Valentine?

Valentine? - Leo

Hearing your pages flip and turn, you heard some soft laughter as you looked across the library at the group of guys that sat around the table. When your eyes looked over at then all of the boys stopped giggling as you knew that they were talking about you.

Chewing on the inside of your cheek, you put in your headphones as the guys got up and left, leaving only one at the table. He pulled out his books as you glanced over at him.

He, Leo, was the quietest member but that didn’t bother you, you knew that you liked him and knowing how many girls liked him, you thought that you would book him a couple weeks in advance just in case he got other offers.

Closing your books, you carried them over to Leo’s table as you sat in front of him. His eyes carefully lifted as he met your eyes with his.

"Can I help you with something?" He asked in hushed tones as your heart stopped beating for a few seconds before catching your words.

"I was just wondering if you wouldn’t mind being my Valentine?" Your leg bounced up and down under the table to channel your nervousness as you just asked out your best friend. He smirked as he glanced down at his work before looking back at you.

"Are you serious? Do you want this just because…?" He giggled as he looked at you like it was a joke.

"I’m serious. I like you Leo." You said a little too loudly as the Librarian shushed you and you ducked your head and felt everyone’s eyes on you. Leo’s reddening cheeks gave everything away as he packed up his books as he left you at the table and went out of the library. Quickly gathering your things, you walked quickly out of the library and grabbed his arm with your hand.

”______ I can’t accept your Valentine, I don’t have the same feelings for you that you have for me.” Your grip loosened as he moved his arm out of your grip before walking outside into the cool air.

Standing there, you let people pass you as you couldn’t help but want to cry. Wondering around the campus, you finally found a quiet place to sit away from all of the people and the stress of school. Covering your head with your hood, you curled up in the corner as you tried to mend your broken heart through music.

A slight tap on your head made you more alert to your surroundings, a second tap came and you lifted up your head. A guy stood there as he knelt down and pulled one of your headphones out of your ears.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as you just curled yourself up into a tighter ball. "Was it a guy?" You nodded as you tried to act tough. "Did he not want to return your feelings?" Looking up at him, your eyes got wide.

"H-How did y-you know t-that?" You asked as you voice cracked from the crying.

"I have seen it too many times. Also the song on your iPod was named Heart Breaker." He said as he cautiously pushed your hood from your head. "Do you want to go get something together, to try and get your mind off of him?"

Standing on your feet, you picked up your books holding them between your arms. “What were you thinking?”

"Maybe some ice cream or something." He gave you a kind smile as you nodded. "My name is Daekyun. What’s yours?

”______.” Both bowing to each other he poked your side as you giggled. Walking down to the ice cream shop, he ordered two cones and had you choose your flavor as they handed them over the counter to you.

"Thank you." You said as you took a of your ice cream.

"Ice cream is a cure to everything." He said as both of you walked down the street slowly. "You want to tell me more about this guy you were with?" He up his melting ice cream as you took a deep breath.

"Well, we were friends, best friends. Every time he would text me or sit next to my I felt special, like someone cared for me. Then lately my heart kept on speeding up when I saw him and I couldn’t talk to him and I couldn’t look into his eyes." You said as you your dripping ice cream.

"I see, that is how it was with my first girlfriend, but she was older than me and she didn’t like that I was younger than her, so when she went off to college I told her that I loved her and she went off and got with some other guy." He said as he took a seat on a bench.

"What happened to her?" You asked as you placed your books on your lap.

"She got married to the other guy but she was never really happy." He said with a sad tone as he watched the passing people.

"I’m sorry." You said sadly as you chewed on your cone.

"That is why I want to help you." He said as he looked over at you.

"What do you mean? How?" You were all ears as he smirked at you.

"She discovered her feelings for me too late, so I want to make sure that your guy discovers them while he can." He said as he looked through the crowd of faces. "Is that him?"

Daekyun pointed to a man across the street as you nodded, that was Leo heading home.

"Let’s make him jealous, like you have a new best friend." He laid out his plan as you nodded, he rested his arm over your shoulder as Leo looked over in your direction. Daekyun waved at Leo as he was surprised that you were with someone else.

