20140214

Euphoria (All!Jong)

This is the same story as in my MyungJong Series!

Word count : 3,326 | Italicized = Thoughts | Grey = Flashback


“Oh Valentine’s Day.” Myungsoo said as he walked down towards his locker with his hands full of gifts from hopeful girls alongside with his best friend, Howon.

Myungsoo attends a prestigious private school that acts like a college. The students live on campus and have different schedules based on what they plan to pursue. Although it is a private school, the rules are not strict and the teachers and staff connect great with the students and listen to their suggestions, making it the most sought out private school to go to.

“Every year, you get the most gifts. I’m jealous man. Got someone in mind?” Hoya questioned as he held his own pile of gifts and goodies. Both men were a walking pile of pinks and reds.

“I think so. You know that girl Yoona? Yeah, she’s almost my type of girl.” He replied. “It though that everyone always forgets I hate sweets.”

“How do you always get so many gifts? It’s our second year here and yet you always get the most gifts.” Hoya muttered as he eyes his friend who was struggling with all his gifts. A few more minutes and they were at their lockers.

“Cause I’m good-looking, unlike you.” He teased. “But you know what I noticed this year? No guys gave me anything. I guess I made it clear last year when I didn’t even acknowledge them, especially that Sungjong kid.”

“Yeah, I guess…” Howon said, remembering what Myungsoo did last year.

-

Valentine’s Day 2013

Howon and Myungsoo were eating lunch and happily talking while girls surrounded their table in hopes of getting picked for Myungsoo’s Valentine. As Myungsoo was busy talking with a certain girl, a fair looking boy timidly walked up to Myungsoo, holding a small black box of homemade cupcakes. The table suddenly got quiet, making the boy even more nervous.

“Um, hi uh, Myungsoo. I…I hope you will accept my gift!” Sungjong stammered before holding out his box. He felt himself sweating from nervousness from all the eyes that were on him.

Myungsoo stared at the boy in front of him with a blank face. After an awkward moment of silence, he took the box and stood out of his seat. He opened the box and was surprised to see the delicious looking cupcakes that looked like they were made from a professional. Too bad he doesn’t like sweets. He looked up and stared Sungjong in the eyes. “Did you make these yourself?”

Sungjong blinked.  “Ye…yes. I’ve been taking extra classes in the baking course so I could make these…” His face was slowly turning red as his hopes started to rise.

Myungsoo took one ate before biting one. He had no reaction. “Well that’s too bad. You shouldn’t have wasted your time. These. Are. Disgusting. I have never tasted anything so vile in my life.” Myungsoo set the box down on the table before taking the cupcake and smashing it on top of Sungjong’s head. Everyone around burst out laughing. Sungjong felt his heart crumble and hung his head low in embarrassment. “I don’t think you’ve noticed, but I’m not like you. A sissy little . Screw off.” Myungsoo waved him off before turning around and talking with his followers. Sungjong wiped off as much off his head as he could before walking away dejectedly out of the cafeteria as tears streamed down his face.

Howon stared, shocked to see Myungsoo react like that. He never did that to any of the other guys who tried to give him gifts. He felt extremely bad for the kid. He eyes the box of cupcakes before taking one for himself. When he bit into it, his mouth exploded with delicious sweetness. Why would Myungsoo say such awful things?

“Dude, Myungsoo that was ing harsh. And what do you mean his cupcakes are terrible? These are amazing. I mean, I know you hate sweets but not enough to say such ty things.” Howon questioned with slight annoyance.

“What’s it to you? You know I don’t roll like that. I don’t even know him and I don’t want to.” Myungsoo said with no remorse at all before going back and flirting with his followers.

Howon couldn’t believe his ears. They were friends for a long time and never has he seen Myungsoo act such like a little before. Not wanting to be near him for the moment, he decided to go find the boy. He left the cafeteria before walking down the quiet hallways, wondering where the kid could be. After walking for 5 minutes, he walked past the bathrooms when he heard faint crying. He pushed open the door quietly before making his way down to the last stall that had its door slightly open. He peaked inside and saw the pink head that was covered in frosting and crumbs. Suddenly, the boy lifted his head at the sudden presence and Howon’s heart broke when he saw how distraught he looked, also noting how familiar he looked.

