Goodbye

Guardian A

Chapter 32

Myungsoo's POV

I saw L.Joe head to Hwayoung's room, I followed him inside he turned to look at me surprised. "What are you doing here?" He asked, "Niel called me earlier, said you were acting strange so he told me to follow you."
"You shouldn't have come." He said sadly, "What? Why?" But before I could get an answer from him I saw _____ flying through the window and land in the room in a graceful manner.

_____'s POV

I landed in the room and saw Byunghun and Myungsoo looking at me, instantly I emptied my emotions and looked back at them coldly. "I didn't tell anyone, L hyung just followed me. I promise I didn't say anything." Byunghun said, I nodded at what he said, he then went over to Hwayoung and placed a kiss on her forehead, then he walked up to see and said "I'm ready." That was when Myungsoo burst out and said "____ what are you planning to do with L.Joe?" Byunghun turned to Myungsoo and asked "You know her?" He nodded then Byunghun turned to look at me and asked "How does he know you?" But before I could answer Myungsoo shouted "_____ are you taking L.Joe away?" 
Both eyes were on me waiting for an answer I let out a sigh and said "It's time for me to take Hwayoung away, but Byunghun said that he would take her place." I could see Myungsoo's face go pale, "That wasn't part of the plan....you said it was your job to grant Hwayoung's last wish."
"What does he mean by that?" Byunghun asked me, it was then I could feel Daniel and another male presence outside of the room, now's the time _____. I took a deep breath and talking as loudly as I can I said "My name is _____ I am a Guardian sent to do one thing, which is to collect a soul from this world when the times comes. In this event the person I was suppose to collect is Park Hwayoung, but Byunghun had volunteered to take her place so now I will take him."
"But-"
"Let's go, it's time." I interrupted Myungsoo and held my hand out to Byunghun for him to take, when suddenly the door flew open and there stood Daniel and a familiar looking male. Its about time Daniel.

Niel's POV

I was rushing to Hwayoung's room with Sungjong as soon as I got there I waited outside to hear what the situation was, it was then I heard _____ voice's saying "My name is _____ I am a Guardian sent to do one thing, which is to collect a soul from this world when the times comes. In this event the person I was suppose to collect is Park Hwayoung, but Byunghun had volunteered to take her place so now I will take him." What is she saying? Is she taking L.Joe hyung away with her? I felt like I had to do something and before I knew it, I threw the door open and shouted "Don't take him away!" There stood _____, L.Joe hyung and L hyung standing there looking at both me and Sungjong.
"Niel/Sungjong what are you doing here?!" L.Joe hyung and L hyung said at the same time. I looked at Sungjong looking flustered he answered "I was worried about you, so I kinda followed you. Teehee." L hyung waked up to Sungjong and hit his head "You shouldn't have followed me." He scolded.
L.Joe hyung walked up to me and said "You shouldn't have come, why did you?"
"I had a bad feeling you were gonna do something drastic, so I had to come." I showed him a big smile, he smiled sadly back at me, he then placed a hand on my shoulder and said "Thank you for coming, I'm glad I got to see you before I go."
"Stop talking like that! Please don't go."
"It's no use trying to stop me, I've already decided. I want to do this for both you and Hwayoung, I want to make up for hurting you and for hurting her. I'm sorry I betrayed you when you trusted me." I felt a sharp pain of guilt in my heart "Hyung, it's not your fault. I'm sorry I never realised how much pain you were both in for hiding your feeling. I should have realised more sooner, it must have been painful, right?" Tears started to roll down his eyes so I said "She's all your now." He looked at me shocked but happy.

I walked over to where Hwayoung was and showed her the small branch of the cherry blossom tree, "Hey, sorry it took me long to come see you. I'm glad I got to keep my promise to you and you were right, that tree did grow to be magnificent. Thank you for everything you've given me, going out with me making me happy and for saving me at that time. I'm sorry for making you and L. Joe hyung suffer in silence, I'm sorry for running away from you at that time, when I should have stayed and listened maybe then this wouldn't have happen to you." L.Joe hyung walked towards me and said in a worried voice "What are you doing Niel? Why does it sound like your saying goodbye?" I ignored him and carried on talking to Hwayoung "Take care of him, when I'm gone. I think you both make the perfect couple."
I turned to L.Joe who was looking at me worriedly, "I'm giving you my precious childhood friend so better make her the happiest woman and don't let her cry either otherwise I'll curse you from the other end." I chuckled, L.Joe hyung looked at me confused, I looked at L hyung and he knew what I wanted to do, so in an instant he held him down with both his arms and I took that moment and walk towards _____ and said "I'll take his place."
"Are you sure?" She asked coldly, it was then I took a closer look in her eyes and I knew her being cold was all an act. I nodded and continued "They need each other. L.Joe hyung is the only one who could make her happy." She smiled sadly at me, then L.Joe hyung shouted "Wait!!! Don't do this." He tried to crawl out of L hyung's arms and when he did he ran towards us, but as he did he was repelled my an invisible wall. He kept banging on the invisible wall, "Don't do this!!! Stop it Niel!!! Don't go!!!" Ignoring him I reached out my hand to grab hold of _____'s hand when she moved her hand out of the way making me miss, I looked at her and saw her looking at Sungjong "I see so that's what it was all about." She said smiling.

_____'s POV

Hwayoung-ah did you hear that? She nodded, Hwayoung's soul was actually here the whole time, listening and watching everything that was happening I was the only one who could see or hear her.
She saw that Byunghun and Daniel had made up, she cried tears of joy thank you _____. I'm ready to go now. Of course I wasn't gonna take Byunghun or Daniel away, I wasn't able to in the first place, it was all a lie a trap to finally get themselves  to talk about their true feelings and hopefully repair their damaged relationship. The moment Daniel would take my hand it would have knocked everyone out and give me enough time to take Hwayoung, but as Daniel was about to take my hand I looked at Myungsoo who was standing with a familiar looking boy 'where have I seen him before?' I looked and saw a red bracelet on his wrist and instinctively moved my hand away making Daniel miss "I see so that's what it was all about." I smiled maybe I could use that.

I started to make my way to the boy and asked "What's your name?" Cautious that I approached him he stuttered "S-Sungjong." 
"Well Sungjong, thank you for being my friend at school." I smiled brightly, this caught him off "W-What do you mean?" He asked, I pointed at his wrist, to which he realised I knew who he was, "Remember when I gave this to you as thanks for helping me and I told you that it was a charm bracelet?" He nodded "Well I never did tell you, but this bracelet can grant you one wish."
"What does that have-"
"It can grant you any wish you desire." I interrupted him, Myungsoo got what I was trying to get at and whispered in Sungjong's ear. He got what I was getting at and smiled "I wish that you don't have to take anyone's soul, not Hwayoung not not Niel not L.Joe, no one." Instantly the bracelet let off a bright light, I placed both my hands over the bracelet using all my might and power I concentrated hard to make the bracelet disappear for the wish to be granted, then with a flash of light it finally disappeared.

Niel's POV

After the bright light disappeared we all stood frozen and anxious to know whether it worked or not. "It's done." _____ said we all sighed a big sigh of relief, L.Joe hyung and I went over to Hwayoung's bed to see that her body was still warm.
"What the heck is happening?!" I heard L hyung shout, I looked in his direction and saw _____ . Her body was slowly disappearing "What is happening to you?" He continued I rushed to _____ and was about to grab hold of her shoulder when my hand went straight through her body. I looked at my hand and the at her and saw her looking at her hands as she slowly disappeared "I guess it had to come down to this after all."
"W-what do you mean? I thought you said it worked?" L hyung questioned her, she smiled happily and said "It did, but I needed something of equivalent value to exchange the bracelet for the wish to work."
"What are you smiling? Your disappearing you know?!" L hyung shouted, "I know, but with this everyone would be happy, right? No else need to sacrifice themselves." She smiled like it was nothing when her life was disappearing right in front of her. L hyung could not find anything to say and stood there frustrated at himself. _____ then looked at Sungjong who was looking pale and horrified at what he had done, she slapped both her hands over his cheeks squishing them and said "Dont do that kind of face, it's something I wanted to do. It's not your fault, okay?" I could see tears rolling down his eyes.

She then turned to me and holding my cheek she said "Daniel, thanks for everything. It was fun, I've given you your life back, don't mess it up this time." She chuckled, I could feel my heats being squeezed and tears falling from my eyes "Thank you for everything, we had a lot of fun at school because of you. Whoever you go you would always be our friend." For one last time she smiled her best and warmest smile with tears coming out of her eyes and then she disappeared.