Of Distraction and Whatnot

Of Distraction and Whatnot

 

Jongin thinks maybe his day cannot get any worse. He promised Kyungsoo that he would come on time, nine in the morning sharp, yet he set his desk alarm wrongly and waking fifteen minutes late after eight is not a good idea. It was also said that the weather would be bright today but heck, it’s the total opposite. Jongin is making his way to the Italian restaurant that has been Kyungsoo and his favorite but then the rain pours down heavily. Not bringing an umbrella is an addition to complete his ‘ed up day’.

It is half past nine and he just arrives at the said restaurant. He sighs loudly as he enters the restaurant with completely soaked clothes. It’s not a nice outfit for your first anniversary date but he cannot go home and make Kyungsoo waits for him even more. He thinks it will only ruin the mood.

Kyungsoo is sitting on their personal favorite table, which is on the fourth row from the entrance door. He smiles to himself, admiring his boyfriend from the back. He places a hand on his chest and tries to control his nervous heartbeat. He slowly makes his way to the table and prepares for what he wants to say first. An apology.

                “Kyungsoo, I’m terribly sorry! I know I’m late but things came up! I woke up late and then it’s raining outside! I’m really sorry. I swear I didn’t do it on purpose baby.” Jongin finishes his ramble and Kyungsoo just looks at him with his wide eyes. Jongin is glad to see his boyfriend’s expression. At least, he is not mad at him and their special day will be filled with cheesy pick-up lines from Jongin and shy responses from Kyungsoo.

                “Oh, and happy first anniversary, Kyung baby!” Jongin beams and places a small kiss on Kyungsoo’s left cheek. But the older stays quiet and it makes Jongin worried. Even though Kyungsoo is the quiet type, he will not be this quiet around Jongin unless there is a reason behind it.

                “Kyungsoo, are you mad? I’m-“

                “No, Jongin. It’s alright. I’m sorry but, I don’t think I can be with you anymore.”

Jongin is stunned for a moment there. He shakes his head and laughs nervously, it sounds so fake and both of them know it. “Baby, I don’t know if you like to joke around. I know you want to punish-“

Kyungsoo stands up and stares at Jongin right into his eyes and sighs. “I’m really sorry, Jongin. I’m not joking.”

                “N-No no hyung this is not funny. I don’t want to hear any more jokes from you!” Jongin whines and acts like a cute kid even though he notices that his tears start to fall down his cheeks. He shakes his head as he feels that his heart is clenched, it awfully hurts.

Then there comes a soft whisper from Jongin when Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything. “W-Why…”

This time, Kyungsoo doesn’t dare to look at him and throws away his face to the other way. “I-I think it’s better for us to separate. I don’t think I’m happy anymore. I don’t think we are happy with this. I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo heaves out a deep sigh before grabbing his belongings and turns to leave but Jongin is fast enough to grab him on the wrist.

                “I-Is there someone else?”

Kyungsoo shakes his head and mumbles, “Good bye.”

               

Jongin thinks it’s unfair. It’s unfair how he has done many things and will do everything to keep him happy. It’s unfair how Jongin always thought they could last forever yet their relationship ends this way. It’s unfair how everything ends on their very first anniversary.

Life is cruel, Jongin learns that.

 

It has been a week and his older sister finds that Jongin acts different lately. The whiny yet gentle Jongin is like gone in the thin air. Jongin always flirts with the boy next door, Baekhyun and the magenta haired guy only gives him a small shy smile. One time, his sister saw him kissing Baekhyun on the lips when he was drunk and the guy quickly pushed him away with embarrassed face.

His sister doesn’t want him to hurt anyone’s feeling and he doesn’t want his little boy to get hurt either. So he decides maybe calling Sehun will be a great idea to give Jongin a little company and distract the tanned boy from the heartbreak he feels.

 

It’s Friday when Jongin’s sister invites Sehun over. Sehun arrives at six in the evening and Jongin is the one who opens the door once the bell rings. “Sehun? Why are you here?” Jongin is surprised to see his closest friends slash best friend to stand right in front of his door since Sehun never visits his house during holiday.

