Day 0

Over Summer

The long-boring flight that takes him to the so called heaven on earth is finally over. His steps take him out to the fresh air of Bali. He never though that he would still feel a cool breeze in this full of beaches city. It was somewhere between morning and noon when he arrived, where the sun is already up in the sky but still not fully gives everything it has. He figured that he should stop by and put his belongings to the hotel first, before start his adventure on the city.

 

He quickly gets into the cab as soon as he got his baggage. He told the driver his destination, and enjoys the view of the busy city of Denpasar as they drove to his destination. He sighs contently at the busy city who looks unfamiliar but yet strangely beautiful to him. It is what they called heaven on earth nevertheless.

 

~ ☆☆☆☆☆ ~

 

As soon as she steps out of the plane, she inhales the fresh air she’s been missing so much. It’s not her first visit to the beautiful island. But yet, somehow she felt that this time she could explore it more. And she knows that this vacation would be something she would never forget. She quickly walks to retrieve her luggage, which only consist of one medium-size backpack and one travel bag. She walks out of the airport straight to the queuing line for taxis.

 

She waits as the man in front of her already got into his taxi, before she walks quickly to her taxi. The driver helps her put her luggage as she gets into the car. She smiles as she told the driver her destination. Looking out to the streets, she smiles again. Finally, a vacation of my own, she thought.

 

~ ☆☆☆☆☆ ~

 

It was after lunch when Xuelin decides to come out from her hotel room, and starts roaming into the beaches just right in the back of her hotel. She wears a denim shorts, a white tee, and a baseball cap,  and a small leather bag before walks out from her room.

 

She always love the way the water touch her feet. The sea would never fail to refresh her day. More so when she is here, enjoying the quiet beach she always loves. It was right when she walks to the more busier part of the beach when she noticed a small crowd. She glances at the somehow familiar tall guy who looks uncomfortable.

 

Xuelin was about to turn back to her favorite place when she finally remembers why the guy looks familiar to her. The idol. She chuckled to herself before turning back again, only to see that the idol still looks as uncomfortable as ever. She know she would regret it as soon as she did it, but she did it anyway.

 


“Xiang gege!” She shouts as she ran quickly to the tall guy who turns around and looking at her weirdly.

 

“Where have you been, gege? Ma is searching for you.. Oh! Do we have a companion? Who are they, ge?” She asks again staring at him meaningfully, while he turns his gaze away, without answering.

 

“Ehem.. I’m sorry.. I think we.. Ehmm.. It’s just that we thought he’s EXO’s Kris. But I guess, we’re wrong..” A sudden voice said, and she turns her gaze to two other girls in front of her, who looks like they’re in their high school days.

 

Xuelin nods her head, “Aaahh~ So, you think that my ge here is that idol?”

 

The two high-school girls quickly nods, afraid that something might go wrong.

 

“I guess, you really look like that arrogant-looking idol then, ge.. It’s the third-time today, right?” Xuelin said and quickly nudge the tall guy beside him, who once again turns his gaze to her with annoyed looks, but eventually nods his head.

 

“See? Sorry, to destroy your hope, girls! But he really ain’t that idol. He’s my brother, Han Junxiang.” Xuelin explains and the two high school girls quickly apologize to both of them.

 

“It’s alright! No harms done! Now, if you excuse us.. Our mom wants to meet us, so we got to go now. Bye!” Xuelin said and she drags the willingly tall guy beside him, walking fast to other direction.

 

As they arrive in a more quiet part of the beach, she make sure that the girls won’t trail behind them, and so she looks to her back few times, and sigh in relief when she realize that they’re not following them at all. She quickly let go his arms as she realize that she still clutch into it, and grins at him.

 

She walks away while still staring at him, “You better put some more efforts to hide yourself, Mr. Idol. Bye!”

 

The tall guy smile, or maybe laugh a little too as he looks at her. He was just about to answer her when he quickly catch whatever it is that she throws at him. He looks at the thing in his hands. A baseball cap. Another smile quickly crept to his face, and he quickly turns back his gaze on her.

 

She just smile at him and then waves her hand at him, turning away.

 

“Hey, mei mei!” He shouts, and Xuelin stops on her tracks, turning back again looking at the stranger in front of her.

 

“How about sharing your name to your ge?” He said tilting his head, with a teasing smile.

 

Xuelin laugh at his words, “How could you not know your mei’s name, ge?” She chuckled, shaking her head, and starts walking away.

 

He laughs at her words, and quickly catching up to her, “Come on! You could at least tell me your name, mei. I should thank you properly, right?”

 

Xuelin stops her steps again, and turns at him with a smile, “I will. Next time we meet again, I’ll tell you my name. For now.. Good-bye Mr. Idol!” She said and quickly runs, only turning again to wave at him from afar.

 

He didn’t bother to runs up to her, as he chuckled; amused with the girl she just met. He looks at the blue baseball cap in his hands as he promised to himself that he will find her again. Well, he believes that they will meet again soon, though he don't know how.  Wearing the baseball cap, he smiles to himself before walks back to his hotel.

