Final.

Be Happy.

 

We are not holding hands as we used to, some months ago we would be holding hands. We are not even smiling, where is the smile I love so much? Maybe it’s time? The warmth around us is slowly disappearing. The love is disappearing like the air.

 

I suddenly stop making you stop too, but you don’t say nothing, not a single ‘Are you okay?’. We are standing in front of a little boutique, maybe he doesn’t remember, there’s where we met for the first time three years ago.

I sigh and keep on walking, you’re not even looking at me, too busy talking with someone on the phone, right?

 

It’s always the same, you on the sofa and me cooking. We used to cook together, remember? We used to watch our dramas together, maybe it’s time?

 

You don’t hug me once we go to sleep. Remember when we used to cuddle? Remember when you used to back hug me?

 

I prepare breakfast for you, not a ‘Good morning’ comes out from your mouth. Remember the days we used to have breakfast together? Remember when you used to surprise me when it was you preparing our breakfast?

You’re in front of me eating your pancakes but your eyes are always on TV. I look at you. Remember when you used to just look at me? Remember when you used to kiss me? Oh, those kisses, I miss them so much. Maybe it’s time?

 

Then you go to work. Remember when I used to arrange your tie? Remember when you used to kiss me to say goodbye? Now, there’s no kiss but a ‘I am going to work’, not even a ‘Good bye, have a good day’

 

I lay down the side of our now ex-bed. I’ll miss you. I’ll miss everything.

 

While putting all of my belongings inside my suitcase, I cry. It hurts so much. I wonder if it was me or the woman you met.

 

It’s time. Now I remember, the last time we kissed, the last time we said ‘I love you’ to each other, the last time we did that is now on our past.

 

You’re coming back from work soon. Meanwhile I sit down on the sofa with the suitcase besides me. I rub my hands. I am nervous. You won’t care. I know.

 

I hear the front door opening, you are home. Remember when you used to yell ‘I am home!’?

 

You see me, I follow your eyes, you are looking now at my suitcase, but don’t say nothing and go inside of your room. That’s all I needed to know. I stand up from the sofa and grab my suitcase.

 

Right when I was about to open the door you stop me, “Where are you going?”, he asked whispering.

I don’t want to cry in front of him. Be brave.

“Be happy Chanyeol”

 


 

Short One-Shot