“Is that a way to greet your friend?” Sehun snorts and Jongin just shrugs his shoulder as he waits for an answer.

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Aren’t you going to let me in first or what?” he asks with his usual monotone and Jongin moves backwards, giving him a space to come inside his warm and cozy house. Ah, Sehun misses Jongin’s house’s warmth since he feels like it’s his second home already. Especially Jongin’s mom and sister treat him like a family member.

“So, why are-“

Suddenly, Jongin’s sister comes out of the kitchen, running to Sehun and gives him a hug with her apron still on. She smiles widely. “Welcome, Sehun!”

Jongin shakes his head at his sister for interrupting his question. “Noona,” Jongin calls and it makes his sister turns to him with a grin. “I invite him over!”

Jongin frowns. He always tells Sehun whatever happens to him, even when he meets some cute and lost puppies during his morning walk to school. But he is not ready to tell Sehun about what happened to him and Kyungsoo. He is not ready to let his friend see his crying face (not that Sehun hasn’t seen Jongin cried) because once he remembers about it, his legs feel like they can’t support him to stand anymore.

Jongin loves Kyungsoo way too much.

But it doesn’t matter anymore. Although he wouldn’t mind to repeat the sentence over and over again, it won’t change anything. Kyungsoo is not here. Kyungsoo is not his anymore.

“Kim Jongin!” his sister’s voice makes him startled. He shoots her a look before walking grumpily to the kitchen when his mother calls for dinner.

The dinner goes well and pretty loud since Jongin’s sister is loud and keeps talking to Sehun, making Jongin rolling his eyes at the two. His mother also cooks Sehun’s favorite dish, which Sehun is thankful for it.

After the dinner, Sehun helps Jongin’s mother with cleaning the dishes before following Jongin to his room upstairs. He also misses how Jongin’s room smells. The somehow-like grape scent is always there.

Jongin throws himself to the bed, sighing loudly while Sehun sits on Jongin’s desk, in front of Jongin’s laptop. He turns it on and then turns his attention back to Jongin. “Tell me.”

Jongin raises his eyebrow at him and asks, “What?”

“Something happened, I know, for sure,” Sehun replies slowly with his usual bored expression. Jongin sits up and leans on the wall as he eyes the ceiling. “I don’t know…”

Sehun glances at his friend for a moment then gets up to sit next to him on the bed instead. He waits for Jongin to reply but he doesn’t. He leans on Sehun’s shoulder and Sehun doesn’t stop him. He doesn’t know when he starts to hear Jongin’s quiet sobs either but what he knows is he will be there for Jongin. He has all night for Jongin to cry on his shoulder.

 

In the next morning, Jongin feels that his eyes are really heavy to be opened, totally swollen. Sehun chuckles at the sight of his messy friend and pushes him in to the bathroom to wash up. Sehun plans to ask him to hang out and have fun with him.

Jongin agrees to go with Sehun since he doesn’t have anything to do anymore but of course, Sehun asks him to buy him his favorite cup of chocolate bubble tea in the very morning. Jongin sighs and lets himself being dragged by the younger.

“Go and order,” Jongin says grumpily and Sehun just grins cheekily then lines up with Jongin next to him. When it’s Sehun’s turn to order, Sehun smiles a little to the lady and orders his usual bubble tea.

Jongin chuckles a little. Sehun is the kid who doesn’t smile a lot but once he does, Jongin admits it’s really good to be looked at. Sehun turns to him and frowns. “Jongin!”

Jongin looks at him and raises his brow. “Yeah?”

“Pay it for me,” Sehun mouths him and Jongin nods. He immediately takes out his wallet and withdraws an amount of money then hands it to the lady.

“Thank you for ordering!”

 

They decide that their used to be favorite hanging place for all time, Baskin Robbins will be their next place to visit. Jongin honestly hasn’t hung out with Sehun lately. For the past months, he had been focusing himself on Kyungsoo- no one else.

Jongin misses the place. From how the place hasn’t changed at all, how warm the workers are, how their usual table is still on the very corner but most importantly, it’s how he spends his time eating ice cream until getting brain freeze together with Sehun.

It’s so much fun that Jongin hasn’t done in awhile now.

“One Blueberry Cheesecake for me and… Jongin?” Sehun turns to Jongin who is still in awe. Jongin nods and orders his favorite, “Chocolate Almond, please.”

After getting their desired ice cream, Jongin quickly points at their table. Sehun nods and follows Jongin who seems to change his mood already. He is happy to see that his friend’s mood has lit up a bit.

They end up telling each other stories during the boring holiday. Some are funny like how Jongin slipped and fell during his dance practice and was laughed by everyone and some are just random stories like about Sehun just bought a new Xbox since his previous one was broken or about Sehun visiting his grandmother in Busan.

“Ah, I miss your grandma. The last time I saw her was two years ago! I miss her dishes too,” Jongin says and eats his last scoop and Sehun nods in agreement. “You should come too when I’m visiting her then.”

After Sehun finishes his ice cream, Jongin suggests watching a movie will be good. Sehun doesn’t mind and without wasting time, he drags Jongin off from Baskin Robbins to the mall. Jongin laughs. It’s really fun to see Sehun acts younger than his age sometimes.

“What are you laughing at?” Sehun frowns and Jongin shakes his head. Sehun just shrugs and chooses a random horror movie but Jongin immediately laughs at him, again.

“Y-You are kidding me right? You can’t stand horror!” Jongin says between his laugh.

Sehun rolls his eyes at him. “Let’s see who will hide behind my shoulder!”

Sehun lines up to order some popcorn and coke. When he is about to take out his money, Jongin suddenly hugs him from behind. He has his chin on Sehun’s shoulder, lips close to Sehun’s pale neck and his arms are wrapped around his waist.

“What are you doing…?” Sehun mumbles and Jongin chuckles as he sees his friend’s reaction. He decides to play a little more; teasing the younger will be fun.

“I’m sorry for saying that,” he apologizes in his playful tone but Sehun quickly pushes him away.

“Jongin, it’s not funny.” Sehun growls and gets his popcorn then passes Jongin’s to him. Jongin laughs a little to himself. He is thinking of using his flirty side with Sehun for a little more.

Turns out that Sehun still hasn’t gotten over his fear of horror movies and ghost stories. Jongin laughs. Sehun will never change. He turns his head to Sehun and then pulls Sehun’s face to look at him instead.

“You can look at my handsome face. It will ease your fear away,” Jongin jokes.

Sehun shakes his head and turns to the screen, forgetting the scary scene in front of him. Jongin tries to hold his laughter and keeps it inside.

He never knew that spending time with his long time best friend actually feels this nice.

 

Jongin and Sehun walk home when the time shows it’s already late. They don’t want to make Jongin’s mom worried and get bombarded with questions about where they were going and what were they doing. Jongin’s mom can be so protective even if it’s only Sehun who hangs out with his son.

Before they reach home, Sehun stops by a small stall. The smell is the one who catches Sehun’s attention. It’s the smell of green tea, which is his favorite tea other than bubble tea. Sehun smiles and orders a cup of tea for himself. Jongin who stands next to him just watches Sehun’s cute facial expression. Jongin doesn’t want to admit that Sehun is really gorgeous. No, no. Telling your guy friend gorgeous is just weird as he wore pink dress during Valentine Day because of Kris’ dare.

“Yah Jongin, you want some?” Sehun asks and nudges Jongin’s arm.

Jongin shakes his head. “No thanks. Let’s just go home,” he suggests and Sehun agrees, making their way back home. It’s such a tiring day, really but it’s worth it.

 

 

Sunday comes with both of them having an ugly pair of eye bags under their eyes. They were so into their movie marathon last night and not noticing that they went to sleep at five in the morning. Now they have to wake up because Jongin’s mom has been calling them for breakfast.

Jongin yawns and turns to Sehun, shaking his body lightly while rubbing his eyes softly. “Sehun dummy, wake up,” Jongin says softly in his sleepy tone. When Sehun doesn’t budge, Jongin slaps Sehun’s a little hard that makes Sehun yelps a bit.

Sehun forces his eyes to open and looks at Jongin and groans. “The hell,” he mumbles and rubs his eyes.

Jongin laughs and slaps Sehun’s again playfully, earning a glare from Sehun. “Come on, breakfast is ready,” Jongin mumbles and gets up from his bed. Sehun just nods, follows him out for breakfast.

The breakfast is totally quiet. There are just the three of them since Jongin’s sister is leaving earlier with her friends. Since Jongin’s mother is not the talkative type and Sehun and Jongin are too sleepy to argue with each other like how they usually do, that morning feels so peaceful.

“Jongin, I have some things to fix in my office. I will be back at five,” his mother says as she stands up, grabbing her coat and puts it on her. Jongin just nods his head, doesn’t bother to reply. He just mumbles a low ‘take care’ to her and watches her as she leaves the door.

“So Sehun, what do you want to do today?” he asks as he eyes Sehun who just finishes his toast and brings his plate to the sink.

Sehun merely shrugs and turns to him. “Not in the mood for video games so…”

                “Let’s go out then,” Jongin suggests and Sehun cannot disagree. He has no better idea anyway.

                Sehun says he has a good place to show Jongin. Jongin is curious but Sehun never tells. He just tells him he knows this place from a friend and Jongin is going to like it. Jongin doesn’t ask anymore and Sehun drags his friend to the said place.

                Sehun smiles as they stop in front of a cozy looking restaurant. Sehun, who has let go of Jongin’s hand for a minute, takes the boy’s hand again and drags him inside.

                In the other hand, Jongin is stunned. He reads the name right. It’s the Italian restaurant; that certain restaurant Kyungsoo and he would visit every week.

                Jongin is silent for a moment until Sehun asks him if he is alright. Jongin nods weakly and smiles. “We just ate, Sehun. I’m full.”

                Sehun shrugs. “We can have some morning snacks.”

                If only Sehun knows.

                Jongin follows Sehun to a table at the corner and Jongin is already sulking. Sehun furrows his eyebrows in confusion and asks, “What’s with that ugly face?”

                Jongin smacks his arm and Sehun laughs. “But seriously though, what happen?”

                “No, it’s just-“

                “Jongin?”

                Jongin looks up to see the wide eyed boy he used to see every single day. It’s Kyungsoo and Jongin really wants to drag Sehun out right at this moment.

                “H-Hi Kyungsoo-hyung.”

                Kyungsoo gives him an uneasy smile then turns his gaze to Sehun who is looking at them blankly. He smiles softly to Sehun and Sehun smiles back. It’s been awhile since they last met.

                “Hey Kyungsoo-hyung.” Sehun waves his hand slightly and Kyungsoo nods.

                “Nice meeting you guys again but I have to go,” Kyungsoo mumbles. Jongin glances at the man who is approaching Kyungsoo slowly, wrapping his arm around his waist.

                Ouch, it hurts.

                Sehun sighs as the two leave. He doesn’t see this coming.

                “Let’s go somewhere,” Sehun breaks the silence.

                Jongin shakes his head. “No, Sehun, you just ordered.”

                Too late, Sehun has called the waiter and pays for the bill then tells him to give the snack to the old lady that is sitting in the first row.

 

Jongin thinks maybe Sehun likes dragging people so much. He has been dragged for round fourty minutes and Sehun still doesn’t want to tell where they are heading. Sehun just gives him a cheeky smile, which he think it’s cute but he quickly brushes the thought off.

                “Sehun, seriously, I’m tired,” Jongin mumbles, taking his fifth stop in the middle of the sidewalk in front of a pet store.

                Sehun shoots him a glare. “Oldie,” he comments and sticks his tongue out when Jongin playfully hits him on the back.

                “Come on, we are near.”

                Jongin just has to bear with Sehun’s stubbornness.

 

Jongin gawks. Sehun brings him to… amusement park? He faces Sehun who has a grin on his face and he runs to locket to buy two tickers for them. Jongin wonders what Sehun is thinking to even bring him there.

                “Come on, Jongin! I’ve missed this place!” Sehun shouts as he waves his hands excitedly. Jongin laughs and scoots closer, following Sehun entering the amusement park where memories are created since Sehun and him were still toddlers.

                “So… what do you want to try first?”

 

Both never realize that it’s getting pretty late by the time they get off their last ride. Too bad, the rain starts to pour down and Jongin is glad that Sehun brings at least an umbrella with him. Even if they have to share, it’s better than to be home with completely soaked clothes because they cannot bear with Jongin’s mom nagging.

They make it home before eight and Jongin can sigh in relief. His pants are wet but his upper clothes are still perfectly dried. He looks over Sehun and wonders why Sehun’s clothes are all drenched.

                “Sehun how did you-“

                “Come on, I’m shivering,” he mumbles and opens the door, walking into the house. Jongin follows him and sees his mom is already sitting on the couch with his sister, probably watching The Heirs again.

                “Mom, we are home.”

                His mom just nods and Jongin brings Sehun to his room. He instantly takes a towel and helps Sehun in drying his hair. Sehun says he can do it but Jongin insists. Jongin is worried over Sehun who is still shivering. He cannot help but notice that the boy is getting even paler.

                “I will get you some hot chocolate,” Jongin mumbles and throws the towel to the bed and heads out of his room to the kitchen.

                And the night is spent with Jongin taking care of Sehun because the younger ends up catching a cold.

 

                “Jongin, I’m not a baby,” Sehun whines as Jongin has already put the spoon in front of his lips.

                Jongin shakes his head stubbornly. “Seriously Sehun, you are sick. I mean, I wondered why you were drenched when the umbrella is big enough,” Jongin grunts and forces his best friend to open his mouth.

                Sehun mutters a few things that Jongin cannot hear then takes the bowl of porridge in his hand and says, “I can feed myself.”

                Jongin rolls his eyes. “Fine, just make sure you eat all of them until the bowl is clean,” he nags.

                Sehun chuckles a little. “Sounds like my mom.”

                Jongin wants to pour the porridge to Sehun’s beautiful little face.

 

 

It is only a few days before school starts again. Sehun has gone  home, says that he needs to prepare for school but Jongin thinks maybe the younger just make up a reason in front of his mom so he won’t feel like a burden. Heck, Sehun is a total lazy , according to Jongin’s point of view.

 

Monday comes real fast, at least faster than Jongin wants it to be. He groans as he realizes that it is time to go back to school. And school means meeting Kyungsoo more often then he wants. Jongin scoffs at the thought of Kyungsoo and another man that day. He keeps saying to himself that he needs to get over it.

                He finds that Sehun joins him and his family for breakfast that morning. The first thing he asks Sehun after he sees him is his condition, does it get better and has he drank his medicine yet and Sehun will only roll his eyes at him. Jongin thinks maybe he really sounds like an annoying mother.

               

Or maybe more like an overly worried boyfriend.

               

Jongin shakes his head and starts chopping his breakfast.

 

Jongin hopes he won’t meet anything too burdensome in the very morning because the sun shines pretty bright and he expects it to be a good start but it says otherwise. The first thing he sees in the morning is Kyungsoo, and him.

                “Good morning Jongin,” Kyungsoo greets him with a little smile.

                Jongin can only fake another smile. “Hey hyung,” he replies flatly.

                “You come earlier than you usually did,” he comments with a chuckle to be added later on.

                Jongin nods. “Uh, yeah. Sehun comes over and I think he sets my alarm to ring earlier,” he mutters and curses Sehun but then he thanks the blonde boy that he comes back from the toilet because his conversation with Kyungsoo will be awkward if Sehun is not there to help him.

                “Oh, hello Kyungsoo hyung!” Sehun grins and waves his hand a little.

                Kyungsoo’s smile grows wider. “Hey, Sehun. You have grown taller!”

                Sehun laughs. “Oh I wonder why.”

                Kyungsoo nods. “Yeah you are a little taller than Jongin now, I think. Oh and Suho, this is Jongin and Sehun, my friends and this is Suho, my boyfriend.”

               

Ouch.

               

                Suho nods and gives them his hand and Sehun shakes it first. “I’m Sehun.”

                “I’m Suho,” he replies, with a kind smile.

                Suho then looks over Jongin and offers him his hand. “Hello, I’m Suho.”

                Jongin shakes his hand with a soulless expression. “Jongin,” he replies shortly and quickly puts his hand back in his pocket. Sehun sighs.

                “Uh, I’m sorry hyung but we need to give our assignment to Ms. Jung this morning. We will go first!” Sehun reasons and Kyungsoo and Suho nods. Sehun quickly takes Jongin’s arm and drags him off to their class.

 

Sehun sighs again as he has to drag Jongin to his seat too. The guy has been spacing out a little. Sehun grunts in annoyance and throws him to his seat.

                “You still like him, don’t you?” Sehun asks and crosses his arms.

                Jongin looks up to him and shakes his head. “No…” he mumbles. “I love him.”

                Sehun takes the seat next to him and says, “You know Jongin, breakup is life’s nice way to tell you that they are not the one.”

                Jongin shakes his head. “No, you don’t understand, Sehun. I love him, so much.”

                “I know, Jongin. I understand but you can’t always be like this.”

                “No, you don’t, Sehun. You never even date.”

                “Doesn’t mean I know nothing,” Sehun replies a little too harshly.

                Jongin wants to apologize for what he said when he notices the change of Sehun’s voce but Ms. Jung has already entered the classroom and Sehun has his flat expression again. Jongin thinks he really needs to treat Sehun something later.

 

After school, Jongin asks Sehun if he wants to go over that bubble tea shop around the corner of the block that Sehun loves to visit but Sehun quickly rejects, saying that he needs to go home fast for tuition.

                Jongin frowns. “Since when did you get a tutor?”

                Sehun simply shrugs. “Since today, I think.”

                Jongin frowns deeper. “But… why? I mean, your grade is fine.”

                Sehun sighs. “My Mandarin . Mr. Zhang gets Luhan to teach me.”

                Jongin tries to recall someone with the name Luhan but he cannot. He must have not known about this guy yet. “Who is Luhan?”

                “My classmate in Mandarin class.”

                Jongin just nods. Sehun looks over someone coming towards their way and waves his hand to him. “Hey, Luhan,” he says.

                Jongin immediately turns his face around since he was back-facing Luhan before. “Oh,” Jongin mumbles to himself.

Luhan is too beautiful to be a guy. He has a pink hair and cute sparkling eyes. Jongin feels something is going on with his stomach. He doesn’t like the feeling.

                “Should we go now?” Luhan asks and Sehun nods.

                “See you tomorrow, Jong,” Sehun mutters before leading Luhan off to their house.

 

Jongin has gained a strong dislike towards Luhan. He doesn’t like the pink haired guy because Sehun has been hanging out with him lately and when they are at school, either Luhan will join their table or Luhan will drag Sehun to the library to study.

                It’s finally Friday. Friday means no tuition for Sehun and he can finally ask Sehun to go and have a bubble tea with him because he still can’t get over that conversation from last week.

                He takes out his phone and dials Sehun’s number and waits for a few seconds until the younger picks up. “Hey brat,” Jongin casually says.

                Jongin can feel Sehun is rolling his eyes over the line, which makes him chuckle a little. Sehun then flatly asks, “What do you want.”

                “Let’s go for bubble tea. I’m treating you.”

                “Um…”

                Jongin hopefully waits for Sehun to answer.

                “Alright.”

                Jongin has a dumb smile on and tells him that he will go over Sehun’s house first.

 

Jongin makes his way to Sehun’s house which is only a few houses away from his. He knocks on Sehun’s door, to be greeted by Sehun’s mom. “Oh, hey Jongin!”

                Jongin smiles and bows slightly. “It’s been awhile since I see you, auntie.”

                Sehun’s mom chuckles and nods.  “True,” she adds. “Come in, Jongin.”

                Jongin instantly shakes his head and answers, “No, it’s alright! I will wait for Sehun here.”

                A few seconds later, Sehun is seen in his plain white t-shirt with his favorite black jacket and a beanie. “Oh you are here already,” Sehun says.

                “Yeah, we will be going first, auntie.”

