Final

One Of These Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Of These Days ... 

 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes to be greeted only by the empty space across his bed. He could not stop from heaving a sigh and feeling the weight of disappointment that rushed through him. He told himself not to be so hurt from the feeling since this happens all the time and he should get used to sleeping alone but his inner voice whispered to him, telling him that he shouldn’t be so accepting. There was more to life than being complacent with the situation, accepting and giving without receiving anything back. He tried to shake those feelings and thoughts but more often than not they clung to him nowadays.

 

With a soft touch, his phone illuminated, displaying ‘2.30AM’ on its screen. He sighed again when he pushed himself off of his bed and went out to the living room. Feet padding softly towards the area where he found the missing person sleeping soundly on the carpet in front of the talking laptop; a movie was playing, while the television flickering colorful advertisements. Long limbs sprawled on the floor, deep in slumber even when the position looked awkward and he was sure the man will have his muscles knotted everywhere.

 

His heart softened at the sight of his sleeping partner. Kyungsoo missed him so much but he was not sure whether it was worth it anymore. There was still love, yes, that was definite but he doubted whether it was infinite as he had thought in the past. His mind told him to leave the man and let him sleep and be damned waking up tomorrow feeling sore everywhere. He deserved it because he left Kyungsoo alone and sad, preferring the cold hard floor than his warmth and company. But his heart told him to try and coax the slumbering man to join him back on their bed. It was too big to sleep by himself and it was lonely; very, very lonely. So, he tried, the heart always win anyway eventhough most of the time the fragile thing ended up broken over and over again.

 

“Yifan … Yifan. Wake up! Come to bed with me. It’s more comfortable there” he called out softly trying to control his mounting annoyance when he did not get any reaction from the sleeping man besides some sleepy grunts and snorts. So, he tried waking the man a bit harder by light taps on the forearms but again there was no reaction. He felt irritated by the unmoving man and felt the urged to just kicked Yifan with his bare feet, be damned with it but unfortunately Kyungsoo was never one for confrontation.

 

He hated his phlegmatic self so much.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter