Remember Me

Lovers in Paris

“Yah, Choi Summer!” Jessica yelled over the music.

Sooyoung whipped her head around as Jessica grabbed her by the shoulders, “What are you doing out here when your party’s inside?”

“I appreciate that you are throwing this amazing sweet 19 birthday party for me, but I-I’m just not in the partying mood. Besides, I barely know anyone here,” Sooyoung pointed out.

“You don’t need to know anyone here; they all know who you are!” Jessica laughed, “Everyone knows model Choi Summer!” Sooyoung rolled her eyes; Jessica was over selling her again.

“I’ll be fine out here, why don’t you go in and enjoy yourself,” Sooyoung suggested.

After contemplating it for five seconds Jessica told her that she’d just pop back in for ten minutes and come right back. Sooyoung smiled, knew that she wouldn’t be seeing Jessica for hours. Sooyoung turned back towards the balcony railing, looking over a beautifully lit view of the city.

“Hot,” she heard someone say as he came to stand beside her.

“Excuse me?” Sooyoung turned.

“I-I was referring to inside… the club,” he said with hands out, as if to show physically that he meant no offense.

Sooyoung smirked, “Yeah.”

“Hi, I’m Chansung,” he said, offering his hand.

“Summer,” Sooyoung smiled, noticing that he was new to France by his accent, she pulled him close and kissed both sides of his face.

Chansung cheeks turn a slight rosy, “Vive la France (Long live France)! …Wait so you’re the birthday girl?”

“Yup, that’s me,” Sooyoung said, smiling that she proved Jessica wrong about everyone knowing who she was.

“Why aren’t you in there partying it up?” Chansung asked.

“I don’t really know… It’s hot in there, I don’t know half the people on the guest list, or maybe I’ve just matured; I am a year older now, you know,” Sooyoung listed.

“In that case, do you want to get out of here?” Chansung asked sincerely. Sooyoung hesitated, not sure what he was playing at. “I heard of a great French bistro a couple blocks away and need someone to translate for me,” Chansung smiled, “I don’t want to say something offensive by mistake and have the waiter spit in my food... Say what, you translate for me and I’ll buy you dinner for your service.”

Sooyoung smirked, “Alright, but I eat a lot.” Chansung just smiled as he held out his hand for her.

-7 Months Later-

Sooyoung awoke in Chansung arms.

You have to tell him… “I know,” Sooyoung told herself, closing her eyes tightly as she nuzzled her head into his chest.

“Hm,” Chansung croaked as he opened one, “good morning, baby.”

“Morning,” Sooyoung smiled, looking up at him.

“Are you ready to spend the whole day together?” Chansung grinned.

“Yup, cleared my schedule just for you; I’m all yours!”

“Good,” Chansung kissed her forehead.

Chansung walked her to her favorite café, they strolled down Avenue des Champs-Élysées, ate lunch at the same bistro that they went to when they first met, and drove to the beach.

“Summer, close your eyes,” Chansung said as he took her hand, leading her into an empty chapel beside the beach. “Open.”

When she did her eyes instantly filled with tears. Chansung was knelt in front of her, holding a small box with a cyran stoned ring, “Will you marry me?”

Sooyoung collapsed to the floor crying,“I… I can’t.” 

“I-I don’t understand,” Chansung said in shock, “Don’t you love me?”

“There’s something…” Sooyoung couldn’t get herself to look at him, “You need to know.” Chansung looked intensly at Sooyoung, “My name is Choi Sooyoung… of the Choi Group in Korea…”

Chansung’s eyes widened. Sooyoung… as in the heiress to the most powerful family in Korea… as in the Choi heiress who has to continue their tradition of marrying within her family… the Choi family that can wipe out his father’s company with a snap of their fingers…

(If this confuses you please reference the forward to this story: The Choi Family)

“Why? Why did you play with me?!” Chansung yelled in anguish as angry tears flooded his eyes.

“I didn’t play with you! Chansung I love you…” Sooyoung cried.

Chansung couldn’t handle the information he had just heard, shooting a hurt glare at Sooyoung, leaving the car keys with her, he left.

-5 Days Later-

Chansung never returned to their shared apartment since the day that he found out about Sooyoung’s background.

Summer, I saw Chansung… He’s at Club Noir…

Sooyoung grabbed the first taxi she could, pushed through the crowd at the club hectically ‘til she spotted Chansung. He was standing against a wall, arms wrapped around a strange girl, their body upon the other… even their lips. Chansung’s eyes flickered up and met Sooyoung’s; they were so cold. They were over.

A couple days later Chansung ran to pick up a passed out Sooyoung after received a call from a bar. When he arrived he found her asleep. Chansung lifted her into his arms.

“Chansung… forgive…I love…” Sooyoung slurred subconsciously.

The next morning Sooyoung awoke in her bed, a note from Chansung was left on her nightstand.

My Love Summer… Sooyoung,

           I have come to forgive you; however, we both know that we can't be. Stop drinking to forget, drown sorrows, or hate one’s fate, but instead remember our happiness and reminisce of the time we had together. This is goodbye.

Your Ex-Lover,

Chansung

The next day Sooyoung packed her bags and flew back to Korea... Leaving behind Summer Choi to fulfill her duties as Choi Sooyoung.