Sungjong gasped when he noticed Myungsoo’s friend standing in front of him, eyeing him down. Great, he sent his friend to make me feel even worse. However, he was surprised when he pulled him up into a sudden hug. He was shocked and confused at the action when Howon whispered in his ear. “I’m sorry for that. Please forgive him and don’t listen to what he said. Those cupcakes were delicious.”

Sungjong felt more tears well up in his eyes before gripping strongly onto Howon’s back and crying hard into his chest. Howon could feel how hurt he was as he held him tight, feeling his body shake as he shirt soaked up his tears. Not knowing how else to comfort him, he decided to gently his hair, hpeing to calm him down. Within five minutes, Sungjong stopped crying, but still held on tight to him for comfort. After another minutes, he pulled away.

“I…I so sorry you had to see that. And I’m also sorry for your shirt. Please forgive me!” He gave a deep bow. “Th…thank you for comforting me. I’ll be leaving now. Sorry for taking up your time.” Sungjong gently pushed past Howon before he called out to him.

“Wait! What’s your name? You look so familiar.” Howon asked.

“Lee Sungjong.” And then he left the bathroom right as the school bell rang.

-

After that encounter, Howon tried his best to secretly meet with Sungjong, trying to figure out why he looks so familiar. One spring afternoon, he asked Sungjong to meet up so they could talk at the local park. To his surprise, Sungjong accepted. That day he learned that Sungjong goes to every sports game Myungsoo and him play in. He also watches all their dancing and singing performances they do. But the story that brought back the memories was when it was a really rainy day and he and Myungsoo had no umbrella. Sungjong told him how he sometimes follows them and noticed on that particular day, they needed help. So, Sungjong gave his umbrella to Howon and he walked home in the downpour. He caught a bad cold the following day, but he was happy it was him and not Myungsoo.

As Howon listened to all the stories, he noticed how in love he was with Myungsoo by the way he spoke and blushed. He found him cute whenever he blushed from over-sharing. That day, Howon felt his heart flutter for the kid.

-

Myungsoo opened his locker and a pile of letters fell out. He sighed before picking them all up when one letter caught his eye. It was a black letter with his name on it written in a golden ink. He opened it up and saw that it was a black letter written in beautiful gold ink from Sungjong.

-

Hello Myungsoo ♥

I hope you have a special Valentine’s Day and please eat plenty of delicious foods. Although I do hope that your heart can change and you can finally accept my feelings. Please be my Valentine!

Love SJ

-

Myungsoo felt his heart flutter for a moment before he threw the letter into the trash before stuffing everything into his locker. Why…Why did my chest feel like that for? He’s just a stupid . He doesn’t know when no means no. It’s alright. You just feel bad for him. That’s when Myungsoo had a brilliant idea pop into his head to finally rid of Sungjong from his life.

“Hey Hoya, where can I find Sungjong? I have something to ask him.” Myungsoo smirked. Howon eyed him, not liking the look on Myungsoo’s face but told him where Sungjong’s class was. “Thanks. Catch up with ya later!” Howon decided to keep an eye on Myungsoo and followed him secretly.

-

Sungjong was staring outside of the window as he waited for the bell to ring. Suddenly, he saw a familiar body standing behind him in the reflection of the window. He turned around and was shocked to see it was Myungsoo. His heart started to beat fast as he wondered what was going on.

“Hi Sungjong.” Myungsoo smiled sweetly at him. “I was wondering, would you like to be my Valentine?” He handed him a rose that he took from one of his gifts.

Sungjong could not believe his eyes or ears. All he knew was that after all the waiting, he finally got what he wanted. “Ye…yes!” He replied happily, a bright smile plastered on his slightly pink face. Other girls in the room started to whisper to each other wondering what Myungsoo was doing and why they chose a boy over them.