Leo huffed off walking faster to his place as you had a smile on your face.

"Looks like he knows something is up." Daekhyun said as he got up, "I have to go, see you tomorrow at school ______."

"Thank you for everything." You waved at him before heading back to your place as well.

The weeks had passed and you and Daekyun began to spend every spare moment together, actually creating a real friendship instead of one to get back at Leo.

Leo watched you as he sat in the shadows, he wanted to get you away from Daekyun as soon as he could, so he began to formulate a plan to get you back. Jealousy and other feelings began to surface for you as he knew that he had to do something to get you back.

Valentine’s Day rolled around the corner as no one had asked you to be their Valentine. Balloons and flowers were all around you as you wondered what would happen between Leo or Daekyun today.

Leo came out of nowhere, grabbing your wrist and pulling you along behind him as you saw Daekyun, he waved at you and smiled at you as you were hoping that this was a good thing.

"Leo where are we going?" You asked as you barely refused his actions.

"Somewhere where that guy isn’t" Leo huffed as he got on the bus with you and made you sit next to the window so that he could pin you in.

"Why are we on a bus?" You asked as you looked at Leo who looked a little… well… different then he usually does.

"I want to take you somewhere." He said with a quiet tone as the bus pulled up on the outskirts of the city. Leo grabbed your wrist again dragging you off the bus as he paid his fees. The bus pulled away as Leo let you go and folded his arms over his chest as he stood in front of you.

"What were you doing with that guy?" Leo asked as you looked up at him.

"He was just helping me. He is just a friend." You said quietly.

"You have been hanging around him a lot." Leo remarked as he tried to read your body language.

"That is because I spent the time with him that I would have spent being with you." You turned around as Leo couldn’t help like he did this to himself.

"Can I show you something?" Leo asked as he walked up beside you.

"Sure" You grumbled as he took your hand softly into his and walked with your slowly through the wall of trees and to a beautiful field filled with grass and wild flowers as the view looked over the beautiful sea in the distance.

"W-What…. W-W-What…?" You stuttered as he chuckled knowing that he did a good job.

"Well while you were with the other guy it gave me some time to thing, some time for my emotions to show themselves to me and for my mind to follow my heart." Leo said poetically as he sat down on the colorful blanket as a picnic basket sat in the corner over by Leo.

"I miss the way that you laugh." Leo pulled out some Laffy Taffy. "I missed the say that you used to stare at me during class." He pulled out some Sushi that looked like eye balls. "I missed the way that you spend all of your time with me, all of the memories that we had together just seemed so empty while you weren’t with me." He pulled out some fortune cookies. "I needed you like water." He pulled out water as you looked down at the feast before you. Leo rose his head and pushed your chin up with his fingers.

"I know that you like me, and I have come to discover that I like you too." Leo felt his heart beating out of his chest as he prepared himself for his next words. "Will you be my Valentine?"

Feeling your heart pick up its pace, you wanted to say yes but something was holding you back. Leo looked at your face and saw hesitation as he pulled on of the fortune cookies out of the package.

"Open it and see what your answer will be." Leo guided as you took the small cookie in your hands and wished that you would know what to do, breaking the cookie, you opened your eyes and pulled out the paper and read what was on it.

Chances are meant to be taken, if they aren’t you could miss out on something that would be truly wonderful.

Looking up at Leo, you held the paper in your hand as you gazed into his brown eyes as he just sat there waiting. It was all up to you now.

"Leo…" You looked at him with a small smile as your fingers rubbed over the paper as your heart wanted to do this too. "I would love to be your Valentine."

In an instant, Leo wrapped you in a hug and you were laying on the ground as Leo was on top of you.

"Thank you. That was the scariest thing I had to do in my life." Leo said as you wrapped your arms around him the best you could before Leo sat up and fixed his hair with blush prominent on his cheeks.

"Thank you for this beautiful day and picnic that you planned for me, it is perfect." You leaned against his shoulder as he smiled down at you. Picking up a sushi, he guided it to your mouth as you took it with a smile and did the same for him. You knew that is was an opportunity that you would never regret.