New Year Proposal

New Year Proposal - Hoya

Just getting out of the shower, you put on some ripped jeans and a black form fitting t shirt as your feet shuffled against the floor as you walked into your kitchen. Grabbing an apple the mid day light flowed into your apartment as you cut up your breakfast and put it in a bowl.

Washing your hands from the sticky apple juice, you dried your hands as a knock on the door grabbed your attention. Throwing the towel onto the island, you walked over to the door as you opened it up. A man with a white t shirt and some black jeans stood as he smiled at you.

"Hey beautiful." He breathed as you just smiled and chuckled.

"Hi, handsome. Come on in." You opened your door wider as he took off his shoes and you made your way over to the kitchen.

Picking up your bowl of apples you made your way over to the couch as you munched happily on the sweet breakfast. Hoya walked over and sat next to you as he rested his arm on the top of the couch behind you. Folding your legs under you, you hummed at the sweet taste as Hoya grabbed an apple from your bowl and put it in his mouth. Feeling the bowl move, you opened your eyes as Hoya froze and your eyes landed on his lips around the apple slice.

"Did you steal one of my apples?" You asked as he shook his head furiously with large eyes as you just giggled. "I guess that you could have one." You smiled as he grabbed another one from your bowl.

"Yah! I meant the one in your mouth silly." You playfully hit his shoulder as he chewed the apple happily.

"Thanks for the treat jagiya." He wrapped his arm around you and pulled you close to him. Both of you ate the apples in the bowl as you were full and Hoya was too. 

"Did you have practice today?" You asked tilting your head up to look at him.

"I did, but we got out early because it is New Years Eve." He smiled down at you as his fingers played with your dry ends as he kissed your head.

"Don’t you want to be with your family, instead of me?" You asked as you moved to look at him without straining your neck.

"Well, I would but then they would make me work at their restaurant. So hanging out with you seemed like a better option." He smiled as his arms wrapped around your reclined figure with your drying hair over his shoulder. His head rested against yours as he smelled your perfectly scented hair as his eyes fluttered shut.

"Just as long as your parent’s don’t mind me stealing you away from them." You joked as you ran your fingers over his.

"Well… they do have two other boys running around, so they can stay pretty busy." Hoya teased as you smiled and felt him take in a deep breath.

"What did you want to do today, since it is sort of a holiday." Your knees swayed from one side to the other as you smiled and looked at the couple ring that hugged his finger and yours that hugged yours.

"Whatever you want to do baby" He said in a breathy tone as you could tell that he didn’t want to go play outside or waste a lot of energy.

"Can you play some games with me?" You moved your head as your ear pressed against his chest as you heard a breathy chuckle come from his lips.

"You know I will beat you right?" He smiled as you shook your head.

"Today will be different I feel it." You said quietly as you moved out of his grasp. "You can choose the first game, let me clean up my breakfast then I will come over and join you." Hoya rolled off the couch as you shuffled over to the kitchen cleaning the cutting board, knife and bowl as you heard him trying to find a good game to play. Drying off your hands, you looked over as he sat on the floor and began to set up the game that you two would be playing first.

Moving your neck in every direction, you tried to see what game you two were playing but you couldn’t get a clue until you walked over and sat across from him.

Checkers.

"Ladies first." He gave you a sweet grin as you were red and he was black. Moving one of your pieces against the boarder of the board, he raised an eyebrow at your move.

"Well, this should be an interesting game with my smart girlfriend." Hoya remarked as he smiled and moved his piece.

As the game continued you piled Hoya’s chips over by your shoulder as you laid on your stomach. He had only a few of your pieces next to him as red conquered the board. Moving his piece into the corner, you were now surrounding him as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Aish how could I loose to a girl!" He mumbled loudly as you just smiled and cleaned up the game.

"Does the winner get to pick a game now?" You asked as he nodded his head, helping you put away the game.

"Hmmmmmm, how about Pictionary? You are good at that game." You sarcastically said as he rolled his eyes at you.

"Can I go first?" He asked bouncing his knees against his folded feet as you nodded. Taking the small white board you picked a card for him and he chose the purple line as he smiled. Hoya began to draw and you couldn’t see so you slid your head under his arm and rested your head in his lap as he smiled down at you.

"What? I couldn’t see with your big hand in the way." Your eyes moved over the picture as he kept drawing.

