Key To My Heart

It's My Turn To Cry

 

 





You're Not Sorry

baekhyun one-shot by hannami

 Ji-Hye's P.O.V

   "Where are we going?" I said to him , as I sipped my drink.We were sitting on a bench outside the library , talking about where and when will we meet up for a blind date."You know , the usual." He replied casually , referring to a coffee shop down the street."Can't we go somewhere more romantic? That old coffee shop is getting boring." I blurted , putting the finished drink on the ground."How about a lunch at the Mexican food restaurant near your house?" He suggested , playing with his phone.

   "Sounds good.Wanna go clubbing tonight?" I asked.He nodded , smiling at me.I know , he already has a girlfriend , which is my mortal enemy but who cares? Me? Duh , hell no.We have been going on a few blind dates lately after I figured out he has a crush on me.We went clubbing together quite often , because he obeys me when he's completely drunk.

  "Baekhyun?" I heard and looked up.It was Eun-jin."Uh,yeah?" He replied , still not moving from his position."You said you wanna go have lunch together." She said with a disappointed tone."I , uh , um , I-I need to do something.Go with your friends.Sorry hun." He stuttered and shivered."I , um , understand.See you back in the apartment then, I guess." She said , biting her lips and slowly walking away.

   "Let's go." He said and offered his hand.I gladly held his hand and we walked to his car and went to the restaurant he mentioned earlier.After eating, he drove off to his and Eun-jin's shared apartment while I walked back home.

   Eun-jin's P.O.V

    "Honey , I'm going clubbing with some friends.I'll be home late,don't wait for me." Baekhyun said to me and kissed my cheek."But--" I was about to protest but I didn't finished my whole sentence."Hm? Anything wrong?" He asked , lifting up his left brow."Uh , um nothing.Go on,have fun." I shrugged."Okay then.See you later hun." He said and walked out the door.

  Baekhyun , don't you remember our 2 years anniversary , which is today? Sigh , nevermind.I took out the chocolate cake from the oven and heaved a heavy sigh.I grabbed a pastry bag filled with vanilla icing and wrote on the cake , 'Happy 2 years anniversary , Baekhyun.Love , Eun-jin.' I know he wouldn't eat or see this, because he's going to be wasted by the time he gets back but I wrote it anyway , thinking that it will make me feel a little bit better.

 I took a quick shower and changed into pajamas , getting ready to sleep.Before that , I put the cake in the fridge , figuring that me and Baekhyun will eat it later on , eventually.I bit my lips and checked my phone.Nothing.Nothing at all.No missed calls , no messages no anything.I put it on my nightstand and laid down , staring blankly at the ceiling.Insomnia being a giant wall between me and dreams.I twisted and turned , still unable to sleep.

 I tried counting sheeps , reading a really really really thick novel , listened to some piano compositions but nothing took an effect on me.I am still wide awake , and it's getting pretty late.Aish , why isn't he back yet? It's almost midnight.I got worried and couldn't stop thinking bad things that will probably happen to Baekhyun.I reached for my phone and quickly dialed his number but it went straight into the inbox.After the 'beep' I left him a little message , 'Hey , um Baekhyun are you okay? When will you be back?' my forehead trickled a few drops of sweat.I felt hot , although I had the air conditioner on.

 Just then , I heard someone downstairs.Thinking that it would be Baekhyun , I rushed downstairs.It was him indeed but he looked and smell terrible.He was already wasted."Hey babe." He slurred and slowly collapsed."Baekhyun!" I screeched.I used all of my energy to support him from falling straight to the floor and tried my hardest to push him onto the sofa.I sat next to him and held his hand.It was cold,ridiculously cold.I went to the kitchen and checked the first aid kit for a thermometer.I quickly went back to him and opened his mouth.It was horrible.I inserted the thermometer into his mouth and took it out.I read the temperature and it was 40 °Celcius.He's having a fever.I frowned and put away the thermometer.