                “Take care, kids!”

 

Jongin has been smiling all the way to the bubble tea shop and it makes Sehun wonder why but he doesn’t bother to ask because as Jongin’s longest friend, he has known that his friend is pretty much  a weirdo so smiling for no reason is acceptable. The walk is totally silent. Both say nothing but they like it that way. Jongin doesn’t know why but hanging out with Sehun makes him feel a little more relief.

                “Princess should go first,” Jongin says in a teasing manner as he opens the door for Sehun to walk in first. Sehun rolls his eyes and mutters a few things like ‘what princess’ and ‘you ’ but decide to not fight about it even though being called princess is annoying to Sehun.

                “So, the usual?” Jongin asks and waits for the younger to reply or at least nod his head since Sehun has been ordering chocolate flavored bubble tea for the past months but this time, he shakes his head.

                “Nah, I will try taro.”

                Jongin frowns. “Whoa, it’s a bit… unusual.”

                Sehun nods his head and taps his chin. “Luhan said it’s good.”

               

Oh.

 

                Jongin ignores the statement and purchases a chocolate cup for him and a taro one for Sehun. He then leads Sehun to their usual table and heaves a deep sigh, which gains the younger’s attention.

                “So, something is wrong?”

                Jongin furrows his eyebrow. “No, why?”

                Sehun sips his taro bubble tea and places the cup back on the table. “It’s just weird that you treat me for bubble tea,” he answers.

                “Hey I usually treat you too!”

                “True,” Sehun replies. “But you are being weird nowadays. Spill,” he says sternly and Jongin shakes his head stubbornly. He doesn’t mean to hid something from Sehun but he, himself cannot explain why he doesn’t like his best friend for seventeen years hanging out with Luhan.

                He is not being selfish, he tells himself because he is okay with Sehun hanging out with Chanyeol and Jongdae. Now, in this case, Luhan is involved and it’s a whole different story.

                Jongin feels like exploding.

                “You are spacing out,” Sehun mutters lowly.

                “No, I’m okay. I just… missed you…?” Jongin says slowly.

                Sehun tries to process what he just heard and ends up erupting into a loud laughter. “Oh, seriously? Kim Jongin missed me?”

                Jongin shudders at the thought of liking his annoying friend.

 

Sehun notices that it’s getting dark and he stands up to leave. Jongin follows him afterwards and they make their way to Sehun’s house since Jongin insists on walking him home. Jongin doesn’t know what’s going on with his messy mind lately but he wraps his arms around Sehun’s waist and puts his chin on Sehun’s shoulder.

                Sehun is startled and gapes.

                “W-What the heck, Jongin?”

                 He thinks flirting a little with Sehun will be fun and distract him a little, although he knows there will be change in their friendship. “Hmm, you are warm,” he mumbles and kisses Sehun’s neck again.

                Sehun is too weak to push him.

                “Jongin, don’t.”

                Jongin doesn’t listen and plants a few more kisses on Sehun’s neck and murmurs some incoherent words that Sehun doesn’t catch.

                Sehun, after a few seconds of gaining courage, pushes Jongin away and says, “Don’t get my hope high, Jongin.” He smiles weakly before turning his head around and walks off a little too fast, leaving a dumbstruck Jongin.

                Wait, what?

 

The next thing Jongin knows is they haven’t talked to each other for a few days. Jongin doesn’t dare to give him a call nor text him and Sehun doesn’t either. Even when they are at school, Sehun tends to avoid Jongin. Jongin doesn’t really mind since he also needs to clear up his mind too but what he minds is, Sehun is always with Luhan, again.

                He once again feels the same thing he felt when he saw Kyungsoo and the other guy.

                But this is Sehun, Oh Sehun, his bratty best friends since kindergarten and he thinks it’s impossible to fall for his own best friend. It’s… weird, it feels weird, it sounds weird, it’s totally weird and the thought terrified him in some ways or maybe Jongin is just in denial.

                “Akh!” he grumbles to himself and leans his back on Sehun’s locker. He can see a figure coming towards him, which he finds is Kyungsoo. Jongin is surprised that he doesn’t get nervous or those uneasy feelings when Kyungsoo is approaching him.