“Great! I am so happy! I will pick you up at the front gate after school. Wait for me okay and I’ll pick you up then.” He smiled before leaving the room.

Howon who watched the whole thing happen was shocked yet concerned about Myungsoo’s actions. However when he saw how happy Sungjong looked, his heart did flutters. He saw Myungsoo turn around to leave the room, so he made a dash towards his class before Myungsoo would notice him.

-

By the time school ended, the news about Myungsoo asking Sungjong to be his Valentine spread around the school. Sungjong walked down the hallways, ignoring the stink-eyes being thrown at him. Nothing can ruin this day for me. He gripped his special gift he made for Myungsoo that was wrapped delicately in a black cloth. This time, he made sure not to make anything sweet for him in hopes of not repeating what happened last year. He finally stopped at the front gate and waited patiently for Myungsoo. He couldn’t help the smile that was plastered onto his face.

However, 10 minutes have passed the clouds started to block the sun and turn a deep grey. The smile on Sungjong’s face faltered slightly but h still waiting obediently for Myungsoo.

-

30 minutes later

“Myungsoo?? What are you still doing here at school with Yoona?” Howon asked when he made his way into his shared dorm with Myungsoo.  “I thought you were supposed to meet Sungjong half an hour ago!?”

“Well, I wanted him to finally leave me alone so this is my way of getting rid of him. I mean he’ll figure out sooner or later that I won’t be coming and leave. He’s such a pain.” Myungsoo scoffed before flirting back with Yoona.

Howon looked outside. The dorms, especially their room, had the perfect view of the front gate. He spotted Sungjong Standing there still, waiting. Suddenly, it started to rain. It started to come down slowly at first, but then it started pouring down. Flashbacks of the one day where Sungjong gave them his umbrella came to his mind and he started to worry when he remembered Sungjong saying that he got sick so bad that he missed a week of school. “Myungsoo! It’s pouring! At least go out there and tell him that you aren’t really going on a date with him.”

“No. Just wait five minutes. He’ll leave soon. Besides what has he ever done for me? I don’t care what he does as long as he stays away from me.”

-

“I should have brought my umbrella today.” Sungjong whispered to himself as he put Myungsoo’s gift under his clothing, trying not to get it soaked. “He’ll be here soon. Probably just has some work to do.” Sungjong shivered as a gush of wind blew by. To pass the time, he watched puffs of breath come from his mouth. “Soon…”

-

“Myungsoo! It has been a hour and a half since you left him there! Why the are you treating him so badly?” Howon was losing his tempter. He couldn’t stand how Myungsoo was acting.

“What has he ever done for me? Why should I care about him? He’s just an annoying, sissy .” Myungsoo hissed as he made his way to where Howon stood, next to the window overlooking the gate.

“I guess you wouldn’t know because you’re a ing ! Did you know he goes to ALL of our games and performances to support YOU? He always hides in the shadows because of how badly you treated him last time, yet he still loves you and supports you. He buys all of your pictures you take. No one buys them, not even your followers but he did because he knows how happy you feel when you sell them. Remember that one really cold day and I had a container of hot udon soup that you ate in 5 seconds? He made that himself! You know what else? Remember last year when neither of us had an umbrella when it was pouring and I suddenly had one? Sungjong gave us that so we wouldn’t get sick. And guess what happened to him? He walked home and got sick for one whole ing week just so you didn’t have to suffer. Last Valentine’s Day when you made him feel like and embarrassed him in front of your followers, I comforted him because he was so ing distraught because he spent so much time with your present to only have you reject it. I’ve never seen your stupid girl friends’ make something as great as that. Yet he still loved you. I met up with him to ask why and every time he talked about you, he said it with love and passion. The only time he has ever approached you was that day and yet you act like he has been bugging you your whole life! You are such a homophobic er who can go rot in hell. Our friendship is over!” Howon yelled out at Myungsoo. “And the fact that you are making him stand in this whether makes you the biggest er I have ever known.” Howon pointed to where Sungjong was standing. They both look towards the gate when they noticed Sungjong was lying on the floor. Howon gasped before rushing out of the room.

