into his shirt.

   “Silly girl,” he muses, hugging her tight and kissing the top of her head. He then pulls her face up so that she’s now looking at him and says, “This is a yes, right?”

   Sulli slaps his chest once. “Of cou— wait, what about Krystal? Why was she there and why were you hiding her from me?”

   “I swear to you, Sulli, that was all just a misunderstanding. I’ll explain to you later, but for now I need you to trust me. See,” he points in a direction and Sulli is surprised to see that Krystal is there too, and she’s standing next to Daehan, smiling and waving at her.

   “Wait, what is going on here?”

   “Sulli, just shut up and now tell me. You trust me right?”

   With the sincere way he was looking at her, she knows what her answer is.

   “Yes, I do.”

   Sehun’s face breaks into a smile, “Great, now I can do this.”

   And without wasting anymore time, he leans down and captures her lips in a kiss.

   The crowd erupted into hollers and cheers, but nothing else matters to them except the fact that now, they can say “The love of my life, is my best friend.”

 


A/N: I hope my subscribers from 2 years ago are still here with me. Okay, I know. I fail as a human being. I am really sorry for going missing for like 2 years almost? Tbh, I just couldn't find it in me to like kpop anymore. But the other day, I started watching Infinite again, and it just hits me that I'm supposed to be on asianfanfics. I have unfinished business here and I'm trying to finish it. Slowly guys, but surely, I will complete my stories, one by one. I will not start anything new until my current fics get done. But before that, I need to find my mojo first. I hope you're happy with this one. I really do. If it's bad, don't hesitate to tell me so, and where I can improve on. I feel like I'm starting from the bottom again now.