Final

TaeNySic : I Need A Time Machine

Kim Taeyeon stared straight on the mirror in front of her, which is reflecting her own self. She was in a sparkling white dress, complimenting her fair skin. Her eyes fixated on the image before her while the stylist fixed her brown hair and the silver bow. The cheering of the fans outside roared as the VCR for their next track was showing, Time Machine. In the room, there was a faint music of the said song so that the girls could sing along to it before going to the stage.

Amidst of the shouts and screams from the stylists and the managers, Taeyeon could hear someone’s voice sang along to the song. It definitely weren’t her parts, so why the person eagerly sang those lines?

One mistake, got a one regret~

It was Jessica’s voice, singing to Sunny’s lines.

Somehow, Taeyeon could feel the bitterness in those said lines.

Like, they were, belonged to her.

I need a time machine~

Jessica sang again, and this time Tiffany followed along, singing her own part.

I need a time machine~

Taeyeon stood up abruptly, startling those who were in the room. She glared at both Jessica and Tiffany, clenching her fists tight.

The girls looked back at her with those regretful eyes, like they were begging something from her.

And suddenly, those past memories played again on her head, making her sat back on the chair.

*******************

Taeyeon knew Jessica and Tiffany has the kind of relationship that none of the other girls could understand. They are like sisters, siblings, but there’s more to it. They are unbreakable. They have this thing called chemistry and that make them go along well even though they are polar opposites. Opposites do attract. Taeyeon trust that.

Taeyeon is aware of everything about them because she is madly in love with one of those two. She loves every single thing that the girl did, from the way her eyes turned into crescent shape when she laughs and smiles, to the way she gracefully walks with her smooth milky legs. Taeyeon is head over heels with Tiffany Hwang.

“ Jessica, uhm, can I talk to Tiffany for a while? “

Taeyeon approached the American duo whose just came back from their weekly shopping spree. Jessica nodded understandingly while giving a small warm smile to the leader before fled off to her room with the shopping bags. Tiffany walked towards the couch in the living room, sitting on it before turned to look at Taeyeon.

“ what’s wrong, Tae? Something is bothering your mind, am I right? “

Taeyeon sat beside Tiffany, nodding her head.

“ you know you can tell me anything. “ Tiffany assured while gripping Taeyeon’s hand.

“ I love you! Fany-ah, I really love you! “ Taeyeon suddenly pulled Tiffany into a hug, taking Tiffany by surprise.

“ T-Tae, what’s all this about? “ Tiffany struggled.

Taeyeon tightened her grip as she buried her face on Tiffany’s soft locks. The scent from Tiffany’s perfume made her head dizzy in a good way, she inhaled the lovely scent.

“ Fany-ah, I don’t know what’s wrong with me. All this while I thought I was straight, I do like boys but at the end of the day, I will still attracted to you. I fell in love with every of your features and your hardworking yet cheerful attitude make me go crazy with you. A minute without your presence, makes me feel how useless I am when you are not here. Fany-ah, I love you so much to the point I can’t even live a day without seeing you. “

Tiffany felt her tee soaked with something wet; Taeyeon’s tears. To be honest, Tiffany had always waited for this day to come. She prayed every single day that her feelings towards Taeyeon would be requited because Taeyeon was her everything. She would happily accept Taeyeon’s confession but something was holding her back.

Jessica.

“ Tae, I love you too, honestly. I have always waited for this day to come. B-but, me and Jessica, we- “

“ don’t worry, I’ll tell her about this. I know that she is protective when it comes to you, because you are like siblings, a family. I love you, Fany-ah. “

“ Tae, no, wait- “

“ Jessica~! “

Few minutes later, Jessica opened the door and peek her head while rubbing her eyes.

“ why? You disturbed my nap. “ Jessica yawned, walking to the living room.

Taeyeon stood up, pulling Tiffany along in the process and linked their hands together. Taeyeon held up their linking hands and smiled cheekily. Tiffany looked at Jessica while biting her lips. Jessica scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion.

“ you woke me up just because you want to show me that? You hold hands, so what? Ugh, you’re ridiculous! I’m going back to sleep~ “ Jessica said grumpily, heading back to her room.

“ we are together, babo-ya. “ said Taeyeon.

Jessica stopped in her tracks. She turned to look at the girls ; one with a happy face while the other one couldn’t even lift her head.

“ pardon? “ Jessica crossed her arms.

“ me and Tiffany. We are official. “

There was a minute of silence after that. The atmosphere was suffocating for Tiffany.

“ oh. “

Taeyeon snickered.

“ your reaction is only that? Seriously, Jessica? “ Taeyeon huffed.

congratulations, Tiffany.

With that, Jessica walked away, leaving the dumbfounded Taeyeon and Tiffany behind.

“ eish, she’s so icy! “ Taeyeon whined.

Tiffany held her tears.

