001: United

►► Halcyon || SM's New Girl Group

  February 9th, 2014 7:00 AM
This was an average day for a trainee: practicing for their debut. They’ve been training for years, waiting to be a shining idol, like Super Junior and EXO. Ever since that rumor about a new girlgroup had gone out, the trainees of SM Entertainment went crazy. Well, mainly the girls. It’s been 4 years since SM’s had a girlgroup debut, the last being f(x). Being kind to each other, the boys wished every girl trainee a good luck. Well, maybe except 9 specific girls. 
 

Ay2-NZGCYAA5EKW.jpg:large

Faith, Minjee, and Miah>

   The trio were having a completely normal day in their practice room, practicing by dancing to one of the hardest dances created by SM Entertainment: SHINee's Lucifer. Faith, being mostly talented in rapping and singing, had a slight hard time to keep up with the two dancers. However, Kwon Minjee and Lee Miah were like machines, dancing with no stop.
Geobuhal su eobtneun neoeui markyeokeun Lucifer" the song ended, and the 3 decided to have a break. "We're doing Sherlock next," Minjee said. "Lucifer's OK, but Sherlock?!" Faith whined. " Better than doing nothing~" Miah said. Suddenly, Faith got an email on her laptop, and she crawled over to see what it was.

   From: Lee Soo Man
   To: Han Sanghyun
   Sanghyun-sshi, please go to my office whenever you have the time to. Please bring Minjee-sshi and Miah-sshi as well. You'll be very happy once you hear the news I have for you three.

   "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH~" Faith was dancing around once she saw this email, being the silly girl she is. She showed it to the 2 girls, awaiting their reactions. Miah exclaimed, "What is this...” But when she finally fully read the email, it took her a few seconds to realize it. “IS THIS REAL??” There goes her late reactions :P "Come on girls, let's get going before we get, 'Sooed'Minjee said, making a lame pun. Faith and Miah looked at her as if she was serious about that, but then all 3 of them started laughing like crazy! They're the female version of the Derp Squad, alright! Once they stopped laughing they packed up their things and started walking to Soo Man's office to see what the news they were told about.

Shinee.jpg


(Just pretend SHINee isn't there...)
   Many trainees practices start at 7:00, so there were many trainees of both genders. Today they were all learning a few dance moves from Tony Testa, the man himself, who choreographed many difficult dances for SHINee and other groups. Currently, they were working on a head-spin. One he was done with it, most of the trainees immediately collapsed on the floor, relieved of a break. “Is there anyone who wants to learn a REALLY difficult move?” Tony asked, looking at the tired trainees. However, only 2 trainees raised their hands: 7-year-trainee Evelyn, and perfectionist Yoonji. Ever since Yoonji became a trainee, they’ve been great friends, they even have the same dorm together! Tony smirked,“The usual two, huh? Very we-“ Before he got to finish, EXO’s Suho walked into the room, interrupting Tony. “Annyeonghasyeo, Tony-sunbaenim!” Suho bowed. “Oh, hey there, Suho-sshi.” Tony replied. Suspense filled the room, as everyone didn’t know what to expect. Suho announced, “ I’m here to bring Lee Soo Man-sunbaenim, Yoonji-sshi and Evelyn-sshi.” The 2 girls looked at each other as if they were in trouble, and Yoonji sulked in her mind, “Did I do something wrong? Am I going to have my contract terminated?!” However, Evelyn felt calm, as she knew what was happening to her and Yoonji. The only thing she needed to know was, “ Who’re the other 7?” The 2 girls walked to Suho and followed him out of the practice room, heading to Soo Man’s office without a word.

