Final

I Love You

you smiles to herself, sitting in a corner, reading a book she borrowed from the library that day. It was a romantic comedy book. She couldn't stop laughing at how funny the young couple was in the book. It reminded her of herself and her own boyfriend, Nam Woohyun. He was perfect for her, and she was perfect for him. Turning on the heater, you anxiously waits for Woohyun to return from work.

Just then, the door opens. As usual, a loud shout came from downstairs, "you ah! Oppa's home!"  you smiles, forcing her eyes shut. She was too lazy to head downstairs to welcome him, so she decides to be playful, and pretends to sleep. Woohyun sighs, and shouts again. "Yah, you ah, I'm home!" There is no movement.

Woohyun smirks, taking off his shoes. He rushes up the stairs, searching for you. "you ah! How could you not have any respect towards your own boyfriend?" He pouts cutely, "Do you know how excited I was to see you again?"  you doesn't move, but curls into a smile. She was satisfied.

"Yah!" Woohyun lightly pushes you from behind, before he starts to tickled her. First she squeals, then begs him to stop. Woohyun laughs, continuing to tickle her. "That's what you get when you try to fool me! Hahaha!" you continues screaming his name, until they both finally get tired. They both lay back on the bed and sigh. 

"Oppa, how long will our love last?" you asks, looking up at the ceiling. Woohyun shrugs and turns to her. "How long do you want it to last for?"  Immediately, you smiles at him, "Forever!"

It was the only answer she would give him whenever he asked her a question like that. "Forever is a long time, isn't it?" she asks, hugging Woohyun's arm. Woohyun nods, keeping her in his arms. They fell asleep like that, hoping their love would really last forever.

***

The next day, you and Woohyun went on a date together, and ate icecream at the ice cream palace in Hongdae. Customers of the shop would always look at them and smile in envy. Where could you find such a good looking couple like that? They sweetly fed each other icecream, not noticing the people around them at all.

After eating icecream, they had a stroll around the park. They ended their day by going to Lotte World, riding on every ride.

***

Months pass, and Woohyun arrives home from work. He smiles, taking off his shoes. Today was you's birthday, and he had come home a little late, since we went to buy a cake for her from a cake shop. Since it was last minute buying the cake, it took some time to make it.

"you jagiya!" he calls her name from downstairs, like he always did. Again, there was no reply. Woohyun smirks, rushing up the stairs. "you jagiya! You don't want to play with me!" He searches around the house, and does not find any clue of her. Where was she? Woohyun was getting very worried, so he called her best friend, Seohyun.

"You didn't know?" she whispers from the phone in a quiet voice. "This morning, after you left for work, she went to the hospital to have surgery on her brain tumor. The surgery failed, and so.....did her heart. I'm so sorry, Woohyun-ssi, but... you died today."

Woohyun was in shock. He didn't believe what Seohyun said. He hangs up on her, searching for the diary that you would always write in. He read the last diary entry,  where she wrote about wanting to spend more time with Woohyun. 

Woohyun cries in pain, holding the diary against his chest. "you, why didn't you tell me? Why was I so stupid?! Jeon you! I love you!" 

Woohyun throws the rings in his pocket at the wall, while sobbing. His heart was hurting, and the only person who could fix it was not there. Anymore.