 I put a damp cloth on his forehead and took off his leather jacket , yawning.I felt sleepy now that he's finally here.I went upstairs and got a blanket for us.Since I can't possibly lift him up to our room , I decided to sleep here with him instead.I wrapped the blanket around us and I leaned my head onto his shoulder , slowly closing my eyes.


  The next morning when I woke up, Baekhyun wasn't there.Instead I was lying on something comfy and my head isn't on his shoulder anymore.I looked around and I was in our room.I scratched my head, confused.How did I get here? I sat up and rubbed my eyes,I didn't even realize Baekhyun was already sitting beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist."Morning babe." He greeted and that was when I realized he was there. "Oh,you're awake." I said and half-smiled at him.

 "Sorry for burdening you last night.I know,I'm heavy." He sighed."It's fine.Wanna have breakfast?" I asked.He looked down before shaking his head."Sorry babe maybe tomorrow morning.I have some errands to run." I nodded , acting like I understand but deeply inside I felt sad.He had a drastic change.He isn't the Baekhyun I know , he would always be with me no matter what.Now , it's the opposite.He keeps rejecting my offers , he leaves me alone day and night.our 2 years relationship is slowly falling apart,without him realizing it.


 Baekhyun's P.O.V

 "Baekhyun!" Ji-Hye squealed.I smiled and kissed her forehead.She clinged onto my arm and leaned  her head onto my shoulder."So , um what happened last night?" She asked , referring to me being drunk."Well,I collapsed but I when I woke up I was on the sofa , with a blanket wrapped around me and Eun-jin was also there,sleeping with her head on my shoulder." I answered truthfully.Hearing this,she pouted."I told you,you could've been sleeping at my apartment."

 "I can't.Eun-jin will be upset." I said and she looked at me in the eyes , sternly."Why do you have to care about her so much? I'm here,in front of you.It hurts , don't you get it? I've secretly had a crush on you too,Baekhyun but by the time I realized it,you were already taken." Tears started to form in her eyes.I hugged her tight and whispered sweet nothings into her ear.

 Admit it,Baekhyun.You're falling for her.

  Since then,we have been clubbing almost every night,we have lunch every now and then.The name Eun-jin,who used to light up my life slowly faded from my mind.The fact that I am currently cheating on my girlfriend also washed away.I finally realized,who I wanted to be with.


  Eun-jin's P.O.V

  He promised.He promised for the millionth time already that he will spend more time with me.He promised not to get drunk and burden me again,he promised he will stay home and be with me.He promised he will take me for a candle lit dinner.He promised he will be there for me.

 It was all lies.Our strong bond finally broken down into little pieces.My heart crushed,just like our relationship.He never realized such things,but I know,I must find out what's causing our relationship to be awkward,irritatingly awkward.Is it because he gives the same excuse every time I ask him to go anywhere with me,or maybe even have meals together? Sorry.Is that the only thing you can say ,Baekhyun? Baekhyun , you're a liar.When will you realize? My heart is fragile , just like glass.You hurt me , emotionally.

  I laid down on the bed,facing the walls with our pictures on it,crying.Baekhyun,what are you doing to me? I heard someone downstairs,laughing.Since I know , Baekhyun is the only who I gave the spare keys to,I wiped my tears and tried to make it oblivious that I was crying.I slowly got up and went downstairs but before my feet even reached the floor, I saw something that I really didn't want to see in my life.He was laughing and snuggling with someone,who obviously isn't me.My heart has completely broke , I let tears stream down my cheeks and I ran back to our room,locking it and crying hard.

  I should've realize it from the start.I should've investigated a long time ago,but I didn't.Why , Baekhyun.Why? Why are you doing this to me? I know I'm not that perfect for you but why didn't you tell me if you wanted a breakup? I could've tried and get over you.Instead,you chose to secretly break my heart,you chose to make me fall in love with you so deep that I wouldn't bare to let you go.Why didn't you tell me?

   The door swung open,revealing Baekhyun.He wasn't drunk,though.He sat next to me and hugged me but I broke away from his grasp , still crying although not as hard as before."What's wrong?" He asked."You know what's wrong and you are still asking? Unbelievable." I retorted."Look,I have no idea." He excused and grabbed my arm.I got up and shook his hand off my arm."Stop,Baekhyun.I saw everything.I knew what you've been doing all this time." I glared at him and went downstairs.He followed me but I ignored him.

  "What are you talking about?" He asked me,still pretending."What am I talking about? I'm talking about you and Ji-Hye! I'm so stupid to actually believe you can take care of me,love me just the way I am.I thought you were the one for me but it turns out I'm wrong.So wrong, that I can't think straight anymore.I should've known you've been cheating on me from the start!" I yelled at him."Then why are you still here? You knew I was cheating on you but why aren't you backing off me?!" He yelled back.

  "Because I thought you still loved me! You heartbreaker.If you wanted to breakup with me from the start why didn't you tell me? I could've consider it as a good thing and would most probably be with someone else now.And what you've chose to do? You chose to break my heart without me knowing it.If you ever got back to your senses , don't try to find me.Don't even try to beg my parents to tell me where I will be.Have fun with whoever you chose to be with.I'm now officially your ex-girlfriend." I replied to him,still yelling.

   "Fine then! We're officially over now.Get your stuff out of here.I don't want to see them,ever again.I have someone who is a million times better than you.At least she isn't as dumb as you." He said through gritted teeth.His words are hurting me,but I didn't care.I glared at him for the last time and got out of the apartment with my suitcases and a box full of my stuff and pictures of us.I went to my car after having a hard time bringing down the box.It was very heavy,enough said.


  3 months has passed and I still haven't got a replacement for Baekhyun.I'm sure he's doing fine while I'm still suffering here.I planned to move to Japan in a week from now,as suggested by my parents.I agree,because if I keep on living here he will eventually find me.I'm not sure if I can actually forgive him but I am positive he isn't going to crawl back to me.

 I sighed and grabbed my phone.I had one unread message from an unknown number.It read ,

                                                             Where are you? I'm sorry :<

 I thought it must've been Baekhyun so I decided not to reply the message.I sang to myself and my phone rang.I picked it up, not caring who is the caller.I felt terribly lonely since the breakup.

 "I knew you would've been ignoring the message." The person from the other side said and a very familiar voice echoed in my little head.I ended the call and blocked the number immediately.Sighing heavily,I sat on the sofa and watched TV.


    Baekhyun's P.O.V

  "Why isn't she answering me?" I huffed."Because you broke her heart? Duh." Sungha said,strumming his guitar."I know! And I totally regret it.Can you help me?" I asked him and he looked at me with a weird look."Help you? How? I'm not a love doctor,y'know." He scoffed and continued to play his guitar.

 "Well, you can help me by tracking down where she is now." I said , fondling with my fingers."Nonsense.What do you think I am? A girl tracker thing? Sorry dude,no means no." He refused and put down his guitar."But , since you're her brother you must know where your little sister is!" I groaned."I really don't know.I haven't met up with her just yet.But Omma told me that she's planning to go and live in Japan a week from now." He confessed and went to the kitchen.

   "Baekhyun! What's with the awful smell from your fridge -- ah wait,there's a chocolate cake in here!" I heard Sungha said from the kitchen.I lazily went into the kitchen and checked it out."Weird , I didn't remember having chocolate cake." I said while scratching the back of my head."It has writings on it." Sungha stated and took out the cake.It was dry , really dry and smelled horrible.He put it on the counter and covered his nose.

  I took a closer look at it and found myself getting shocked.It was a cake that Eun-jin bake."Can you read it? I can't." He sighed.I nodded and frowned."Well, what are you waiting for? Read it out aloud.I didn't bring my spectacles along with me." He grunted.I cleared my throat before reading out,"Happy 2 years anniversary,Baekhyun.With love , Eun-jin."

 "I told you,you really can't just let her go that easy." Sungha said and patted my head."How the hell did I forgot our 2 years anniversary -- wait.Ah yes,our anniversary was during the day I passed out because of drinking too much and she had to sleep with me on the sofa because she couldn't lift me up." I sighed.

 "Sungha,help me." I pleaded."Maybe I could." He assured and I bro-hugged him.


