Ouch

Why me?

You finally said it. It finally left your throat. The words you've been longing to say and the words that he's been wanting to hear. 

You walked back home with Luhan hand-in-hand, smiling. Both of you couldn't take the smiles on your face. "Am I dreaming?", Luhan thought. 

Luhan walked you back home and was about to bid you goodbye, but your mom saw that Luhan was there. She invited him in, which he couldn't reject. He walked in and took his shoes off. 

Jongin was in the living room, watching some tv, when he saw a face he dreaded to see pop up. He saw Luhan walking in. Jongin felt his heart pinch, especially when Luhan was walking in holding your hand. "You've got to be kidding me...", Jongin thought. 

Luhan's smile faded when he saw Jongin. He bowed to Jongin then you lead him upstairs to your room. 

"No funny business.", you heard your mom say as you were walking up. You rolled your eyes and Luhan chuckled. 

You opened the door to your room and let Luhan in. "Wow, so this is where you sleep.", Luhan said. 

"That sounds mildly creepy, but yeah. What do you wanna do?", you asked him as you laughed. 

He sat on your bed, bouncing on his seat like he was testing the springs. He smiled and opened his arms. He was motioning for you to give him a hug. "Han, come here~", he said, "I am so happy." 

You walked into his arms and hugged him back. He wrapped his arms around you tightly and pulled you towards him. He leaned back and lied down on the bed pulling you with him. You ended up on top of him.

A blush crept up onto your face when you realized that you were so close to him. Luhan didn't seem to mind though. He was staring at your eyes as he quietly said, "I love you so much, Hana." He hugged you tighter. 

You whispered, "I love you, too, Luhan." 

You and Luhan were having your moment when someone was on the other side of your door accidentally listening to your conversation. 

Jongin's POV

"Jongin!", Hana's mom called.

"Ne, umma?"

"Can you call them back down for me. Lunch is ready.", she said, 

"Ah, ne~", I answered back. 

I slowly walked up the stairs. I didn't wanna see Hana with Luhan. I had to admit I was hurt. Hana and I had such a great night and waking up beside her was something I've been longing to do since I got here. I did wake up beside her but she ended up leaving and coming back with.. him. 

He came so unexpectedly. Ugh, my heart hurts seeing her so happy with him. All I could think about was 'if only that were me'. I kept imagining over and over about how she would be smiling because of me, how her heart would flutter because of me. I know I was too late. I just realized that Hana was who I loved. That's why I couldn't accept any body's heart back in Japan. 

Sigh.

I finally reached the top floor. I can hear them talking in her room. 

I can hear the happiness in her voice. Ugh, this kills. I held my chest as I felt the heavy feeling in my heart.

I stood by the door of her room ready to knock when I heard Luhan's voice. 

"I love you, Hana." 

Ouch. 

"I love you, too, Luhan." 

Double ouch. Somebody, help me. I feel like my heart is dying. Why does it hurt so much? Hana and I never had a thing. And even if she said she loved me and wanted to marry me, that was too long ago. We were kids. But that's what was giving me hope. Hope that, maybe, Hana will love me back one day. I can wait for her, I will wait for her. When her and Luhan don't work out, I'll come back to Korea and let her lean on me. 

I was too stuck in my thoughts that I didn't realize that I opened Hana's room without knocking. What I saw shattered my heart. 

End of Jongin's POV

You gasped when you saw Jongin's figure in your doorway. 

"Oppa!", you yelped as you pushed yourself off Luhan. 

Jongin stood there frozen for a few seconds. 

"Jongin-ssi.", Luhan called to snap him out of his trance. 

"Huh? Uh, oh. Umma is calling you both down for lunch.", he said, "And, Luhan, y-you call call me hyung. I am Hana's... oppa."

Luhan gave him a little smile and nodded as he said, "Ah, ne, hyung."Luhan thought, "Maybe, this Jongin guy isn't so bad."

You held Luhan's hand and pulled him up to go down. Jongin looked away and started walking down. 

Lunch was served and Luhan stayed a bit longer. Jongin would always glare at you and Luhan whenever he saw you two acting all lovey dovey. 

When Luhan said he had to go home, he let out a sigh that meant, "Finally.".

You went up to your room after Luhan was gone so that you could call Yu-ri about your confession. 

You talked to Yu-ri for such a long time that you didn't realize that it was already late and that it passed dinner already. You weren't hungry so you decided to sleep. 

 

The next day. 

You woke up and went downstairs as usual. You wanted to see if Jongin wanted to hang out but to your dismay, he wasn't home. 

You decided to text him. 

Oppa~ Where are you? I thought you wanted to hang out everyday. Did you lie? :O kekeke, just kidding. - Hana

He replied after 5 minutes.

Oh... Hana. I went out to see my friends. Sorry T^T Next time.  - Jongin

Arraso, oppa! I'll be waiting ~ Have fun ^o^ - Hana

You just tossed your phone to the side and had a lazy day. 

On the other hand, Jongin wasn't with his friends. He lied. He was actually walking down the streets of Hongdae, looking for a place to kill time. 

He walked for a while until he found a cafe. He stayed there reading his etextbook on his electronic reader for school for hours. 

It was sunset and the cafe was the top floor of the building. He stared into the sunset and said to himself, "Right, this is how it should be. The more you stay with her, the harder it will be to let go."

Jongin was avoiding you. He didn't want to get too attached. Unfortunately, he was in too deep. He knew he was in love with you and he was too late. The least he could do was to avoid you so he could control his emotions first. 

Jongin stayed there until it was late enough. 

He got up and headed towards a club. 

...

It was 12am and Jongin wasn't home yet. You sat on the couch staring at your phone.

"Hana, go to bed. Your oppa is probably having fun with his friends.", your mom said. 

You nodded and headed up to your room. You called Luhan before you slept to say good night. 

"Good night, Hannie~" 

"Good night, my angel. I love you~" 

"I love you, too."

End call.

Your eyes fluttered closed. Soon, you fell into a deep sleep.

...

You woke up and felt an arm resting across your stomach. 

Your eyes followed the arm and saw an almost- Jongin sprawled out beside you. 

Your eyes widened and you gasped. 

"O-oppa?!"

 


MY LOVELY POTATOES~

I am so sorry for this crappy chapter. I've been losing the feeling to write as I've been feeling really down lately. I do want to write so that I could post a chapter for you guys but I've just been feeling really down. T^T

Not to worry! I'll get back up soon. I'm starting to feel better so I'll post again soon! And the next chapter won't be so bland >< 

Thank you for being such considerate readers! You guys aren't just my readers, you're my friends <3 

I love you all! 

See you next chapter :3