On Another Rainy Day

On Another Rainy Day (60 sec series p. 3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: The songs will definitely be too frequent in this part (OTL). I really wanted to use the quotes and I think the songs match this story so you'll have to deal with it lol you can either ignore half of the songs or read really slowly. Maybe there won't be any problems, I doubt that, though since when I checked it the songs were just too long. I'm sorry. I hope you'll be able to read it anyway. ;-; The quotes will be marked with an indentation and they will be written in italics.

DECEMBER 19TH, Myungsoo's house

 

Did time stop again?

'Did he wake up?'

'He's either pretending or he's been sleeping for over sixteen hours.'

'He needs to get up and eat something.'

'I'm not asleep.', grumbling was heard from under the covers. 'And I'm not hungry.'

The boys exchanged meaningful looks and left the room, leaving only his sister.

'Myungsoo.'

'I won't tell you so don't even bother asking.', he snarled, not sparing her a single look despite her pulling the duvet off of him.

'I wasn't going to ask you questions. I made you soup.'

He sighed, locking his gaze at the scenery outside the window.

'You can leave it on the bedside table.'

'I'm glad you finally-'

I’m thinking about you with my two eyes closed.

'I didn't say I'm going to eat anything.', he cut her off sharply, his face still turned towards the window.

His sister could feel her heart shattering to pieces once again, but swallowed her tears.

'Indeed you didn't.', she exited the bedroom. After closing the door behind her back, she finally managed to lift her eyes and seeing the boys' questioning looks all she could do was shake her head.

'Excuse me.', she passed Sungjong and Woohyun on her way to the bathroom, not realizing Sunggyu's eyes never letting her go from his sight.

She rested her back on the wooden door and slowly slid down to the ground, biting her lower lip and closing her eyes. She inhaled sharply as warm tears streamed down her cheeks.

'What are we going to do now?', Howon asked.

All eyes fell on Sunggyu, who heaved a deep sigh.

'Whatever happened that day, he needs help.'

'Help?', Sungyeol scoffed. 'Help my . What have we been doing for the past two months? And what has he been giving us in return?'

Dongwoo crossed his arms on his chest, 'What do you suggest then?'

The other one snorted, definitely ready to come up with a sarcastic response, but Sunggyu raised his hand.

'The last thing we need is arguments. The two of you should get some sleep. It's late. The rest of you can go, too. I'll help Ahra, I think she needs someone to talk to right now.'

Sungyeol his heel sharply and exited the house, shutting the door.

'The nerve of that guy.', Woohyun shook his head.

'Let's go. There's nothing we can do at this hour.', Howon nodded his head at Sunggyu. 'Good luck.', he mouthed, pushing the rest of the guys out.

Sunggyu ran fingers through his hair and closed his eyes for a brief moment, hesitant whether he should check up on Myungsoo first.

He knew he should. This was one of not many things he was certain about.

He just didn't know if that was a good idea.

He pushed the door and stepped in.

'Leave.', Myungsoo's voice was silent and hoarse.

Sunggyu felt his blood boil, 'Ahra locked herself up in the bathroom. Dongwoo and Sungyeol fought. You're sad, I can see it. But after two months I'm starting to stop caring! Why should I ask you questions if you won't answer them anyway? Why should I come everyday to your house and check up on you if nothing ever changes? Why should I care, why should I be your best friend if you treat me like a stranger?', he realized he'd almost been shouting, so he decided to keep his voice down. 'Friendship is something you share. You can have your secrets, but letting it all out on me or the boys is just wrong! We are here for you, heck we've been here for two months. Can you understand that, can your brain process that or has it turned into a vegetable completely? And the way you treat Ahra is just below any criticism. You can ignore me all the way you want, but she's been here for you all this time, she's your sister, remember? You're unbelievable.'

Even though time is passing by,

I’m going back to that time again.

'It was her.'

'Excuse me?', Sunggyu stopped halfway through the door.

'The girl I dreamed about. It was her.'

The older guy's muscles tensed, but he didn't comment on Myungsoo's ridiculous behavior.

'I told you about those dreams I had. Well, that day, almost two months ago, I met her.', his head turned in Sunggyu's direction.

'Reality didn't live up to the fantasies?'

'Quite the opposite. When I first saw her, I was captivated by her looks. Then I remembered those dreams and was more than happy to realize it was her.', Myungsoo turned back to face the window.

Sunggyu understood that he wasn't going to get to know more. The whole story seemed to be made up.

Meeting the girl he'd been dreaming of? That sounded way too unbelievable.

On the other hand, Myungsoo had finally responded with something different than 'Leave.' or 'I'm not hungry.'

He took it as a small success of his.

Feeling definitely more positive, he headed on the bathroom door.

As soon as he heard silent weeping, his face fell.

He knocked on the wooden surface gently, 'Can I come in?'

'I- I'd rather you went home.', she choked out.

Once more, I’m waiting until I can breathe again.

He rested his forehead against the door, 'Please.', he whispered.

As if his plea had been heard, the door opened showing Ahra.

He'd been in love with her for the longest time and all he could do most of the time was to make sure she was alright. She had had a boyfriend, but he broke up with her when she said that her brother was more important to her.

Since that moment, Ahra tried her best to help Myungsoo. Nothing seemed to work, though, and she was getting more and more vulnerable every day.

Sunggyu couldn't forgive himself that he wasn't even able to make her smile anymore, let alone help her in the situation they all were trapped in.

'Listen, I- I know you're facing so much pain and-', her hands wrapping around his waist cut him off.

'I'm so sorry.'

He slowly hugged her, his arms embracing her ever so gently.

'It's alright. It's alright now.'

If I can find you, I’ll wait for you so I can breathe again.

 

MARCH 2ND, A feast somewhere in the suburbs of Seoul

I thought it was over because it was just like

The breakup formula friends told me about.

'Yah, Minah! Over there!'

Hearing Jaehoo's voice, she smiled and waved her hand.

'Just a second.', she mouthed and rearranged the paper cups standing on the counter they had set together with Soojin.

'You had a great idea.', she chuckled as soon as she caught up with him.

Seeing people slowly coming to the barbecue, they were more than happy to start serving their coffee and tea.

'I know right? It's good to have influential parents.', he grinned back as they strolled along the beach next to the lake.

Jaehoo's parents organized a feast for their corporation's employees and customers. It was scheduled to begin in a few minutes.

This was a great chance for their café to raise the income and demand for its products, so the owner basically jumped at the opportunity that Jaehoo enabled.

Minah stopped, captivated by the sunset that had just begun. The snow had already melted, so fresh blades of grass seemed to be glowing in the brightest shades of green.

Winter came to it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter