Books and Tea

Books and Tea
Kyungsoo loved to read. He decided that the minute he picked up a random book in kindergarten. He stopped reading picture books in first grade and moved on to longer books with smaller text. 
 
The other students envied Kyungsoo. They hated watching him get praised and win all of the awards. That was why he never had any friends. 
That was okay for him though. He didn't need friends because he'd rather read books. He was always too shy anyway. 
 
Every day, Kyungsoo would go to the park in his neighborhood and sit on the bench under the giant oak tree, just beside the fountain. The sound of the water always calmed him down. 
 
After school, Kyungsoo would arrive at 3pm and sit in his usual spot, pulling out a book to read. Afterwards, he would go home and take care of his mother since she was too sick to take care of herself. His father was always out working to help pay for the bills. 
 
It's been like this for him for four years straight. He's in high school now and he doesn't plan on changing his daily routine anytime soon. 

Kyungsoo shut his book silently in class, sniffling quietly before wiping his falling tears with the sleeve of his uniform. He had just read a tear jerking story about a male who had anterograde amnesia. It had become one of Kyungsoo's all time favorites. 
 
The school bell ringing, he quickly grabbed his book and shoved it into his bag, rushing out of the classroom to avoid any bullying from Jonghyun today. 
 
The petite male always made a quick stop at the library to drop off his finished book and pick a new one that caught his eye. 
 
"Welcome Kyungsoo-ssi." A male voice said, welcoming the boy as he entered and dropped his book into the slot where books were to be returned. 
 
Kyungsoo just smiled softly. He was never much of a talker. The other male however, always tried to get him to talk. 
"Did you like the book?" The librarian continued to speak, leaning over the counter. Kyungsoo nodded and glanced at the taller males name tag. 
 
'Kim Jongin' it read. "Oh so that's his name." Kyungsoo thought to himself. Jongin had always checked out Kyungsoo's books for him everyday (excluding weekends) and tried to get Kyungsoo to say more than four words. 
 
"You should really read this one if you liked the other one." Jongin suggested, handing over a hard cover book with '10080' written across it. "Exobubz is one of the best authors." He added in. Kyungsoo bowed his head, taking the book politely. Reading the summary on the back of the book, he decided he would read it. "Thank you very much. I'd like to check it out then."
 
Jongin nodded, checking the book out for the small boy who pushed his glasses back in place. "There you go, Kyungsoo-ssi. I hope to see you again."
 
He would. 

Feet leading him to his usual spot at the park, Kyungsoo kept his head down; eyes focused on the book in his hands. He knew where he was going, and there weren't any streets he needed to cross. 
 
Kyungsoo sat down on his bench, noticing an odd feeling on his bottom. He set the book down and pulled out what seemed to be a sticky note, from under his bottom. 
 
'Hey. . . Guy with the book. I thought you were cute. . . So. . . Hi.' It read. 
 
Kyungsoo's eyes widened. Someone must've been pranking him. At least he thought so. No one even looked at him twice, unless they wanted to make fun of him. 
 
He quickly looked up, taking in his surroundings. There wasn't really anyone nearby besides the kids at the playground and three men playing soccer on the field. 
 
Kyungsoo shoved the sticky note in his pocket hastily, grabbing a new sticky from out of his bag.
'Hello, person. I don't know you but-- I hope you're not stalking me or somewhat. -guy with the book'  he wrote onto it, standing up before sticking it onto the seat. 
 
Kyungsoo grabbed his book and left home early that day. He couldn't stop thinking about the note. Cheeks flushed, he went to bed and tried to get it out of his head. 

The next day was a bit different than his usual. He skipped the library and went straight to the park. Kyungsoo wondered if there would be a new note for him. He didn't know exactly why, but he hoped there was. 
 
 
He was right. 
 
 
'Stalking? No, no. I see you here everyday. I come here everyday as well. -Person' 
 
Kyungsoo chucked softly, beginning to write up another note. He sat on it afterwards, later leaving it there when it was time to go. 
 
 
 
 
'Will you reveal who you are to me one day, person? -Guy with the book'
 
 
 
 
'One day I will. Hey, guy with the book. What's your name? -Person'
 
 
 
 
'Ill tell you my name when that one day comes. -Guy with the book'
 
 
 

The two continued to message each other through the notes everyday. They never really revealed much besides their ages. But they did get to know a lot about each other. Kyungsoo was glad to find that the other person was only a year younger than he was, but he still didn't let his guard down. 
 
 
 
 
"I didn't see you come in the other day. . ." Jongin frowned, bowing his head as Kyungsoo walked in. "Welcome though, Kyungsoo-ssi." 
 
Dropping the book in the slot like the other days, Kyungsoo bowed his head before looking up with an apologetic expression. "Sorry. I didn't finish the book in time. But I finished it today. It was great." He said, his voice monotone. The other male sighed and pulled out a book he stored on the side.
 
"You should read this. It's amazing." Kyungsoo nodded and checked out the suggested book. Giving a small wave goodbye, he went on his way to the park. 
 
 
 
 
 
Slowly approaching the park, he looked at the people playing around. Who did he see everyday?
 
The kids were here everyday, but he doubts it would be a child. The soccer boys are out if the question, because how could one of those stunning males look at him? 
 
That's right.
 
If it wasn't obvious, Kyungsoo was indeed gay. The person who wrote the notes seemed to be as well. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sighing softly, Kyungsoo reached his bench, noticing something sitting on top of it. It was a cup. 
 
Reaching down to pick it up and and the straw beside it, he saw the sticky note that his under it. 
 
 
'I didn't know which one you liked. . . So I hope you enjoy it. -Person' 
 
 
Kyungsoo's lips curled into a soft smile, his hands poking the straw at the top of the cup. Successfully poking it through, he sipped the cool drink; later chewing the black , chewy orb that seeped through the straw. 
 
 
 
'Thanks, person. It was delicious. You didn't have to buy me it though. -Guy with the book'
 
 
 
'I know I didn't. But I wanted to. I love to share bubble tea. -Person'
 
 
 
'At least let me treat you back one day. I would like to see you. . . It's a little unfair that you've seen me, no? Plus I feel a little odd calling you 'person' -Guy with the book'
 
 
 
'Valentines Day. Lets meet here at your usual time. -Sehun' the note said, a heart lolipop attached to it.
 
'Sehun' Kyungsoo whispered almost too casually. It felt as if he was meant to say it. It didn't feel foreign, but it felt so soothing instead. 
 
Taking the lolipop, he peeled off the wrapping and popped it into his mouth, gently. He didn't know whether it was because he was too excited to meet this 'Sehun', but his heart was beating faster than usual. It was a feeling he had never experienced, but it felt oh so good. Could it have been love?
 
 

 

 

On the last day of school before the weekend, Kyungsoo turned in all of his books. 
 
"You won't be checking out books over the weekend?" Jongin asked, a hint of disappointment in his voice. Kyungsoo smiled widely and shook his head. 
It was a little weird for the other since Kyungsoo had always come in with a straight face, his smiles always looking forced. Jongin smiled back and got rid of his small frown. 
 
"It's good to see you so happy, Kyungsoo-ssi. Happy Valentines and enjoy the your weekend."
 
Kyungsoo nodded and returns the last few words before leaving the school grounds, his bag not containing one book at all. 
 
He briskly walked to the park, noticing another odd item sitting on the bench. 
 
Walking closer, he reached out and grabbed the folded piece if clothing. It was a thick sweater in the color of red. The front had a photo of a wolf, and had 'wolf 88' displayed on the back. 
 
 
 
'Its awfully cold nowadays. Why is it that you never bundle up? You can borrow my sweater. It's not beautiful, but as long as you're warm, right? Two more days. -Sehun'
 
 
 
'Oh, Sehun. I'm perfectly warm under my uniform. Thank you very much though. Yeah. Two more days. I wonder what you look like. -Guy with the book' Kyungsoo wrote on the latest note. 
 
He sat there quietly after sticking the note on the bench. He really did wonder his his mystery man looked like. 'Did he have big ears? Would he be taller than me? What would the color of his hair be?' Things like that, he thought about. He thought about it way more than he thought about books nowadays.
 
