Woohyun: You Don't, But I Do

Infinite Oneshots (7-in-1)

Haneul stood by the entrance of the movie theatre, impatiently tapping her foot. She casted a glance at her watch every now and then to check the time. *Where is he? He’s late!*

Just then, she spotted Woohyun amongst the crowd. He was looking around for her. “Yah! Nam Woohyun! I’m here!” Haneul waved, trying to get her best friend’s attention. Woohyun looked in her direction and with a smile on his face, he walked over.

“Sorry I’m late. I met Jooyeon on the way here,”Woohyun explained, gesturing to the pretty girl next to him. Jooyeon waved and Haneul smiled back. Jooyeon was their schoolmate and Woohyun’s hoobae.

“Would you mind if she joined us for the movie? I mean, it has always been the two of us and we could do with some company,” Woohyun grinned.

“Er… Sure,” Haneul replied, forcing a smile. Although she might be smiling on the outside, she felt hurt. They usually went together, just the two of them, to the movies and she liked it that way. She didn’t want to share Woohyun with anyone.

The three of them went to the ticket booth to purchase the tickets.

“What movie should we watch?” Woohyun asked as he looked intently at the list of movies that were currently showing.

“Oh! How about Final Destination 5? I have wanted to watch it for a really long time! Please?” Haneul pleaded.

“Psh! You and you’re obsession with horror movies,” Woohyun chuckled, pushing Haneul’s forehead slightly with his finger. Haneul felt her heart beating by his action and couldn’t help but feel slightly happy having his attention.

“Woohyun oppa, can we watch something else instead? I don’t really like horror movies. They give me nightmares…” Jooyeon shuddered.

“Hmm… Okay. Since you’re afraid let’s just watch…” Woohyun trailed, dragging his finger down the list once more.

“… How about 'Shrek Forever After'?” he suggested. Jooyeon smiled and nodded, relieved.

“But that show is for kids! Let’s just watch Final Destination 5. Pleasee!” Haneul protested, giving him her puppy dog eyes again. He had never rejected those eyes before.

“Let’s just watch 'Shrek Forever After' today, okay? I’ll watch Final Destination 5 with you another time,” Woohyun replied. Unwillingly, she nodded.

*Why is he so nice to her? I’m his best friend…* Haneul felt annoyed and jealous at the same time that he had given way to Jooyeon instead of her. Usually, he lets her have her way.

 

They bought their tickets and headed into the movie theatre. Woohyun sat in the middle while Haneul sat on the seat on his left, Jooyeon on his right.

“Woah… How could Rumpelstiltskin do that to Shrek? That’s so mean…” Woohyun grumbled. Haneul chuckled at her friend’s comment and turned to him to reply, but much to her annoyance, he was already happily chatting away with Jooyeon.

Feeling dejected, Haneul slouched in her seat and sat there bitterly, stuffing with popcorn to keep herself from noticing the two.

Throughout the whole movie, she just sat there silently, ignoring Woohyun even when he tried to talk to her.

 

When the movie ended, the three of them walked out of the movie theatre.

“Oppa, the movie was really nice, don’t you think so?” Jooyeon asked while throwing her cup of soda into the rubbish bin.

“Yeah! I think it’s so much better than Final Destination 5. Luckily we watched this,” Woohyun said, winking. Jooyeon giggled.

Upon hearing what Woohyun had just said, Haneul, who was trudging behind the two, stopped in her tracks. *Did Woohyunnie just say that?* She felt her heart shatter. She felt betrayed.

She just stood there, without making the effort to catch up with Woohyun and Jooyeon who were already quite some distance in front of her. They were still happily discussing about the movie and at that moment, she felt like she doesn’t belong.

*Turn around, Woohyun.* She hoped that Woohyun would notice that she wasn’t there and look around in search for her, but he didn’t. He just carried on walking, further and further until their backs became smaller and smaller.

She stood there staring at them. Crushed. A teardrop rolled down her cheeks. She quickly wiped it away with her sleeve. Silently, she turned around and left. She wasn’t needed anyway.

 

“Stupid Nam Woohyun! I hate you!” Haneul cursed as she picked up a pebble and threw it into the ocean. She went to the beach after leaving the movie theatre. It was her special place for venting her frustrations.

She hurled another pebble into the water and sighed. *I hate you for stealing my heart and ripping it to pieces.*

“Well, well, well, look who we have here,” Woohyun smirked as he took a sat on the sand next to her.

Haneul gasped in surprise as she turned to face him, then her face fell. “What are you doing here, Woohyun? Shouldn’t you be keeping Jooyeon company?” she said curtly, looking straight at the setting sun.

“How could I still have the mood when my best friend vanished suddenly without a trace?” he replied, poking her cheek.

*So he actually cares about me!* She felt a surge of warmth in her heart, but they soon disappeared when she realized that he referred to her as his ‘best friend’. Yeah, that was all they could be. Nothing more…

“B-Best… F-Friends…?” Haneul repeated.

“Yeah. Unless… You wanna be something more than that?” Woohyun answered, looking at her straight in the eyes. She could see his eyes twinkling. She looked away, blushing madly.

“No! I-” she exclaimed, but was interrupted by Woohyun.

“You don’t, but I do,” he said simply, and leaned in to give her a soft peck on the lips. 

 


 

Sorry for taking so long to update! Hope you like it! >.< Comments are greatly loved! :)