at three in the afternoon

Let's Talk

 

A bell door was ringing.

"Hyo-ah, please get the door. It may be the delivery man."

A girl with a blonde hair -- no, it's yellow, what a strange hair color -- get up from the couch where she lazily slouching reading a magazine

The bell door rang again.

"Hyo!"

"I got it. I'm already in front of the door, mom."

She swung the door open.

And there he was, standing in front of her door.

"Eh? Kikwang-ah, what's up?"

"Do you read my message?"

"What message?"

"I just sent you a message. About thirty minutes ago. Have you read it?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't read it. I left my phone in my room."

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing. Just reading some gossips."

He chuckled. She noticed they're still standing at her door.

"Well, do you want to come in or --"

"No, let's just stay here. I mean, let's talk on your terrace."

"Okay. Do you want anything to drink, or some snacks --"

"It's fine. Come. Just sit here."

They sat down. Hyosung took the left part of the bench while Kikwang sat on the right. Between them was a space that only Yoseop could fit in there.

"So, what's up? It's not like you came here out of the blue."

"Well, I am."

"What? Are you serious?"

"You didn't read my message! If you read it, you must know why now I'm here."

"Hold on, let me get my phone then."

"No! You don't need to. I'm already here anyway. Just treat me as your ordinary guest."

"Yeah, right. You know that 'you' and 'ordinary' didn't match well."

"It's not my fault I am that amazing." He laughed. She playfully hit his arms.

 

"How's your brother?"

"He's doing fine, I guess. They're taking off his cast this week."

"Send my regards to him, then. Finally he can use his right arm freely."

"Well, it's his stupid fault for texting while playing skateboard."

"He was replying your message, you heartless brother!"

"He could have stopped, you know."

"There's no point in talking what had happen, let alone talking in what should have been done in the past."

"Hey, chill out. I only kid, okay? What have he done to you that make you worked up by that? YA! You like him, don't you?"

"You're talking non sense. What is wrong with you today? Did something happen?"

"Nothing. Just trying to keep you entertained."

"If that was entertainment, then I'd spend my whole life being bored."

 

So they talked. They talked about a lot of things. They talked about their friends. They talked about their school. They talked about their hobbies, their favorite movies, their favorite’s dishes, recent affairs, their families, the new giant mall in town, some social issues and more. They talked and talked and talked more.

 

"So, what university are you applying?"

"Dongshin"

"Whoa, that's great. Good for you."

There was silence for a good five seconds. And then she giggled.

"What's so funny about me going there?"

"Nothing. I bet the ladies over there will go crazy once they see you there. You even will have your own fan club. Hahahaha." She laughed.

He raised his eyebrow.

"Poor ladies. They don't know the real you."

"I'm not that bad, you know. If I was that horrible, there's no way Yoona would agree to date me, right?"

"Yeah, point taken. Whatever you say, mister."

"Ya, you're not listening!"

 

"Have you watched 4 Minute’s new MV?”

“You mean ‘Freestyle’?”

“Yup. They got really matured in there. I like the song. It stays in your head.”

“And they got really pretty, you know.”

“I know! Especially Hyuna! Her tanned skin, wow! She just got ier, don’t you think?”

“I like her white-milky skin better.”

“Tch, boys. They never appreciate what girls do to adorn their appeal.”

“Well, it’s true. She looks better without that tan.”

“Hey, didn’t you like her? Aren’t you supposed to taking her side?”

“I do like her. But I’m an honest boy.”

“If you like her, you should accept her just the way she is.”

“Fine, I like her. Including her tanned skin.”

“Well, that sounds better.” She grinned.

 

"But the one I like is you."

"Heh. That didn't even catch me off guard."

"I'm serious."

"Eh??"

"Do you think I'd spend three hours here for nothing?"

"I thought you just need some companions."

"Geez, do you know how nervous I am? And you didn't even give me any proper reaction."

"Well, what kind of reaction are you expecting?"

"I don’t know. Maybe a shocked face with some blushes, or stuttering words that say you like me too, or a cry because you couldn’t believe that I like you, or a hug and later a kiss on the cheek. Just something normal girls would do."

"So, I'm not normal?"

"Yes, you are! Some girls would probably just swallow my confession wholly and nod their heads and quickly call her friends to tell their friends that they just get the jackpot."

"You and your confidence. Wonder why I even bother stick with you."

"Well, maybe you like me too."