                “Jongin? What are you doing?” Kyungsoo asks as he opens the locker next to Sehun’s. Jongin almost forgets that it’s Kyungsoo’s locker for a moment.

                “Uh, I don’t know.”

                Kyungsoo smiles kindly. “You are confused, aren’t you?”

                Jongin looks up to him. “I guess,” he replies with a sigh.

                Kyungsoo places his hand on Jongin’s shoulder and gives him a little pat. “You know what, Jongin? Don’t make him wait too long.”

                Jongin stares at him in amusement. “What- what do you mean?”

                “You like Sehun, don’t you?” Kyungsoo asks

                Jongin doesn’t know what to answer this one so he looks away and shrugs. Kyungsoo chuckles and adds, “Then you shouldn’t let go of him. Don’t wait for me Jongin.”  Kyungsoo’s voice becomes a little hoarse and Jongin turns his head back to Kyungsoo and it’s now Kyungsoo’s turn to look away.

                Jongin thinks maybe Kyungsoo is right.

                He maybe has no feelings towards the older any longer.

                Either it’s slowly disappearing or totally gone, he still thinks Sehun does a good job in helping him doing it.

                “You are right,” he mumbles and Kyungsoo nods at him.

                “Good luck, Jongin.” Kyungsoo grins and gives him a ‘fighting’ sign and Jongin grins back at him.

                “Thanks a lot, hyung,” Jongin says and pulls Kyungsoo for a friendly hug before waving his hand to the older as he is slowly walking away. He needs to find Sehun.

               

Jongin stands in front of Sehun’s door. He has planned a scenario in his head while walking to Sehun’s house. He will ring the doorbell and someone will open the door. If it’s Sehun’s mom, he will ask her to call Sehun and if it’s Sehun himself, then it will be so much easier for him. Then he will hand Sehun a chocolate bubble tea he bought earlier before arriving at Sehun’s doorstep and he just needs to confess his heart out to the pale skinned male. Yes, as simple as that. It’s pretty easy, he thought but heck, not everything goes as planned, right?

                By the time Jongin is about to ring the bell, Sehun opens the door first. Jongin gulps. “Uh, hi?”

                Sehun frowns. “What are you doing here?”

                Jongin rubs his nape and sets his eyes on anything but Sehun. “I… don’t know? Um, never mind. Bye,” Jongin stupidly says and is about to turn around and leaves but Luhan’s voice from inside stops him.

                “Sehun, I’m going home now,” Luhan says sweetly to Sehun and Sehun nods, replies him with a smile.

                Jongin watches Luhan walks pass him, heading to the gate. He glares at Luhan for a moment. Once Luhan disappears, he turns around to Sehun and Sehun stares at him in confusion. “What?”

               

Jongin’s legs are shaking but he manages to stand still and voice out the thought that has been bothering him for the past weeks. Here we go.

 “Sehun, I like you.”

                Sehun is silent for a moment before he laughs, “Jongin, it’s not funny. Don’t joke around-“

                Jongin shakes his head in frustration. “No, no. I like you. I thought… it was fun to flirt with you at first but I swear I feel something funny going on in my stomach. I have never felt this way. Not even when I was with Kyungsoo hyung.”

                Sehun gapes but says nothing.

                “Sehun, please believe me! I’m sorry! I like you, I like you, I like-“ Jongin is unable to continue when he feels Sehun’s lips on his. Sehun has his eyes closed and his arms wrapped around Jongin’s waist. Jongin slowly finds he is melting into the kiss and shuts his eyes slowly.

                “You… you better not say this is one of your pranks,” Sehun says breathlessly right after he pulls away. Jongin’s lips curve into a wide smile and he shakes his head. “This is definitely not a prank and you are so cute so can I kiss you again?”

                Sehun smiles, which Jongin thinks it’s really cute and it’s too much for him to take so he smashes his lips on Sehun’s without waiting for any confirmation.

                Sehun is undeniably cute. Jongin’s heart has fluttered too much in a day.

 


 

ugh dis is so ty. omfggg guys comment pls.