"Is it a bunny? Your purple sweater? A dance move?" You looked up at him as he shook his head with pursed lips as he smiled. "Ah my brain hurts." Your hands moved up to your forehead as they ran through your dried hair as Hoya moved one of his hands and placed it on your head gently petting your hair.

"Give up?" He tilted his head as he looked down at you, gently biting his lip. Nodding your head you looked up into his brown eyes.

"It’s you and me" He chuckled as he leaned down and kissed your head.

"We will need to work on your drawing skills." You chuckled as you tried to see how that was you and Hoya.

"Boys are supposed to be bad drawers." Hoya shot back as you giggled.

"How come the bests artists in the world are men then?" You looked up at him as his lips moved but no words came out as you just chuckled knowing that he had no answer.

"Alright, fine you win again." Hoya said as both of you drew for the rest of the afternoon.

As the sun began to fall, Hoya kept glancing at his watch as you looked at him, he looked a little nervous as his arm rested over your stomach.

"Is everything ok?" You asked as your fingers laced with his.

"Yeah, I just have a little surprise for you tonight and I wanted to make sure that we aren’t late." Hoya said as his other hand played with your hair twirling it loosely around his fingers.

"Why don’t we go now so you don’t get so nervous and we can be early." You smiled as he smiled and kissed your nose.

"Perfect." He smiled as you sat up, getting to your feet, he got up as well as you went into your room and grabbed a jacket. With a black trench coat over your black shirt, you pulled your hair out from under the coat as you slipped on some white sneakers as Hoya put on his coat and shoes.

"Ready?" He asked as you nodded, sliding your hand into his. Walking out of your building, he had a smile on your face as others came out of their homes as they began to walk in the same direction as you and Hoya. Excitement began to build inside of you as each step you too held an extra bounce.

"Someone’s excited" Hoya smiled as you nodded your head.

"Will you tell me where we are going?" You pulled on his arm softly as he just chuckled and shook his head.

"Please, I’m your girlfriend, you can tell me anything." You begged as he laughed and shook his head wrapping his arm around your waist.

"I can’t tell you this time, you will have to figure it out baby." He kissed your hair as you pouted and wrapped your arm around him too.

Following the sea of people with your eyes, they were headed to the bridge. Looking over to Hoya his face light up as he looked at the darkening sky. Moving closer to him, both of you along with many other piled onto a bridge that overlooked the Han river.

"Is this your surprise?" You looked at Hoya who put his hands on the railing of the bridge as he just gave a little nervous chuckle as he checked his watch.

"It’s part of it." He said as his head lowered and looked at you under his bangs as you rested your head on his shoulder with a smile. His hand wrapped around your shoulder and gently rubbed your arm. Checking your own watch it was a little past 11:30.

"Want to play another game?" You looked up at Hoya who nodded. "I spy with my little eye something that is bright and sparkly but can hide a lot that only one person can unlock."

Hoya looked around at first he thought it was the water but the second part that got him a little confused. “Can I get another hint?” The red tint on his cheeks made you smile as you nodded.

"Their brown and big" You giggled as your eyes moved from each of his as he bit his bottom lip gently.

"They’re my eyes aren’t they?" He asked as you nodded. "My turn"

Both of you played eye spy as the crowd around you got antsy. looking at your phone you saw that it was 11:57.

"It’s about time" You lifted your head from his shoulder as he nodded. People began to simmer down as Hoya unwrapped his arm from you.

Standing there, you slipped your hands in your pockets as you listened to the crowd around you count down. Surrounded by all the commotion you heard your name as you turned to Hoya, the smile on his face told it was time as he held your left hand and moved down to one knee. His right hand moved into his pocket as he pulled out his closed fist.

”_________, ever since I met you, you have been the light and the one person who understands me and comforts me, you made me smile and picked me up when I was down and there is no other girl more perfect in the whole world. Will you be marry me?” Hoya opened his hand and asked with his eyes twinkling under the low light as you heard the distant clock ticking to count to the hour as tears began to fill your eyes.

"I would love to" You said as Hoya carefully slid the ring on your finger as he wrapped his arms around you and you wrapped yours around his neck as he spun you around.

The people around you cheered  as Hoya set you on the bridge and pulled away as his thumb gently rubbed against your cheek. His chocolate eyes moved from your eyes to your lips as you both moved in and kissed as fireworks began to shoot into the sky. The kiss was filled with it’s own fireworks as he kissed you passionately, letting his grip only get tighter on you. As the new year and a new step in your life was about to begin with the love of your life.