 

   For some reason, the vocal room isn’t as full as the dance room. Somehow, there were only 3 trainees in there: one of them being the y Pearl, Jung Jihyun. They were barely starting, and so they chose for Jihyun to go first. She didn’t really like that in all honesty, but she went with it anyway. She decided to sing her audition song, Call Me Maybe. Of course, she was flawless. Midway, someone QUITE familiar with her went to the room “Annyeonghaseyo~Luhan said quietly. The other trainees bowed to him back, then looked back at Jihyun singing. Luhan let her finish, and surprised her with a back-hug when she was done. “Oh my gosh, I thought you were a stalker for a second!” she exclaimed, then laughing hysterically. “Jihyunnie, Soo Man-sunbaenim wants to see you,” Luhan said. “Jukkamun, me?” she said in surprise. “Ne~”he replied. “Kaja!” he ran to the door. “Yah, wait up~” she whined. Jihyun was wearing heels, so it took a little effort to catch up to Luhan. Together, they went to the office of Lee Soo Man, the man in SM Entertainment.

Etude_House201303.jpg


   For these 2 girls, their practices start at 11:30, so they have PLENTY of time to chill. So, why not go to Gong Cha for bubble tea?! RooA and Rian always had this as a usual routine, for they shared a dorm together. Shoot, sometimes they even get discounts because they visit almost everyday! Even the staff know them well. Sometimes they brought a friend along, but this time it felt like they needed to be together for some special news... "I'll have a latte, please~" RooA said to their usual cashier. "Surprise me like usual~" Rian added on to her. "Ne, it'll come in about 4 minutes." (feel free to sing any 4minute song XD)

   "Unnie, did you hear about the rumors of a new SM girlgroup?" Rian asked. "Mhm, I wonder who're the 9 girls!" RooA replied. "Who knows, it maybe could be us two in there!" she squeeled. Their conversation was slightly intterupted by their Gong Cha arriving, but that didn't stop the two talking about it on the way back to their dorm. "It would make sense for us to be a part of it, I mean, we've been trainees for 4 and 5 years now!" Suddenly, both of the girls got an email on their phones, so they checked what they were about.

   To: Han Yunji and Hwang Riyeon
   From: Lee Soo Man
Yunji-sshi, Riyeon-sshi, please come to my office whenever you have the time. You'll be excited as of what news I'm about to bring you, as you've been training for 4-5 years now.

   The moment they finished reading the message they looked at each other, as if their conversation was overheard. With that news, they ran all the way to the SM building to see if their dreams were about to come true.

31_06_6-st-james-s-park-london_web.jpg


   At this beautiful park, it surprisingly empty. There were only some people, either playing soccer or just jogging. However, there was 1 quiet girl sitting on the benches in front of the water. And that girl, was Elina. Ever since she became an SM trainee, she always came to this park for peace and quiet from the always loud SM building. She didn't need to worry about time either, as her practices always started at 1:00. So, what was her reason of coming here? Normally, she'd come here with some of her friends and play soccer. But this time, she came here to read her book called The Golden Compass (I love the book BTW ^^). "There are many universes and many Earths parallel to each other. Worlds like yours, where people's souls live inside their bodies, and worlds like mine, where they walk beside us, as animal spirits we call daemons. " she mumbled to herself. But, she was interrupted by the sound of her phone, somehow being a phone call. "Annyeong, Elina~" it was from Henry Lau, who had his solo debut last year. "Ne, oppa?" she replied half-heartdly, as she wanted to read her book with NO INTERRUPTIONS. "Lee Soo Man-sshi wants to see you," "Waeyo?" "He didn't say why, just go." he ended the call, as he can tell she was reading. So, Elina got up and walked to the SM Building, still wanting to read her book.

sm-entertainment1.jpg
 

 

   Elina somehow got there first, being close to the SM Building. Because of her outside personality and looks, almost every trainee except a few were afraid of her. But, she didn't care, after all, you can't be friends with every single person. She entered Soo Man's office and greeted him. "Please wait patiently, as I've also asked for 8 more girls," Lee Soo Man said to her. She simply nodded.