Myungsoo stood frozen, eye’s wide from his friend’s outburst. Has he really done all that for me…? He stared outside and watched as Howon made his way towards Sungjong’s body.

-

Please Sungjong be alright. Stay conscious please! Howon was sprinting through the campus to the nurses office with Sungjong’s soaking, limp body. His skin was icy cold and his lips a light purple. Sungjong was panting heavily and his body shook. After what seemed like miles of running, Howon found the nurses office and quickly helped get Sungjong out of his soaking clothes and into the warmth of the bed. Even with all the blankets surrounding him, his body still shook.

“Nurse, you can go if you want. I’ll watch over him. Please enjoy your Valentine’s Day.” Howon said to the nurse. She smiled lightly before leaving.

I have to make him warmer. Howon thought before finally making up his mind. He lifted the covers to where Sungjong lay and hugged Sungjong tightly in hopes of transferring his heat to the boy. As time passed, Sungjong started to feel warmth envelop his body and cuddled closer t the warm heat source. Howon smiled as he brushed the pink bangs away from his eyes before kissing the crown of his head and drifting off to sleep.

-

Myungsoo stood quietly outside the door, watching the two. His chest constricted in a weird pain watching Sungjong in his friend’s arms. He slid the door close before making his way back to his dorm. “Why…Why do I feel like this? I don’t care for that kid. I have noticed how he is always at my games and performances, but he likes my photography too? When I told him I’d take him out and he smiled, it made my heart flip. I’ve never seen a smile so big and bright before. And last year, his cupcakes where delicious even though I hate sweets…” Myungsoo suddenly stopped when he saw something wrapped in black on the floor. He picked it up and looked at the nametag. It says it’s for me… He unwrapped the soaking wrapping paper and opened the lid of the box. Inside was a bunch of stickers in the shape of noodle bowls along with a note.

  • I know how much you love udon noodles, so my gift to you is my homemade udon soup! There are 100 stickers and each one is a ticket for my udon, so spend them well! I spent the rest of the school year last year learning how to make udon from local shops. I hope you enjoy! ♥ SJ

 

Tears suddenly started to fall from his eyes at the sudden realization. He immediately turned around and made his way to the nurse’s office. He slid the door open loudly, causing Howon t wake up. Howon quietly got up from bed before walking out to the hallway.

“Get the away from him and me.” He hissed.

“Let…let me talk to him, please!” Myungsoo sobbed.

“ off you prick! You think you can just suddenly realize all he’s done for you and jump into his arms? No. Leave before I beat the out of you, and you know I can. Oh, and I’m requesting for a room change so I don’t have to see your disgusting face ever again.” Howon yelled at Myungsoo. He felt no remorse for him. The look on Myungsoo’s face pleased him before turning around and going back to Sungjong. Howon leaned against the door, smiling when he heard footsteps retreating. His focus turned back to Sungjong, who was surprisingly sitting up in bed, staring at him.

“Did you hear all of that?” Howon asked in a calm tone as he made his way towards the bed and sitting on the edge. Sungjong nodded. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t bare the way he was treating you. Even if he was my best friend, I was tired of how he was acting. I hope you can forgive me and…” Before he could finished, Sungjong hugged him tightly, arms wrapped around his neck.

“Thank you.” Sungjong whispered into his ear before leaning over and kissing Howon on his lips. After a few seconds, Howon pulled way, face flushed red.

“Um, Sungjong… You’re and the blanket fell off.” Howon stared at the ceiling while pointing to the blanket on the floor. Sungjong let out a yelp before scrambling for the blanket and wrapping himself tightly with it. Howon let out a sweet chuckle before wrapping his arms protectively around his frail body. “If you give me a chance, will you be able to fall in love with me?”

“I think I already have.”

“I promise I’ll take care of you forever.” Sungjong leaned against Howon’s chest and they both stared out the window, watching the rain fall.

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you.”