OO1

Before I Forget

The sound of the baby crying fills up the room and the both of them toss and turn. Soojung groans, "Can you..." before she finishes her sentence, Jongin gets off the bed and walks over the cradle, picking up the little angel of his. He rocks her side to side while he hums a short lullaby, putting the younger back to sleep. Slowly, he puts back the younger back in the cradle making sure that she was fully asleep. Jongin tiptoes back to the bed, Soojung wraps her arms around his waist and mumbles a thank you. Jongin chuckles as he turns to face her, kissing her lips.

The both of them have married for almost five years and they were blessed with a little girl named Hanna on their second year of marriage. Jongin and Soojung knew each other since high school. The twenty-eight year olds often quarrelled when they were younger but eventually made up and that had made a strong bond between the both of them and had showed the truth behind hate is love.

Rays of sunlight make its way inside their bedroom, stirring Soojung from her sleep. She wakes up and puts her hand up to her face, covering the sunlight that shines right through her face. She inwardly groans, Jongin stirs at her small movements. Soojung blinks as she slowly gets down from the bed and tiptoes out of the room to prepare breakfast but before doing so, she makes sure Hanna is asleep and washes her face.

With her hair up in a ponytail, Soojung takes out the milk from the refridgerator and Hanna's favourite cereal from the cabinet and places it on the dining table. She then brews coffee for both Jongin and her while she waits for the pan to heat up. The pan sizzles as she places a few strips of bacons inside the pan.

Jongin cooes, "I smell bacon," as he walks towards the kitchen. Soojung turns her head and looks at him, she flashes a smile and nods her head.

Jongin walks closer to her and kisses her cheeks, "Good morning beautiful!"

"Good morning gorgeous. Sleeping Beauty not awake?"

Jongin shakes his head, "Nope, probably tired from yesterday's birthday party."

Soojung asks, "Do you think we should match-make her with Yifan's and Sooyeon's son?"

"Jjung-ah, she's only three and she is not going to get married with your sister's son. I do not want Yifan as my in-law."

Soojung giggles as she places the bacons on a plate and start cooking the eggs. Soojung replies, "It was just a suggestion."

Jongin shakes his head and the both of them hears the little angel cry, Soojung turns her head to face Jongin only to hear him say, "Don't worry, I got her," as he dashes back to their room.

Jongin sees the little girl standing in her cradle with her hands open wide, begging him to carry her. Jongin pulls her up and out of the cradle, embracing her in his arms and attacking her cheeks. "Good morning angel!"

She replies, "Mama!"

Jongin frowns, "No, not mama," though to no avail, Hanna repeats the same thing. Jongin carries her out to the living room and puts her on the play-mat. He informs, "She called for you."

Soojung replies, "Of course! I'm her mother, and breakfast is ready. Your daily coffee too."

Jongin simply nods his head and plays with Hanna, Soojung puts her arms on her waist, obviously unhappy that she is ignored by her husband and daughter. "Kim Jongin, get your here and bring your daughter along."

Jongin chuckles at Soojung's small jealousy and carries Hanna in his arms and places the younger in her baby chair. She squeaks, "Milk!"

Soojung pours the milk in her bowl and puts the spoon in her hand. Jongin says, "She's going to make a mess-"

Soojung cuts, "Aw, that's sweet of you to clean up if she makes a mess."

"What? I... Nevermind."

Soojung meekly smiles and pats Jongin's hand, "I love you too."

Jongin sips his coffee and nods his head as he takes a strip of bacon and puts it on a slice of bread, he takes the egg and another slice of bread to sandwich them up and shoves it in his mouth. Soojung shakes her head, "Can you not be a pig?"

Jongin swallows down and answers, "I'm not a pig, I'm your husband and you cook too well."

Hanna calls, "Mama!"

Soojung turns her head to her, "Yes, angel. Mama's here."

Hanna raises her spoon, "Milk!"

Soojung shakes her head, "No milk, cereal soggy."

Jongin mutters, "She will throw that spoon at you."

Soojung turns her head to look at Jongin and glares him down. Jongin asks, "What? I said I love you."

Soojung rolls her eyes and looks back at Hanna who seems to be enjoying her cereal with no extra milk. Jongin asks, "Where's the paper?"

Soojung blinks, she replies, "You're holding it."

Jongin looks at his hands and chuckles, "Oh! Silly me."

Soojung shakes her head and enjoys her breakfast. She asks, "Will you be late tonight?"

Jongin looks away from the paper and turns his head to face Soojung, he shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know."

Soojung raises a brow, "I thought you had a company dinner tonight."

Jongin asks, "I do? Oh, yeah. I do, with Sehun's company. Right! Thanks for reminding me, sweetheart."

"Ey, is Kim Jongin getting old?"

Jongin chuckles and excuses himself to get ready for work. As he dries himself, he takes his black slacks with his blue shirt, he looks at the mirror and combs his hair. Soojung walks in the room with Hanna in her hands, she informs, "Second drawer, third column."

Jongin looks at her and smiles, "You know me all too well."

Soojung flashes a grin and nods her head, "Of course, I'm your wife," heading inside the bathroom to prepare the water for Hanna.

Jongin asks, "Any plans today?"

Hanna calls, "Papa!" Jongin looks at her and waves his hand, smiling. Soojung looks at Jongin and answers, "We're probably visiting Jinri and I might head to the boutique for a minute to check on how the sales are going."

Jongin nods his head, "Well, have fun and drive safe. I'll get going."

Soojung nods her head and replies, "You too, dear!"

Hanna cooes, "Papa bye!"

 

- - - - -

 

His secretary, Jooyeon, a young lady in her early 20's greet him, "Good morning, sir. Should I brief you on today's schedule?" as she walks beside him. Jongin nods his head, she continues, "The morning meeting is cancelled, but you do have an appointment at 11 with Mr. Seo from Seo Corporations at their headquarters. Should I reserve the driver for you or you'll drive there?"

Jongin thinks for awhile, "Reserve me the driver for the whole day today. What else?"

Jooyeon nods her head, "Lunch at two with Mr. Byun, and tea at five with Mr. Do. The dinner tonight is at World Hotel, will your wife and daughter be joining, sir?"

"Are they allowed to?" opening the door to his office.

Jooyeon nods her head, "Yes sir, Mr. Oh says family are allowed. It is his resignation party."

Jongin furrows his brows, "He is resigning?"

Jooyeon looks at him and answers, "Yes, sir. You were the one who had planned the party with his son."

Jongin says, "Oh, well then, send Mr. Ban to pick up my wife and daughter at seven."

Jooyeon nods her head and is about to walk out, Jongin calls, "Wait, Jooyeon."

Jooyeon stops her steps and looks at him, "Yes sir?"

He smiles, "Better yet, let me pick them up. Thank you." Jooyeon flashes a warm smile and nods her head before she walks out of the office.