   Following behind her was Jihyun and Luhan, still running to his office. When they ran past, some of the girl trainees squeeled. To be respectful, Jihyun decided to wait in case if Soo Man called other girl trainees. Luhan decided to chat with some of the other trainees, leaving her alone. Quickly behind was Faith, Minjee, and Miah. Somehow these 4 were quite popular, so many of the trainees cheered for them. "Annyeong, Jihyun unnie~" Faith was the 1st to greet her, as they're pretty close. "You were called from Soo Man-sunbaenim too?" "All of us were called with Faith's email," Minjee replied to her. "We could've practiced more, you know, he did say if you have the time," Miah said, which was quite true. "Oh whatever, I wanna know what's up with Soo Man-sunbaenim, after all, we might be in a new girlgroup~" With that, she started to dance around, mainly the dance of B1A4's 'Lonely' with her scarf. "Every day, every say, neowa hamkke georireul
Geotneunda geotneunda dasi hamkke geotneundamyeon, uri hamkke geotneundamyeon
~" (my b1a4 bias is Sandeul~) "You silly girl~" she poked Faith lightly on the cheek, being the Skinship Queen she is. "Well, let's go in, shall we?" Miah asked them. "Ne~" all 3 replied to her, and entered his office.

   A few minutes later, Evelyn, Yoonji, and Suho arrived. Many trainees greeted the three, as they've been trainees for more than 3 years. To break the silence, Evelyn decided to start a quick coversation. "Suho-ah, why did we get called anyways?" she asked him. "Maybe we're going to be in a girl group?" Yoonji predicted. "You'll find out~" Suho simply replied, as he knew of what was to come. He issued them to enter, so they did. There sat 5 more girls, casually sitting there with Lee Soo Man.
   Being the farthest from the building, it was natural for Rian and RooA to arrive last. They finished their drinks along the way as well. A few trainees greeted them, and RooA said, "Welp, time for the moment of truth, Riannie~" "Best of luck, unnie~" Rian replied, as she held the door for RooA. Once they sat down, Lee Soo Man started his announcement. "You 9 girls have been trainees for years now, so I think it's time... you'll have debut under the name of Halcyon." All 9 girls almost went crazy, with exception of Elina. "Here are your positions," he handed the list to Evelyn, and they gathered to see their positions.
 
Positions of Halcyon                                                                                          
Evelyn                                                             Leader, Main Dancer, Sub-Vocal
Jei                                                                  Sub-Leader, Lead Vocal, Dancer
Elina                                                                                    Vocalist, Composer
RooA                                                                                   2nd Visual, Dancer
Yoonji                                                                              Vocalist, Lead Rapper
Faith                                            Face of the Group, Main Vocal, Main Rapper
Mia                                                                                     Visual, Lead Dancer
Rian                                                       2nd Maknae, Lead Vocal, Sub-Rapper
Rose                                                                               Maknae, Lead Dancer
   "But before we even have your debut, you will have a show called 'Halcyon Days'" Lee Soo Man continued. "Outside there is a van for you girls, inside is your manager driving, which right now I'll alow you girls to have a free day before you have your 1st filming of Halcyon Days. The 1st episode will be filmed on February 15th, Evelyn's birthday." With that, the girls left to the van, excited of what was to come. At the same time however, this means hell is about to unleash on them. Scandals, rumors, sasaengs, are all about to come to them. That day they decided to get close to each other and their manager, Park Hyung Seok.

They all decided to go shopping, mainly presents for the girls' dorm buddies that they'll miss alot. Whatever it was, hell was about to start earlier than soon.


AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey girls, welcome to the 1st chapter of Halcyon~ I decided to color code our dialog for fun, so I'll leave a key for our colors. I based them on what colors you girls liked, so be happy XD Anyway, because in reality it is Evelyn's birthday, as a present I have a high chance of double updating~ Also, I had a slight situation with our 2 maknaes. Rose is the youngest, yet I had her as the 2nd maknae, so Rian and Rose, I hope that you don't mind me switching the two XD You two still have the same positions, though >.< Guys, help me, ottokaji is STILL stuck in my head. OTTOKAJI?

KEY: Faith, Evelyn, Jei, Rose, Rian, RooA, Mia, Yoonji, Elina

SONG OF THE DAY: 2NE1's 'Lonely'