 
 

 

On the day of Valentines Day, Kyungsoo made sure his teeth were pearly white,  and his hair was nice and straight. He wanted to look neat for 'Sehun'. The person he thinks he's fallen for.  
 
Though the two have only communicated through small talk on sticky notes everyday for two months, he really likes this guy. He makes his heart beat in unimaginable ways, and Kyungsoo can't stop daydreaming about him. It was probably because he never experienced love. 

 

Reading about it made him want to step out and try it once. This would be his chance. 

 

The small male stepped out of his home, yelling to his mom that he would be home later on today before walking down to his usual place. 
 
Changing everyday, Kyungsoo took a different route to go and pick up a few things. He was going to get one thing he knew Sehun loved. Bubble tea. 
 
Arriving at the local bubble tea shop, Kyungsoo entered with wide eyes. The store was bright and colorful. He had never really been out besides the grocery store or the library (excluding hospitals and school). 
 
"Hello, how may I help you?" A man said behind the counter, wearing a ridiculously cute hat. Kyungsoo actually didn't know what to order, since he didn't ask Sehun his favorite kind of bubble tea flavor. 
 
Before he could ask the man anything, someone shouted from the kitchen. "Luhan! I need you're help!" They shouted. The man in front of Kyungsoo hissed and bowed his head. "Excuse me." He said. 
 
"Hun! Come and take this customer's order, please." Luhan said quickly, running into the kitchen after the man he called over, came and took his spot. 
 
"Welcome to Bubbly XiuHan, how may I help you?" The man asked, his voice in between bubbly and emotionless. You couldn't really tell, but the smile he wore made everything seem better.
 
Man was he stunning. His smile was just as stunning, having Kyungsoo go into a daze. It wasn't until the male asked if he was okay, he came back to earth. 
 
"I-- uh. . . I'm not sure on what to order. . . Could you tell me what you think is the best here?" Kyungsoo asked, eyes looking up at the menu displayed over his head. 
 
The man hummed quietly before answering. "Well, I personally love the chocolate bubble tea. You should definitely give it a try." 
 
Kyungsoo ended purchasing two of the chocolate bubble tea, taking them quickly as they were finished. "Thank you very much." He made out before quickly exiting the shop.
 
'Hun' stood there, watching him leave. "You're cuter up close." He said quietly before taking the next order.
 

 

Kyungsoo took the two drinks and himself over to the usual. There was no note and no person there. That wasn't a surprise because he was five minutes early anyway. Today he would be meeting the person he's been waiting to meet for a long while. 

He waited there by himself for awhile, wearing the sweater Sehun let him borrow. It was warm in the sweater, but the weather was anything but. It was snowing, but it wasn't snowing that bad. 

 

An hour later, the snow began to pile up on the two cups beside him. Yes, Kyungsoo was still waiting. He knew the man wouldn't be so heartless and stand him up. Would he?

Plus, Kyungsoo was used to waiting. He had a lot of paitence.

 

Thirty more minutes later, Sehun still hasn't shown up. The waiting male began to worry a bit. "What if he isn't coming?" He thought to himself. Maybe this may have been just a prank. 

Settling on that last thought, he sighed and stood up; eyes b with tears. Of course someone wouldn't want him. He was boring, just like everyone said. He wasn't just 'safe'. Kyungsoo was boring, hideous, and someone to toy with. You might be thinking that it's ridiculous to think that, but not for Kyungsoo. That's what he thought since everyone liked to push him around. But, yes. You're correct if you're thinking it's ridiculous to be thinking that at this moment.

Sehun was standng right there, walking over to the small figure standing under the tree.

 "Guy with the book?" Sehun spoke softly, scaring the out of the smaller one. Kyungsoo jumped a bit, turning around to look at the other for the first time. 

The second time, actually. 

It was the same male at the bubble tea shop earlier. 'Hun' was him. Sehun was 'Hun'.

Kyungsoo let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. The taller male was so beautiful. The way he perfectly pulled off a greyish hair color while his roots on his sides were black. Not only that, but his sharp jawline totally did it for Kyungsoo. Sehun was visually perfect and that sealed the deal.

