Final

You + Me = Dorm Buddies

Eric Mun, the transferred student from Seoul High Academy sat at his dorm, starring at the blank wall. His dorm-mate, Shin Hye Sung, who is the captain of the swimming team, looked at him suspiciously. Hye Sung walked towards the older man and looked at him again, from head-to-toe.

 

“I have no idea why you are here in my room, but I swear, you are going to be kicked out from this place in a few weeks time.” The younger man coldly said to the older man.

 

He then walked towards his bed and lie down while staring at his phone, with his headphones on, playing some loud music which Eric doesn’t like. Since it is just the first day in the dorm, he simply can’t asked Hye Sung to either lower down the volume or to either switch to the next song.

 

Hye Sung doesn’t like to share room with people especially to people he don’t even recognized, like Kwang Haeng, the senior which were once his dorm-mate but left the dorm to another. Even when he is staying at his own house with his family, when his grandparents had to stay with them and his younger brother were forced to sleep in Hye Sung’s room, he simply shoved his younger brother out from the room, leaving his younger brother sleeping in the living room for countless of times.

 

A friendly, energetic and bubbly Eric and a moody, anti-social and gloomy Hye Sung simply just couldn’t get along. Eric who tried wearing Hye Sung’s underwear just because he wanted to be closer to him but was lectured for three hours on how important is hygiene is and about how people should not share underwear.

 

Well, that is one technique Eric does to make his dorm-mate closed to him. When he was in Seoul High Academy, his dorm-mate at that time, Andy Lee doesn’t mind him when Eric wore his boxers around campus. Andy also doesn’t mind when Eric fell asleep on his bed. Andy doesn’t mind on almost everything.

 

But Shin Hye Sung is different from Andy. Hye Sung hates people who wore his boxers, especially the elephant boxers his ex-girlfriend has gave him. Hye Sung hates people who slept on his bed. Hye Sung hates people who uses the bathroom and didn’t flush the toilet. He simply hates everything.

 

Days passed and both of them have never spoken to each other, other than lecturing about the underwear. School will be officially starting soon and they are told that both of them were in the same class, which kind of . I mean, you are going to meet that person for the entire day, and when you are tired and want to sleep, you will meet that person. And the first thing you see in the morning is that person too. That’s how Hye Sung is feeling. He hates Eric to the point that he could spin-kick him but it could led him to serious trouble with the discipline master.

 

On the first day of school, Eric waked Hye Sung up. Hye Sung who were obviously annoyed and irritated by Eric’s behavior, slapped him on his face before going back to dreamland.

 

“Dude, you are not my mother. So you don’t have to ing wake me up. Aish, you are ruining my beauty sleep.” The younger man grumbled and covered himself with his blanket.

 

Eric, who is still persistent on waking Hye Sung up, decided to throw the blanket away from the bed, making Hye Sung, angry. Really angry.

 

“I’m just waking you up my dorm buddy. I just doesn’t want my dorm buddy to be late for class.” Eric said politely.

 

“And if you could please get out from bed and get ready. We only have one more hour before the school bell rings.” The older man continued.

 

“. Since when do I treat you as my dorm buddy? You wore my boxers without my permission and now this? Waking me up for school? Are you ing on your right mind? I guess your former dorm buddy hates you so much that you have to leave the academy, am I right to say that?” The younger man yelled in frustration.

 

“And I am going to appeal to the head master to shift you out from his room if you are going to disturb me one more time.” The younger man continued, grabbing the blanket that was on the floor and covering it on his body.

 

He couldn’t continue sleeping as Eric was looking at him, with his wet eyes trying to refrain himself from crying. Eric doesn’t want to show that he is hurt deep emotionally but Hye Sung’s words just hit him hard.

 

“If you could ing stop looking at me and go away. And don’t ever ing cry in this room. Boys don’t cry, .” Hye Sung stared at Eric and faced to the other side, which is the plain wall.

 

“All I just wanted is to be your friend, that’s all.” Eric muttered softly, but was loud enough for Hye Sung to hear him. He quietly took his bag and walked out from the room, closing the door.

 

After Eric left, Hye Sung quickly stood up from his bed. He felt like he had hurt Eric as much he used to hurt one of his former dorm-buddy, Lee Min Woo. He told the exact same thing as what he told Eric to Min Woo and a few weeks later, he left the college.

 

Hye Sung quickly took a shower and wore his uniform. He packed his bag and took his phone and headphones along with him and walked out from the room, heading towards his classroom.

 

When he reached to his classroom, he couldn’t find Eric in the classroom. Despite being in the same class, he seems to not see any traces of Eric. He went to ask one of his classmates, Min Guk.

 

“Min Guk-ah, where’s Eric?” Hye Sung asked.

 

“Eric? Who’s he? Oh, the new guy? He hasn’t reached class yet why?” Min Guk replied him and walked off, towards his friends.

 

Hye Sung feels odd in him. Why is worried about Eric when he couldn’t find Eric in the classroom. In fact, he should be partying and having fun with his close friends. He walked towards the male restroom.

 

To his horror, he saw Eric with bruises and cuts on his nicely sculpted face. He quickly ran to him.

 

“Eric-ah, are you okay?” Hye Sung asked in a worried tone.

 

“Hye Sung, I’m sorry if I couldn’t be the dorm buddy you wanted. I just wanted to get to know you more. I’m sorry.” Eric sobbed.

 

“Now isn’t the time for that. I’m the one who were supposed to be apologizing not you. Now, I have to sent you to the Nurse’s Office.” Hye Sung decided to piggyback the older man.

 

In the Nurse’s Office, Eric told the nurse what happened to him.

 

•••

 

Eric was walking to his classroom when he accidentally knocked down onto the school bully, Moon Hee Jun and Tony Ahn. Obviously both of them want some trouble with the new kid in school.

 

“I’m sorry. It was just an accident.” Eric pleaded.

 

“Accident? Are you ing sure it is an accident? This corridor is so ing big and yet you decided to bump on us?” Hee Jun uses his fist to hit Eric’s forehead.

 

“Hee Jun, he seems new here. Must have been a transferred student. Let’s treat him a lesson.” Tony told Hee Jun.

 

“But we can’t do it here. People can see us.” Tony continued.

 

Hee Jun dragged Eric to the nearest restroom he could find and both of them started to bash Eric up, leaving him with bruises and cuts.

 

•••

 

“I swear that Hee Jun hyung and Tony hyung is the meanest object alive in this college. They don’t even scared of the teachers here.” Hye Sung said.

 

“Hye Sung?” Eric asked.

 

“Uh?” The younger man replied.

 

“Uh, thank you for today.” Eric said

 

“And can I be your friend?” he continued.

 

“Of course Eric. I will give you my number once you reach at our room. Now I have to go back to class before Mr. Cheon starts to scold me for being late on the first day of school. See you later my dorm buddy.” Hye Sung waved at Eric before leaving the room.

 

Thank you Shin Hye Sung-shi for being my first friend in Shin Hwa High Academy. Thank you for being the best dorm buddy I ever had. Thank you for being the best best friend ever. I love you my best friend. From you dorm buddy, Eric Mun.