"Seriously, Kikwang? Do you have any idea of what are you doing right now?"

"YAH! This girl! Do you know what I have been through today?! I tried, really tried to find the perfect timing to confess to you. But you keep on talking to me, not even giving me an uncomfortable silence. Do you have any idea of having a nervous heart for three hours?"

"Wow. I'm sorry. I didn’t know you were that nervous."

"Sorry accepted, as long as you accepted my feelings."

"What kind of agreement was that?"

"Just say your reply to me."

"Hmm, I don’t know what to say. I thought you still had something going on with Min."

"Min? Why?"

"I saw you gave her a message last month, saying that you love her forever."

"It was her birthday! And yes, I do love her forever, as a dongsaeng."

"How could I know? You two never told me what kind of relationship you had."

"Aigoo. Can we start over?"

"Start what?"

"My confession?"

"What for? I already know you like me. That wouldn’t make any difference."

"Ya, stop feeling so mighty. You would feel nasty once you start falling on me."

She shut . He was waiting for her.

"Well, I kinda do. No, I did. I once fell for you at the first time I saw you. You were so much more handsome back then."

"I never thought that you're the kind of person that fall for looks."

"No, I don’t. That's why my feeling vanished once I know the real you."

“No, you don’t. I still have a lot of things you need to know. You won’t believe how charming I am.”

"Aigoo. What should I do to you? You're so full of yourself."

He stared at her and lean his body towards her.

"You can love me. Make me happy everyday. You can say that you will never leave me. You can vow yourself to me."

"Kikwang-ah, that's too early, don't you think?"

He leaned closer.

"Kikwang-ah, you're too close."

He leaned closer.

"Kikwang-ah, stop."

"Stop what?"

"Stop this, you're confusing me." Her mind started to feel hazy. His presence this close was not good for her system.

"Why?"

"I ... I don't know."

"Heh, you're already fallen for me."

"Yeah, I think I did." It's amazing how he could make her confessed this easily.

"Hey, Jeon Hyosung, prepare yourself. You're going to have a handsome boyfriend that full of jealousy and way too over protective. You may lose all of your male friends and even female friends. This boyfriend of yours, he's going to have you for fulltime, 24/7 including holidays and special days. He's going to make you cry, hurt, scream, jealous, feel betrayed and abandoned. He's going to break your heart too often for your liking and you should forgive him every time he did. He's going to be the one that defined your life. How's that sound to you?"

"Well, it's not like I have any other option. Like you said, I already fell for you. It's too late to go back now."

"That's good. I'm not the kind of person that could take 'no' as an answer."

"Aww, I feel nasty already."

"Don't be. When you're with me, the only thing you should feel is happiness, ara?"

"Aigoo, look what you've done to me Lee Kikwang."

He just gave her his smug smile.

"So, what kind of girlfriend would you give me?"

"Huh? You mean me?"

"Of course, pabo."

She grinned cheekily. "You're going to have a girlfriend that would make you cherish your live to the fullest."

"Hmm, fair enough. Nice to meet you, girlfriend."

"Nice to meet you too, boyfriend."

They laughed.

 

"Hey, Kikwang-ah, if I read your message earlier, would this be easier for you?"

"I guess so."

"Okay, let me see." She got up from the bench and entered her house. Not long after, she already on the terrace.

"Ya, what kind of message is this?

Hyosung-ah, what are you doing right now?

I'm on my way to Dongwoon's house.

Hope you have a nice day~

xoxo

What am I suppose to deduce from this message?"

"Well, you didn’t reply it! I was waiting for your reply, you know?"

"So you decide to come here?"

"Yes! I miss you. If you reply it right away, I may not come here today."

"Was it bad thing? Me not replying you?"

"No, it's a good thing. You gave me a girlfriend."

"Your intention of coming here was to confess?"

"Yeah." He chuckled. "Do you know what made me decide to confess today? I was on my bike. On the way to your house, I made a deal with myself. I will go through every traffic light on my way. If I was okay and didn’t get any trouble, I am going to confess to you. And here we are now."

"What? Really? Why do you put yourself on such danger? You could die or going to the jail, pabo."

"Well, it was worth it. You were worth it."

"You can stop the sweet talk now. I'm already yours."

"You're unbelievable."

"And you love me too much to fuss about it."

"You cheeky girl."

"You cheesy boy."

 



 

Err... Did I fail? >.<