Rough Day

Sing You to Sleep~

 

"Welcome home, babe." Your sweet and loving boyfriend, Minhyuk greeted as you walked through the door. You didn't greet him back. Minhyuk looked at you and noticed you weren't in a good mood. "What's wrong, babe?" He asked with a worried look on his face. You looked at him. He patted to the empty space next to him; you walked towards him and sat down. He pulled you in close and hugged you tightly. "Okay, now tell me what's wrong." 

You took in a deep breath and let out a big sigh. "Well, today was just a really rough day. There was barely anyone at work today. Out of all the days people decide not to show up is when it's the busiest. My boss gave me a load of paperwork to sort out. After that, I had a bunch of documents that needed to be typed and sent out to other people. Then I had a meeting that I completely forgot about and came in late with no presentation. After the meeting, I got yelled at by my boss for being a slacker and an embarassment. By then, I was just super frustrated with everything because my boss knows that I am the most hardworking and productive employee he has and will ever had. What made it worse were these 2 female co-workers. After I got lectured and left his office, I was walking to my desk and the 2 girls started giggling and teasing me. I didn't do anything, but mind my own business. Those two just need to grow up and stop thinking that their still in high school." Minhyuk gave a little chuckle after what you said.

"Continue~" You gave him a small smile and continued on with your story. "Well, after all that, I just worked until it was time to leave. I couldn't wait to leave and come home. Nothing much really happened after that." Just then, you snapped your fingers and widened your eyes. "Ah, something did happen while I was getting ready to come home. As I was packing my stuff, those same two girls were walking past me and bumped into me on purpose. I know it was on purpose because they both started laughing instead of apologizing. When the girls bumped into me, one of them spilled some coffee on me and I also dropped my stuff on the floor. I tried my best to stay calm and just leave it as is. I picked up my stuff and then went to the restroom to wipe off as much of the coffee stains as possible. After that, I just came straight home. Traffic was the same as usual. Long and crazy." You ended your story. 

"Wow, you did have a rough day. I'm so sorry to hear that." Minhyuk said as he gave you a kiss on the head. "Well, just remember that I'm always here to listen to whatever you want to say, okay? I will listen to whatever story you want to tell me. Also remember that everyone will have those tough days, you just need to let it go and start off new every day." You nodded and snuggled into his chest.

"Are you hungry? I can cook something for us to eat." He kindly asked. You shook your head. "Okay, how about we lay in bed and I sing you a song?" You nodded and he picked you up bridal style. You held onto him closely and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Thank you, Oppa." He smiled.

You two were laying in bed. Minhyuk pulled you closer to him. You laid your head on his chest while he had his arm around you. After you two were comfortable, he asked you which song you wanted him to sing. "Mm, it doesn't matter. Whichever song you want to sing, Oppa." 

"Okay." 

'love you, You love me 
We're a happy family 
With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you. 
Won't you say you love me too.' (Barney Song 'I Love You')

When you heard him sing that song, you lightly hit him on the chest. "Not that kind of song, Oppa." You told him while letting out a small laugh. He looked at you and started smiling. He was glad that he could still make you smile and laugh. "Okay, okay. I'll do another one. I'll be serious this time."

'Baby take off your coat
Tell me all about your day
And if you feel a little stressed
I can take the pain away

If there's something that you're down about
let me be your confident
i'll be the perfect medicine
so come on drink me up

and I know sometimes
i'm gonna be a little rough
but I promise
I'll be there when you get home

Let me sing you to sleep
Imma sing you to sleep
lay your head on my pillow
Let me sing you to sleep
Imma sing you to sleep
Baby let me ease your mind

Sing it like
na na na na na
na na na na
Let me sing it like
na la la la la la
na na na na' (Matt Cab 'Sing You to Sleep')

While Minhyuk sings to you, he gently your hair as you close your eyes listening to his voice. Minhyuk singing to you was your most favorite thing in the world. You loved his soft and beautiful voice. It was very soothing and relaxing. You slowly start to drift off in your sleep. You couldn't help but smile as you were sleeping. Minhyuk continued to sing the song until he felt tired himself. Before he went to sleep, he gave you one last kiss on the head. "Sorry you had such a rough day, baby. I promise to always be there for you and help you fight through these struggles. I love you."

Author's Notes: Hello, my lovely readers~ I really hope that you enjoyed reading this oneshot I wrote!
It was an idea I had a while back and I just finally finished writing it. :) It was, of course, inspired by the
song 'Sing You to Sleep' by Matt Cab. This idea came to me while listening to the song and the lyrics.
So I'd like to just give credit for that. ^^ Hope that you all will continue to read more of my fics! Suggest
ideas and I'll take them into consideration. ^_^ Have a wonderful day, lovelies~ ^3^