All of this didn't let the thought in his head slide though. Sehun was late. Way late.

"S-Sehun. . . " Kyungsoo sniffled, nervously making his way over. It wasn't exactly how he thought they'd meet, (Expecting the sappy and rediculous K-Drama scenes) but he hoped it go just as well.

"I'm sorry for being late." The younger one between the two bowed his head before looking up with a sheepish smile. "Luhan had me working my off a little longer." 

"That's okay. . ." 

Silence.

 

"You're real right?" Kyungsoo spoke after a minute or so of pure silence. 

"Of course." The other chuckled, taking a step closer to Kyungsoo. They practically were breathing each other's air.

"You don't recongize me, do you hyung?" 

"What? Should I?" The small one's eyes widened. Should he know Sehun? Were they related in some way? Did they attend the same school?

Sehun laughed softly, shaking his head. He took the other one's hand and sat them both down after brushing off the snow on the bench.

"You're silly, hyung. Happy Valentines Day." He said, giving a warm smile to Kyungsoo as he handed a hard covered notebook.

It said 'How I Fell For Hyung' written on the front. Kyungsoo chuckled softly, tears forming in his eyes again. He assumed it was supposed to look like a book or some sort, and he found it super cute.

When he opened the book, he smiled when the title was there again. This time 'Written by: Oh Sehun' was under the title.

'Dedicated to the hyung I like' the next page said.

The page after that was the start of this 'story'. There was a bunch of writing, and Kyungsoo had barely noticed that all of this was hand written. Sehun's hand writing was pure beauty; just how he saw books. 

'I like this hyung. He sits at the park every day, reading books. I think he loves to read.' The first page said.

'I don't know anything about this hyung, but he looks awfully lonely.'

'I think I should talk to him. . . I'm a little nervous. Luhan hyung says that he never really talks.'

'Luhan hyung goes to school with this hyung, but I told him not to tell me his name. I just might fall in love.'

'I forced Luhan hyung to start playing soccer with me at the park so I can see hyung more often. I'm not even good at soccer. This isn't creepy, is it?'

'I'm gonna start talking to this hyung.'

'He was so cute when he read my note. We're actually talking.' The page said, the first reply Kyungsoo wrote up was taped onto the page; beside the words. 

After this page, the pages started to have more words written onto them.

'I really like this hyung. He's funny and cute. I call him 'guy with the book' because he won't tell me his name. I don't mind much though because he's not scared of me. I'm surprised he didn't freak out. I hope this goes well.'

'This hyung never dresses warmly. His school uniform looks so thin. It's starting to worry me. Maybe I should lend him one of my sweaters, no? I think that would be good.'

Kyungsoo continued to read the book written specifically for him. It touched his heart to see someone fall in love with him. Him, the one who never spoke to people much. To him it was like watching a character in a book fall in love with someone. It was absolutely beautiful.

Sehun smiled and watched, his thumb reaching over to wipe his stray tears. He didn't even let Kyungsoo finish the book before turning the elder male's face to look up at him. 

"Sehun. . ." Kyungsoo choked out.

"Yes, hyung?"

"I love you too." 

Sehun froze in his spot. He had been dying to hear those three words, but he was afraid. He and Kyungsoo didn't because they didn't really know a whole bunch about each other, but they knew that they did love each other and that they both felt it.

"I love you, hyung." Sehun said, placing a gentle kiss on Kyungsoo's cheek. "Happy Valentines Day."

Kyungsoo smiled widely, returning the last three words. 

The two spent the rest of the day chatting and getting to know each other. They both drank the drinks that Kyungsoo got earlier, enjoying each other's company. This was just the start of their relationship. 

The days after were filled with stolen kisses, lovely surprises, 'I love you's, and later on eventually; they made love.

Do Kyungsoo had found his very own happy ending, just like the ones he always wished he had in romance novels. Except this one was better. The best he's ever known. It was his love story, and it was never ending.


AUTHOR'S CORNER;
Ayyyyy! Yall already know how I feel about SeSoo.
Sorry about the crappy ending but I just-- i love it anyway ok.
SESOO FTW
XOXO

credit.