Back.

The Promise


“It's been four years, four long years since I've been here.” Kim closed her eyes whispered to herself.

Kim Chiu. That's her name. a simple girl whose been through a lot these past couple of years.

Ladies and Gentleman have just landed at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport and we are now taxiing to the NAIA Centennial Terminal 2. Welcome to Manila! FOR your safety, please remain seated with your seatbelts fastened until the fasten seatbelt sign has been switched off. Please do not remove your carry-on baggage until the aircraft has come to a full stop. At this time, communication is still ongoing between the flight deck and the control tower. For this, may we request our passengers to please refrain from using your cellphones until after you have disembarked. Before deplaning, however, may we remind you to check your seating area for any items you might leave onboard. ON behalf of Philippine Airlines, Captain Fed Bartolome, First Officer Larry Pine, this has been Charmie, together with Rommel, Jeremy and Christine, thanking you for flying with us. It was indeed a pleasure to have you onboard and we hope to see you again soon on one of your future flights. AND for passengers with immediate connecting flights to international and regional destinations via Philippine Airlines, please proceed to the Transfer Desk at the Arrival Area for assistance and information regarding your onward connecting flight. ONCE again, from "Asia's First, Asia's Sunniest: Philippine Airlines", thank you and we welcome you to Manila!

“This is it Kim nandito na tayo woohoo I missed Manila!” Rayver Kim's cousin excitedly told her with a big smile plastered on his face. “Aren't you excited Kim?”

Kim still can't belive that they're here, in Manila after four years of being gone she forgot the feeling of how Philippines is like.

Aray!” Kim said out loud.

“Kim okay ka lang?” Rayver said as he tried talking to Kim who was looking outside the window.

“Ha.haa?” Kim managed to reply.

“Huy ano bang nangyayari sayo? mukhang hindi ka ata excited makabalik ulit dito sa Manila? ok ka lang ba? at tsaka bakit ang pula ng braso mo?” Rayver threw questions at her.

“Braso ko mapula?” Kim thought to herself. After a couple of seconds she recalled pinching herself in the arm for her to realize this is not a dream, this is true, its happening, she's finally back, back in Manila.

“Ah? ha?! Ay oo naman noh! excited na akong makabalik dito imagine four years! tagal kaya nun kasi sila mama at papa eh. at yung braso ko? wala natulugan ko lang siguro kaya mapula, ok lang ako okay na okay” Kim smiled to her cousin.

“Ayos tara na nakaland na tayo ng safe woohoo MANILA HERE WE COME

“Hehe sira wag ka masyadong excited Ray!” Kim pinched his cheeks as she got up her seat and grabbed her carry on luggage.

Once Kim and Rayver completely stepped out of the plane, they headed to the carousel and grabbed their baggage.

“Grabe Ray super init naman dito pinapawisan na agad tayo” Kim said as she wiped the sweat from her forehead.

“Oo nga eh pero masaya kasi nandito na tayo at kasi naman nasanay na tayo sa America puro nalang lamig, lamig lamig lamig”

“Oo nga eh tara na lika na dito na siguro sila Atchie nagaantay sa atin.” Kim smiled as she and Rayver walked through the exit with their baggage on hand.