Prologue - I Just Want To Know Your Name

The Airport's Basement

Author P.O.V

Five more minutes and I’m free.

She watched the ticking clock in anticipation whilst biting her lip as her fingers drummed on her table. She paid no attention to the teacher or her surroundings and with every second that went by, her excitement only grew.

As the minute hand made its way to the digits ‘12’, she used her free hand to grab onto her bag and brought it up to her lap; her eyes focussed on the clock.

Finally, the moment she had been waiting for; dismissal.

The bell rang, signalling the end of lessons for the day.

“Okay students; remember to get your assignment done by the end of this week. You are now dismissed.” Upon hearing that last sentence, she slung her bag onto her shoulder and darted out of the classroom. Everyone was practically used to that. It wasn’t a weird sight to see Sora dashing out of the classroom at the end of the lessons. She was always the first one out and everyone knew why.

Upon reaching the bus stop, she clutched onto the side of her stomach as she panted heavily.

Why did I even run? The bus hasn’t even arrived yet.

As her breathing slowed down and eventually went on its usual pace, she sat down on the bench and put on her headphone. Scrolling through her playlist, she smiled at the sight of her favourite song; ‘Know Your Name by Jay Park’.

As she let herself drown in the music, she pictured the choreography in her mind and knew each and every step. Sora was a fast learner. She only had to watch the dance performances or practices three times and within one try, she’d get the steps. It was almost as though she had a photographic memory.

Everyone in school knew she danced since she’d often take part in any talent competition hosted by the school itself. Many admired her dancing skills and some even wished they could dance as well as her. A lot of guys had crushes on her but she never actually paid much attention to them. Girls don’t hate her but they do envy her.

Sora would have been one of the popular girls in school. She had the looks, the smarts and the talent. But she was a conserved person. Sure she was friendly and never did put up an act around people just so she could fit in but her life only revolved around dancing.

Because to her, only through dancing, would she be able to express herself.

-------------------

Upon arriving at the airport, she headed to the toilet to get changed. Once she had changed into her dance pants as well as her crop top that fell just above her waist, she put on her high cut sneakers and tied her hair up into a high ponytail. Taking one more look at herself in the sink mirror, she plastered on a huge smile and made her way to her usual spot; the basement.

The basement would usually be vacant and she’d usually be the only one there. But that day, that day was different. There was a group of boys sitting in the middle of the basement, joking around with each other and the moment they saw her, their brows perked up in amusement. She was slightly surprised at first because she hadn’t thought that there’d be other people at the basement but within seconds, she was back to her usual demeanour.

Simply ignoring their existence, she wandered to her favourite spot which was located at one end of the basement where the doors were clear enough to be used as mirrors. Placing her bag down onto the floor, she plugged her IPod into her mini-speaker and within the click of a button, the all-too-familiar song played.

At the start of the song, she did a few small stretches to make sure her muscles wouldn’t cramp up in the middle of her dancing. Once she was done, she paid close attention to the beat and soon enough, she was lost in the music.

---------------

“Woo girl- I’ll go at the pace you want,

I’m at the place where you want,

But inside my heart, it’s you,

I want you so bad, I’m about to go crazy,

But first, I will hold it in right now”

 

Her movements flowed well and she was on par with the beat.  Her body waves were stunning and she pulled off the girl dancer’s y choreography really well. Her stamina throughout the whole choreography was consistent and surprisingly, the amount of energy she put into each step was beyond anyone’s expectations. Throughout the whole song, her focus was only on the choreography and the beat. Her surroundings seemed to be a blur to her and she was unaware of the pairs of eyes directed right at her.

And apparently, she had piqued the interest of one of them.

Subconsciously, at the last line of that song, he had sung along to it in his mind.

I just want to know your name.

--------------------

So here's the prologue to 'The Airport's Basement'! I know it's pretty short but don't worry; the upcoming chapters will be much longer ;) So let me know what you think of this story so far and subscribe :)

Till the next update~

-NXueHua