Final

A Pleasent Surprise

As I have grown older I realized how important it is to actually talk about your feelings. I realize how important it is to have a trusted confidant, to have a good friend who may not always know what to say but who will always listen.

It was in one of my late night chats with my unnies that the topic of something so simple has me still thinking. Flowers. We were talking about flowers. Now I'm not the biggest fan of red roses. They are much to cliche for me and white roses, well quite frankly they bore me. Now I like flowers don't get me wrong. I just don't like roses. Is that so wrong? I mean why neglect the whole flower kingdom when there are so many options? Lilies are beyond beautiful and possess such delicate elegance. Sunflowers will always make you smile. There is something romantic and endearing on how the sunflower always faces the sun. I mean come on that is just to cute. And the rarity of seeing cherry blossoms in full bloom is something truly special.

But no. The "romantic" flower is the red rose. The flower that literally hurts anything that gets too close. Those are the flowers that most girls prefer. Those are the flowers my unnies prefer. I tell them that I don't really care for them. So Dara unnie asks me, "then which do you like?" It doesn't really take much thinking but there is one flower that I have a great fondness for: the tulip. The one flower my mother gave up on trying to grow. And not just any tulip but I really do love orange tulips. Bom unnie says that maybe one day a guy will ask her for this bit of information in hopes of wooing me. But then I add that tulips don't bloom for too long and they need very specific weather to bloom. And she says to me "you couldn't be more difficult could you?" And that might have bothered me a bit more than it should have. Was I really difficult? Maybe in the past I might have taken that as a compliment, but now not so much.

But then why was I starting at a bouquet of orange tulips? With a little handwritten note addressed to me nonetheless. But most of all how could he have known?

They are more beautiful than I imagined and smelled sweeter than I could ever hope.

The sender couldn't have made me any happier. and he was brave enough to sign his own name as well. 

Thank you, Baekhyun oppa. 


Author's note: Ahhhhhhh my first post. I'm not sure why but I feel like Baekhyun would be the type of guy to give girls flowers but still be bashfula and shy. Lol