THE OST SERIES: Best Sad OST

♔♛The Ranking Clinic♛♔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


‘‘THE OST SERIES:
             Best SAD ost ’’

A drama isn't a drama without music. I can't imagine watching a sad scene where the main girl cries without a good ballad in the background. Songs are what make the drama able to be reached--emotionally. Now, each drama has a whole album of OST's... and atleast one or two in the album is meant to be sad. But which OST's in the Kmedia world were the saddest? Let's take a look at some songs that made a memorable hole in my heart... they almost made me cry.

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

 

 

10. Taeyeon - Closer (To The Beautiful You OST)

Alright, this song wasn't exactly tear-producing, but I felt pretty sad while listening to this song... and while it was stuck in my head for a good three weeks. Taeyeon, like the Taeyeon she is, did an amazing job of singing yet another loved OST. And this is a pretty good accomplishment, seeing that all of the OST tracks for To the Beautiful You was sung by a handful of skillfull SM vocalists. I liked Taeyeon's song better than the others, although I liked the rest of the songs a lot as well. Thanks to Closer and the other OST songs, To the Beautiful You wasn't THAT bad. I mean, if the drama had y songs, I definitely would've insulted it off the bat. It the OST's that made the drama atleast cute and fluffy.
Over all, Taeyeon's song produced a type of smooth and clear kind of feeling that ultimately led me to a bit of wistful sadness. Since it wasn't exactly too sad, though, I give this a rank of 10 on my list.

 

9. Kim Soohyun - Dreaming (Dream High OST)

You've got to admit: It was pretty depressing when Kim Soohyun had the ear problem dilemma. I felt sort of sad, even if not a lot.
The song was pretty good too, and it got a lot of love. Kim Soohyun's good at singing, which is rare since he's normally an actor who's actually REALLY good at acting. I mean, just look at him filming with the legendary Jun Jihyun when he got famous only a few years ago.
He has some sort of soft voice, and since Dream High was a drama where the actors/actresses sang and danced while they acted, I was surprised that he didn't get weighed down by the rest of the cast, who literally were people with the occupation of singing and dancing.
Over all, Dreaming was a likable song, and a lot of people were moved in some way because of the genuinely tearful acting Kim Soohyun did with the almost-deaf character he played.

 

8. Yesung - It Has to be You (Cinderella's Sister OST)

Yesung's voice was just.... GAHH. I swear, whenever this song came out in the drama, I totally clung onto the feels. The song made me tear up along with the characters, and I just had to download this song even though I'm not a fan of listening to sad songs over and over again.... This song was good and fitting at the same time in Cinderella's Sister. Yesung's voice was perfect to sing such a song, and I really really appreciated this yet another SM OST success.

 

7. Lyn - Back in Time (The Moon that Embraces the Sun)

This song was a really good song. I can bet everything on it, because my dad said so, and my dad isn't someone to compliment a song playing on my phone :P
Lyn is a praised singer, and I have to say she's really good. Her mature voice was perfect for a mature song, since this drama was historical and all that. But there were many scenes that were heartbreaking and sad in this drama, and I've heard multiple times that people who watched this drama always find Back in Time emotional because it reminds them of all the sad scenes.
I find the song pretty interestingly sad, because it definitely isn't a song one would expect to be playing in a teen's ipod. I mean... although it's a Kdrama OST, it actually sounds really historical along with the drama. Really, think about it: "The Moon that Embraces the Sun OST-Back in Time by Lyn". You wouldn't exactly expect the song to be electric pop with intense rapping and dancing.
It's sad in its own historical way, which I found really special. Watching the drama would be sadder with such a song playing in the background.
 

6. Hyorin - Driving Me Crazy

GAHHH.
I loved this drama, and I loved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter