Understanding

Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

☆★☆ Understanding ☆★☆

 

It was hard to focus on anything after his close encounter with Chen at the door. No matter how many times he ran it through his mind Baekhyun found himself coming back to the same conclusion. Chen had wanted to kiss him too. At least, he was pretty sure that’s what he had seen in the other’s eyes. Then again, if the feelings had been mutual why had Chen avoided looking at him since then?

 

Even now as they rode back to their dorms Baekhyun couldn’t help but feel responsible for Chen’s decision to switch places and ride back in the other van. Even though he thought he had seen passion in the other’s eyes before his actions told a completely different story. For a moment at the photo shoot their friendship had felt normal again. Baekhyun felt a painful knot building in the base of his stomach as he realized he may have just crossed a line Chen wasn’t comfortable with. If he had been wrong and Chen didn’t like him then there is no doubt he would have felt uncomfortable after Baekhyun had been so obvious. While he had originally been aggravated with Sehun for breaking the moment, now Baekhyun found himself thankful to his dongsaeng. If Sehun hadn’t had said something he might have actually tried to kiss the other vocal. If just a look was enough to create this kind of tension between the friends an attempted kiss would have surely broken it for good.

 

As soon as they returned to the dorms Chen excused himself and went to bed saying he was tired. No one else seemed to notice but Baekhyun continued to wonder if he had done something wrong as the group settled down in the living room. Chanyeol was sitting next to Baekhyun but the tall boy was too busy talking to Kris and Tao to notice his friend was being quieter than usual.

 

It was Luhan who realized something was wrong. The Chinese vocal moved over and sat next to Baekhyun. Wordlessly he wrapped an arm around the other’s shoulder grabbing hold of Baekhyun’s attention. Instantly Baekhyun placed a smile on his face.

“Hey hyung!” Baekhyun said cheerfully. It took a moment before he realized the older boy’s expression wasn’t as gentle as usual.

“Ah, my cute dongsaeng, what trouble have you gotten into while I’ve been gone?” Luhan asked. Even though his tone was gentle and playful Baekhyun could swear he saw something darker in the boy’s eyes.

“Me? I never get into trouble hyung.” Baekhyun said, a faked innocent smile playing across his lips. It was really pointless to attempt looking innocent. Baekhyun had the kind of face that always looked devious no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter