...What?

Destined

YURI’s POV

 

I looked at all my friends as we all sat in the school bus.  They all had bags underneath their eyes, and seemed to continually yawn.  “Yah, are you guys fine?  Did that project of yours really keep you guys up long?”  I started to remember what happened last night.

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

It was late at night.  I was preparing to go to sleep, anxious at the thought of what would happen the next day at school.  When I get to see the one I loved.  When I get to see the one who supposedly loved me back.

 

Youngbae oppa.

 

I blushed a bit at the thought of just his name, knowing that he could possibly feel the same way I do.  However, those thoughts were pushed away when I heard Yoona scream in the living room.  “Chincha?!?!?!?!”

 

I rushed to the living room to see everyone else there as well.  “Yoong, are you alright?!,” Taeyeon unnie asked.

 

“A-ah-ahhh, neh.  Gwenchana.  But I just got a really important call from a classmate.  They told me of a project due tomorrow that Seohyun and I had to do.”  Yoona nudged maknae a bit.  “Right, Seo?

 

“N-ne-neh.”

 

“Unnies, can you help us out?”  We all nodded to Yoona’s question.  “Ahhh, Yuri unnie, you don’t need to help us actually.”

 

I was confused by her comment.  “Wae?!  Why only me?!”

 

“Because you must be really preoccupied with tomorrow anyways when you see oppa again,” maknae bluntly said.

 

I started to blush a lot again, and it increased when everyone started to tease me again.  “Y-ya-yah! I didn’t want to help anyways!  I’m going to bed!,” I said as I rushed to my room to avoid any more embarrassment.

 

[END FLASHBACK]

 

“Yaaaawn….neh, it took a while, Yuri-ah,” Sunny unnie answered after a yawn.

 

“The maknaes made us do most of their work, even though we had a hard time understanding ourselves,” Sooyoung said.

 

“Yah!,” Yoona said while Seohyun stayed quiet and just watched us talk.

 

“Yoong, quiet please!  Fany and I are still trying to get some sleep!,” Jessica unnie complained.

 

“…Yah.  We’re tired too,” Yoona whispered to me.  “So, Yul.  Are you ready for today?”

 

“Wh-what are you talking about?”

 

“With oppa?”  I blushed at the mention of Youngbae oppa again.  “C’mon Yul, you know that the both of you will be happy together.”

 

“I-I-I hope so.”

 

“See!  You were thinking it too!”

 

“Yoong, shush!,” all the unnies complained.  Yoona and I looked back to each other and shrugged.

 

*****

 

Literature class is, and always was, a drag.  All these writing techniques we have to remember and utilize, the practice essays we have to do every class, and the research papers we do every few months.  “Yul, are you coming to the lockers or not?

 

I got out of my thinking when Yoona asked that.  “…Neh.  Let me clean up first.”  After putting my stuff away, I got my bag and met up with Yoona at our lockers.  At that moment, I saw Youngbae oppa and Sunny unnie walking away from Yoona.  “Yah! Oppa!”  But they kept walking away, talking to each other, with unnie laughing with oppa.  “Yoong, where did oppa go?”

 

“We were talking, but Sunny unnie came by and told him that their teacher called for the both of them.  Something about unnie being his tutor during breaks starting soon.  Today, I think.”

 

“Looks like they’re being more than just a tutor and student,” I muttered.

 

“Aniya, looks like you’re being jealous over nothing,” Yoona teased.

 

“Wh-what are you talking about?  If Jiyong oppa was just lying to me, then how could I be jealous?  If Youngbae oppa likes unnie, then his supposed confession doesn’t matter,” I said, though I hoped that I was wrong.

 

“Mmmhmm, arasso,” she said as I opened my locker and stuffed some books in.  “Oh, unnie.  What’s that?,” she said pointing at something that fell from my locker.  A folded letter again.

 

“Another one of Jiyong oppa’s tricks?,” I said, still hiding my disappointment.  We unfolded the paper to see its contents.

 

~I like the beautiful glow in your eyes, the look you get when you’re happy, so don’t let those same eyes make you misunderstand what you saw, arasso?~

 

“Kekeke, see?,” Yoona said pointing at me.  “You are jealous over nothing, Yul.  Your blushing doesn’t help your argument either.”  I covered my cheeks and felt them heating up.

 

“Yah, this could just be a coincidence.  It doesn’t prove anything yet.”

 

“Mmmhmm.”

 

*****

 

My mind was still stuck on the letter that Youngbae oppa ‘supposedly’ wrote and stuck in my locker, but was it really just a coincidence?  Or another trick?  I don’t know what to believe right now.  I bumped into Yoona, which brought me out of my thoughts again.

 

“Yah, why are you so deep in thought so much now?!,” Yoona said as we once again returned to our lockers.

 

“Nothing.”  I opened my locker and there was another letter.

 

~I like the way you smile, so I want to become the one who makes you smile all the time.~

 

I couldn’t help but smile at his letter.  I hope this is true, oppa.

 

At that moment, Yoona and I heard laughter coming from down the hallway.  Oppa, Taeyeon unnie, and Hyoyeon unnie walking together; all of them seemed to be having fun.

 

“Yah.  You say you like these things about me, but you’re doing nothing else,” I muttered.

 

“What was that, Yul?”  I shook my head, saying no.

 

*****

 

Yoona and I got early to our math class, so we just started to rest a bit due to the long school day.  I was able to get some minutes of sleep before someone nudged me a bit when class started.

 

 “Yah, Yul.”  I looked up to the person who woke me up.

 

“O-op-oppa!  Annyeong!  I didn’t say anything weird when I was sleeping, right?,” hoping that nothing happened.

 

“Ani,” oppa responded.  I became calm and let out a small sigh of relief.  “But you did drool a bit, kekeke.”  He brought out a handkerchief and wiped my lips a bit before staring at them for a while.

 

“Y-yah!  Don’t mess around with me like that!”

 

“Don’t worry, Yul.  I like it when you act cute effortlessly, even when sleeping,” he said before handing me the handkerchief and starting to listen to the teacher.  I was in a trance, thinking of what just happened for the whole class.

 

All I knew was that I would need to copy Yoona’s notes again.

 

I was so deep in thought, that I hadn’t even noticed that oppa left class already.  I ran out the class to look for him and I saw him at the very end of the hallway, entering another room.  I quickly ran to that room to see him.  Hugging Sica and Fany unnies.  I heard him thanking them before pinching their cheeks and walking away.  I hid away from the entrance and looked where he was headed.

 

The rooftop.

 

I followed him quickly but quietly, as I was confused of everything he did today.  The letters, the handkerchief, his time spent with the unnies.  They don’t add up.  How is this supposed to be showing his love for me if he’s only spoken to me once and written me letters, but he seems closer to the unnies?!

 

When I got to the top, he was there standing, looking at the landscape of Seoul.  I rushed up to him and turned him around.  “Yah!”

 

“Yul?  What’s wrong?  You seem agitated.”

 

“Agitated?  Of course I’d be agitated!  I’m confused by your actions!  All these letters and sayings you tell me, saying you like this part and that part of me, but it doesn’t match up when you are spending more time with my unnies!” 

 

Oppa just continued to look at me.  “Why were you and Sunny unnie laughing together?  Why did you hang out with Taeyeon and Hyo unnies instead of me?  Why did you pinch Sica and Fany unnies’ cheeks?  I thought you liked my eyes!  I thought you wanted to make me smile!  I thought you adored my effortless cuteness!”

 

“I thought you liked me!”

 

“Ani.  I don’t like you,” he said sternly.

 

…What?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

What is Youngbae doing?  I thought he wanted to confess, not say that he doesn't like Yuri.  WTH?  I guess we all figure out his intentions next time.  :/

Leave a comment, upvote or sub.  Whatever makes you show your appreciation.  :D