Hyuk, Leo and the Leo Doll

Hyuk, Leo and the Leo Doll

Hyuk pouted at the striped teddy bear looking doll.

He remembered how the hyungs had shown it on MTV Diary, pointing out that he had called it Leo.

The fans laughed and thought it was adorable.

The fact was on screen it looked like Hyuk was having a hard time getting close to the real deal.

 

The maknae cuddled the black and white toy closer to him, remembering the My Dol episode where he had been told to touch foreheads with Leo hyung.

 It must have seen awkward and forced, he sighed and turned to face the creature in his arms.

 

It was late, and dark outside, he had come back from school then eaten dinner with Ken and was now in bed, rolling around with the Leo Doll. The others had yet to come back.

Everyone watching MTV Diary must all think he had problems approaching Leo and that the doll was a there so he could act lovingly to it because he could never act loving to the real Leo.

He had to laugh as he remembered N, Hongbin and Ravi making faces on the doll on MTV Diary, and as they also poked fun at how he liked to talk to the doll, “Leo, wake up”.

So people must think the doll is there because Leo and I aren’t close, he thought,

if only they knew.

 

He must have dosed off because the next thing he knew was the sound of the front door being opened and N and Ravi’s voices speaking loudly, a bit groggy his brain wondered if Leo was back.

As the bedroom door opened quietly, followed by some steps to where he was, he felt the blanket being lifted and a figure join him in the bed, he knew. Two strong arms wrapped themselves around his waist and he felt a head snuggle up against his back.
Leo was home.

“…put that thing away…” a muffled voice was to be heard from behind him. Hyuk had to smile as he threw the Doll Leo to the foot end of the bed.

The arms around his waist pulled him closer satisfied of now not having the doll there.

It was pitch black, Hyuk asked himself how late it was, “Did you practice until now?”

The head against his back nodded and he had to stop himself from giggling at the feeling. “Are you tired?” pause and then the head nodded again. “Did you miss me as I was in school?” the arms tightened and then he felt himself being turned around.

Now facing the new person in his bed, he could make out some black hair before the head buried itself into his chest, hugging him tightly, there was a mumble, which Hyuk almost didn’t hear, “I always miss you…”

 

There probably should be some explaining to be done.

Hyuk and Leo had been awkward at the beginning, the forced forehead touch, the awkward attempts to get close to the older one had been futile. Hyuk thought he would never get close the his hyung.

Also Leo shooting him death stares and glares didn’t help the matter.

However, slowly but surely the two of them found themselves standing together, sitting next to each other in the car and next to each other whilst watching TV. Nothing exciting, just silently being next to one another.

Silently, Leo was intrigued by the adorable maknae and in turn Hyuk was smitted with his hyung, who even though his scary looks was actually delicate and shy.
Then -they still didn’t know who started it- they started touching each other, a careless brush of their shoulders, or during a scary movie the one moved closer to the other.

In the end, it had ended up with Hyuk always leant against the older during movie time, or Leo searching for the maknae for his daily Hyuk hug.
The others had let them be, glad that they had grown close, but then they realized just how close as Leo and Hyuk would, once they were home they would flop onto the couch or the bed or at the table, the one in the arms of the other or on the other’s lap.

As they pulled Hyuk aside for questioning, he had cocked his head and said that instead of Leo being scary he had discovered how much he loved to cuddle with his hyung.

As they  attempted to question Leo he had gotten up and went to find Hyuk, only to bury his head in the other’s shoulder to avoid the questions of the other members.

It was final: Hyuk and Leo liked to cuddle each other.

They didn’t really know why but it was really comfortable and they liked sharing their space with one another.

But with Hyuk in school and Leo going for extra practice lessons they did spend a lot of time apart. And Hyuk sulked around all the time when he couldn’t get his fingers on his adorable and cuddly hyung.

In the end his teacher had bought him the stripy doll, which he had looked at it skeptically and raised an eyebrow, but taken it home anyway. He had then carried it around with him the whole day and as Leo came home and seen the doll he too raised an eyebrow.

What was this creature his Hyuk was cuddling?

He had very reluctantly listened to where the maknae had gotten it from and why, “I’m going to call it Leo! And every time I miss you and you aren’t here, I will cuddle it!”  
Leo had shot the doll a death glare and pouted at his beloved Hyuk, “But … when I am here, you don’t need to cuddle it….” Hyuk had laughed at his hyung and nodded in agreement.

 

Hyuk patted Leo’s hair as the other continued to snuggle up against him, their legs naturally getting tangled up in each other. They lay there for a while just enjoying the presence of the other.

“Leo, I love you!” There was more mumbling against his shirt, Hyuk giggled and kissed the top of his hyung’s head.

“In normal speech and not Hyuk’s t-shirt speech, hyung~” Leo looked up and stuck his tongue out at the other, “… I love you too you idiot…”

 

“Ya! I need you guys to help with the dishes!!” N had stormed in and switched on the lights. As he saw the pile of limbs on the bed and the two faces, one of which was glaring at him as if trying to roast him where he stood and the other shooting him an apologetic look.

“But, hyungggg~~ we can’t get up~~ it is too comfy~~” Hyuk used some of his aegyo and as if to prove his point he tried raising one of his legs, but because it was so tangled with Leo’s he couldn’t.

“YAA! YOU TWO! YOU CAN’T ALWAYS CUDDLE AND GET AWAY WITH NOT DOING CHORES!!”

Leo had stuck his head back into Hyuk’s chest and mumbled something. N glared at Hyuk for a translation, the maknae shot the leader an guilty look “He says 'but it works like a charm every time'….”

N threw his hands up in surrender, "Someday you two will do all the chores around here!" He left and turned the lights off behind him.
It was silent for a bit, save the sound of N ranting about the two love birds in the bed.

Hyuk felt Leo look up at him again and as he looked down he could make out a smile as the once ‘scary’ hyung reached up and kissed him softly.

He too smiled and wrapped his arms tighter around the other as they both drifted off into sleep.