I’m sorry, Jessica..


Taeyeon just got back to the dorm after two days visit to her hometown at Jeonju. She skipped happily to Tiffany’s room and turned the knob ever so slowly, not wanting to disturb her girl friend from her sleep. She missed Tiffany like crazy. She expected to see a sleeping beauty in the room, but instead she saw more than that.

Two bodies sleeping together on one bed.

Jessica was back-hugging Tiffany.

Clothes and undergarments scattered everywhere in the room.

Cans of beer spotted on the bedside table.

Taeyeon couldn’t believe her own eyes. The sight was too unbearable. Her eyes glimmered with tears. Her shaky legs walked closer to the two sleeping figures. The smell of got stronger as she approached the bed. Her arm shakily reached for Jessica’s bare shoulder. She shook the body, waking her up. Jessica’s eyes widened once she saw the person who woke her up. She opened to speak-

SLAP!

The loud hit woke the other girl up. She hastily covered her bare body once she saw the person that shouldn’t be there.

Taeyeon.

“ Tae-  “

Taeyeon held up her hand again, wanting to slap Tiffany but Jessica managed to take a hold of Taeyeon’s arm. Taeyeon gave the deadliest glare with her red and teary eyes, yanking Jessica’s hands away. She huffed angrily.

don’t. “ spoke Jessica.

“ oh, are you a hero now, huh? How’s the feel of sleeping with MY girlfriend? Good, huh? How does it feel, Fany-ah?!! “ Taeyeon shouted.

Tiffany had tears burst out of her swollen eyes. She shook her head while sobbing, mumbling her sorry. Jessica stood up, not caring to cover her bare body.

“ it’s not her fault. Tiffany is innocent. “

“ so how do you explain all this? Obviously you had last night! “ Taeyeon roared.

Jessica sighed.

I love Tiffany. “

Taeyeon was stunned.

“ yes, I love your girlfriend and she knew that. But she rejected me because she said she is in love with someone else, and that’s you. Honestly I’m disappointed, but I can’t force her to love me when she only has her eyes on you. So, I told her, it’s okay. Then we act like best friends, sisters because I love her too much to even hate her for rejecting me. The day you told me that you’re together, I was glad truthfully. But deep inside, I’m still hurt. I still love her dearly. Even until now. “

Tiffany looked up to look at Jessica. Her tears poured out again.

“ last night, she asked me to accompany her because she missed you like crazy. So we drank the beers together to take her mind off of you for a while. We both were tipsy and she continuously calling your name. She cried because she loves you too much and wanted to meet you right at the moment. I was worried for her and I just wanted her to relax. So I kissed her. That was all I wanted to do. But then, I lost control of myself because all my feelings and emotions for her poured out at the same time. Then, we both ended up doing it although she was reluctant. I forced her. “

Taeyeon sighed. She hated these kinds of feelings. She picked up Tiffany’s clothes from the floor and walked towards her. She gave the clothing to the crying girl and waited for her to wear it. Jessica just stood on the corner, feeling guilty towards them, especially Taeyeon. She completely betrayed Taeyeon’s trust and faith for her. Once done, Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany’s arm and walked to the door. She stopped, placing her hand on the door knob. Jessica looked at them.

I don’t think I would be able to trust you again after this, Jessica. This friendship.. is ruined.“

Jessica smiled a sad one.

I know.. “

************************

All nine of them stood in line on the middle of the stage, singing their hearts out for the melodious sad song.

But for Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica, Time Machine is not only a song.

Time Machine potrayed their deepest feelings towards each other.

Time slows to a crawl when I’m by myself~

Jessica felt so stupid for betraying her own best friend that she was very close to since their trainee days. Without Taeyeon being all hyper and dorky towards her, she was so lonely.

The punishment from my mistake is severe~

Taeyeon was regret saying those cruel words to Jessica. She didn’t mean to break her years of friendship with Jessica, but she failed to control her anger at the moment. She felt miserable after that. She missed Jessica.

The last words you left behind~

Jessica wanted to break down into pieces each time she recalled Taeyeon’s goodbye words. She couldn’t afford to lose this precious friendship. But she knew she deserve this.

Even now I can’t stop re-playing the refrain~

My heart still hurts~

Even Taeyeon too couldn’t forgive herself for saying those words and she hated herself for not being able to forgive Jessica ; her best friend that went through a lot with her.

Gimme a time machine~

Tiffany wanted to go back to the past to fixed everything that went wrong between three of them. She wanted to tell Taeyeon about Jessica’s feelings towards her and they would settle it among themselves. She didn’t want to hurt any of them. If only she braved herself to tell about it, the tense between Taeyeon and Jessica won’t happen.

Gimme a time machine~


So....... how is it?

i'm sorry, i didn't intend it to be this long.

it's just happen.

feel free to leave comments although it's a one shot.

thanks for those who subscribing!