 

~ ☆☆☆☆☆ ~

 

He stayed up, laying in his bed with a baseball cap in his chest. He found himself can’t stop smiling as he remember the small incident in the beach. He felt so thankful that anyone would stood up and help him. If helping him to run away from his fans could count as helping him. He fights with his own mind as he think how he could ever met her again. And what would he says if they meet again? Would she remember him? Of course she will!. He chuckled at his own thoughts. He closed his eyes trying to drift off to sleep while hoping or praying that somehow he can meet her again.

It was 7 o clocks in the morning when he woke up in his bed still hugging the baseball cap. He drags his steps to the bathroom to refresh himself before breakfast. Walking out from his room he goes straight to the hotel’s restaurant.

“Room 302.” He says as he handed the breakfast coupon.

The smell of a delicious bacon and egg quickly leads him to the rows filled of foods. He smiles as he saw the feast in front of him. He was busy filling his plate with some bacon and toast when his eyes catch a certain familiar figure. He looks up again to see the familiar figure. Well, guess luck is definitely on his side.

He walks quickly, reaching the familiar figure, and puts down his plate on the table. Before she could even realize, he pulls out the chair and sits in front of her, with a smirk.

 “We meet again, mei.” He says as he tilts his head, smiling his oh so famous smile.

 

~ ☆☆☆☆☆ ~

 

Xuelin was beyond speechless when she realize who her guest is. She shakes her head in disbelief, that luck was actually never on her side.

 

“Oh. Hello there, ge.” She said monotonously and starts to eat her breakfast again.

 

He nods, as he began to eat his breakfast. “So.. Mind telling me your name now, mei?”

 

She sighs as she closed her eyes. She knows this topic would be brought up soon. She looks up to him and met his eyes, “Xuelin. Han Xuelin.”

 

He smiles, “Should I introduce myself again or you already know it?”

 

Xuelin looks at him in disbelief and shakes her head, “Whatever.”

 

He chuckled, “I’m Kris. And it’s nice to meet you again, Xuelin.”

 

Xuelin looks up at him somehow she loves the way he called her name, and how he looks extremely good-looking when he smiles. She nods her head, “Nice to meet you again, Mr. Idol.”

 

He laugh, “Now, you won’t even call my name?”

 

She chuckled, “And what? Risking everyone knows that I’m sitting here eating breakfast with the infamous Kris Wu? No. Thank you. I still want to live.”

 

He smiles again, and Xuelin notes that she should tell him to stop smiling soon. “You can call me just Kris, though.”

 

“Fine. Whatever suits you, Mr. Idol. Anyway, what brings you here?”

 

He shrugs, “Just a vacation. I think I need to reward myself with a vacation. What brings you here, mei?”

 

She rolled her eyes at him, “A vacation too. I need a vacation to clear my mind.”

 

Xuelin quickly finishes her breakfast and puts her utensils down. “Now, if you excuse me. I need to go now.” Xuelin says as she puts down her tissue, and gets up from her chair.

 

She smiles at him once more before turning to walk away when she felt his hands on her wrist, stopping her from walking away.

 

“Let’s spend our vacation together..” He says, without looking at her.

 

Slowly he looks up to meet her eyes, “Let’s just… Spend our vacation together, Xuelin.”

 

~ ☆☆☆☆☆ ~

 

She stood there staring at him to find anything that shows her that he’s joking. But nothing came up. He look dead serious about this idea.

 

“Wh-what?”

 

“I just.. I don’t want to spend it alone. It’s just.. Let’s just spend our vacation together, Xuelin. Please.”

 

She slowly sits back on her seats still looking at him, before she slowly turns her gaze. “Why? Why do you want to spend it with me?”

 

He slowly let go of her wrist, looking down to his plate, not knowing what he should say. He took a deep breath before answering, “I don’t really know myself.. I just felt like it would be good to spend our summer together. And I don’t know.. It seems like you didn’t want to spend it alone too..”

 

She looks away, deep down she thought how could he knew that she actually didn’t want to spend it alone. That somehow despite everything she says to her parents, she actually needs someone to accompany her, it’s just that she didn’t know who she actually needs.

 

“Let’s just spend our summer here together, okay?” She heard him says again. Maybe this idea wouldn't be that bad. She thinks to herself. She looks back to him before she nods.

 

“Fine. Let’s spend it together.” She manages to say before letting a smile crept up to her face.

 

He smiles back, “Well, let’s start it today. But for now, you need to keep me accompany first. I’m still hungry.”

 

Xuelin laugh at his words before adding, “I’m still pretty hungry myself. Let’s dig in.

 

~ ☆☆☆☆☆ ~

a/n:
This chapter is more like a prologue, or how their vacation together starts.
That's why I named it as Day 0. Their journey will start on Day 1! And I'll be updating soon~
Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting on this story :)


See you on the next chapter~!