 Sung-Ha's P.O.V

  I grabbed my phone and dialed Eun-jin's number and she picked it up on the first ring."Oppa!" She greeted happily."How's my little sister?" I asked."Pretty good actually.How about you?"

  "I'm fine.By the way wanna meet up somewhere? I haven't seen you in forever!" I exclaimed and her laugh echoed through my ears."Sure.Time? Place?"

  "You know that little playground we used to play when were kids , right? Meet me there at 3 o'clock , sharp." She agreed and said goodbye before hanging up.

 Baekhyun,although I don't like you much since you've break my sister's heart , I will still help you because I know , my sister suffers alot and you're the only one who can make it up to her.


  "Oppa,here!" I heard Eun-jin calling from afar , waving her hand.I ran towards her and hugged her tight."I haven't seen you for ages! You're all grown up now." I exclaimed."Yeah.So how's Valerie?" She asked , referring to my Canadian girlfriend."Beautiful as always, of course.By the way she said hi." I chuckled.

 "Eun-jin.Can I ask you something?" I asked as we were sitting on some swings we used to play as kids."Sure,anything." She assumed,grinning."You know,I found a chocolate cake you made in Baekhyun's fridge.He already seen it and he was in total despair.He even begged me to find you.He's really sorry.Will you take him back?" I asked her , looking down.

 "I don't know,Oppa.It hurts me to think that I've broken up with him already." She confessed."By the way,I had to change my flight from a week to three days so I will be leaving soon." She continued to say and smiled sadly at me.


   I couldn't stop thinking that she would leave so soon.I went back to Baekhyun's apartment and told him everything.It's a good thing that Eun-jin told me where she lives now."I will go there tomorrow.Wish me luck." He said , as he retrieved her current address.I nodded and patted his head , giving him courage.

 Baekhyun's P.O.V

 I am now in front of her apartment , knocking the door but no one opened it.Figuring that she might be out for a while , I slipped a letter under her door.She will read it soon,perhaps.I sighed and went back to the car and drove off back to the apartment.I opened the door and saw him watching TV with his girlfriend , Valerie.

 "Hey man!" He greeted as he noticed me standing at the door."What did she say?" He continued to ask seeing me not giving any response."Nothing, so I slipped a letter under her door." I said , letting my head low."Ah , c'mon.Cheer up.I'm sure she's going to read it anytime soon."Come watch TV with us." He offered.I refused and went upstairs.


 Eun-jin's P.O.V

  I quickly unlocked the door and felt something under my feet.I lifted up right foot and picked up whatever the thing is.After scanning it for a few times , I realized it was a letter from Baekhyun.I opened it slowly and read out the contents aloud,

          

                                    I am still hugging the crying you
                                         That nightmare was too clear, in the next second I will also awaken

                       The heart has some sighs, opening the window and writing letters
                                                   Imagining the moon as if it is also hurting

              Remember you are still here
                  I don’t want to let you cry
                    I want to let you smile the most brilliant smile
                                      Leave my heart, promise me not to cry
                                          The tears that cannot be wiped away upset me

                                             Love leaves, it’s my turn to cry, all the stars are watching
                                                                The tears are about to become an ocean
                                                                       It’s my turn to cry, the night is so bright
                                                                                              Turn off your tears this time

                                                                                                      Our photos together are yellowing a bit
                                                                                                              The one whose heart is hurting is me, unable to return to that time

                                                                                                                              Every night that I cannot fall asleep
                                                                                                                                         The room after the lights are turned off
                                                                                                                                                Using my hands to try and draw your face

                                                                                                                                                              Mianhae...Will you ever forgive me?


    My eyes started to form tears , not believing what he just sent me.But my heart is still locked.Baekhyun,you need to try harder and find the key to my heart.

author's note.

This is ... probably the longest chapter I ever made in my whole life , lmao.I was trying to keep this as a one-shot but I really think it doesn't suit if I will need to combine everything into one.lol . the story is long enough for now , though.This will only have two chapters xD hope you like it anyways.I worked hard since last night @_@