Symptoms

Battle Wounds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Battle Wounds

Chapter 1

 

"Hey Minho!" I heard someone yelling my name. "Right here man!" I turned around and saw Key waving both of his hands at me. He was in the middle of a massive crowd at Myeongdong district center. "Wah~ long time no see Minho!" The moment I reached him, he crushed me into a tight hug, almost choking me.

"Ugh! That hurts Kibum-ah." I said, releasing myself from him.

"Ow, sorry. Wow, is it just me or did you grow even taller? You look dashing man, have you ever considered modeling for instance?" He eyed me from head to toe and quickly stole some shots from his camera.

"Seriously? Modeling? Pssh~ you haven't changed a bit Kim Kibum. I miss you man. Come on, we've got loads of catching  up to do." I said, patting his back and leading him out of the crowd to my car.

"Yup! We sure have tons of stories to tell each other to. Three years, was just way too long. Let's go." Said Key as he fastened his seatbelt, and I started the engine.

 

 

 

"Amber noona, when is Minho hyung coming?" Yoogeun has been pacing around his room all evening waiting for his brother's arrival.

"In a bit Yoogie... But first, eat your dinner, araso? Here..." Amber took a spoonful of pumpkin soup out of Yoogeun's bowl and tried to feed the little boy, but he just shoves the lady's arm away making the soup spill all over the floor.

"Aish! I swear, if this creature right in front of me wasn't sharing the same bloodline as I am, God, I would've strangled him to death already." She silently murmured while taking the cloth rag from the bathroom and started wiping the mess on the floor.

"Okay, Yoogie, if you don't want to eat, fine. But don't blame Amber noona if your hyung scolds you later when he comes." She took the food tray from Yoogeun's bed to the coffee table at one corner of the room.

"Hyung won't scold me. He never gets mad at me noona. Where is he anyway?" The boy pouted.

"Whatever you say little man." She ruffled Yoogeun's hair, which earns her devil eye slits from the boy. Moments later, the door of the hospital room swing open welcoming two teenage lads inside.

The moment little Yoogie saw his hyung at the door, he immediately crushed himself to his brother, hugging his legs tight.

"You're late! I have been waiting for you hyung so that we can have dinner together." Yoogeun stared at him pouting.

"I'm sorry Yoogeun-ah, hyung has to fetch someone first before heading here, that's why I got late. Anyways, let's all eat our dinner now, I bet you're already hungry. Come on." Minho lifted his brother and carried him back to his bed.

"Amber, I'm sorry for troubling you again on watching out for Yoogeun while I'm gone."

"Nah~ it's no big deal Minho. I better get going now, m-my... uh... mom just called a while ago saying she needs to meet up with me at the shop, bye!" She hurriedly went outside the room.

"Yah! Wait Amber! Aish, what's up with her? What's with the stuttering?" Minho wanted to offer Amber to have dinner together with them but wasn't able to do so as she went out off their sight that fast. "Never mind..." He just shrugged his thought off.

 

 

"Yoogeun, I bought you your favorite, jajangmyeon!"

"Wah! Thank you hyung! I'll eat this well~ hmmm."

"Hey Key! Join us. Here take this, it tastes amazing." Minho calls out to Key who remained in the same position as he was the moment they entered the room earlier.

"Huh? Oh yeah... Sure. Thanks man." The moment he heard Minho calling him, took him out of his reverie.

"You okay Key? You seemed distraught." Minho asked the lad as he sat on Yoogeun's bed and started eating his noodles.

"I-I’m fine. Really, don't worry. Hmmm~ you're right, this is amazing. It’s been so long since I last ate real Korean food, I missed this."

He led Minho's attention to another subject just to hide what he's originally feeling as of that moment. He never tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter